Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Come On SC!

Where are all the SC people? I know there has to be some banders out there? Come on and lets talk and get to know each other. I was banded on the 30th of June. If you are new here and want someone to talk to I am your girl. This is the best decision I have ever made for myself and I am lovin' it!

Angie

Hi Angie,

I'm originally from South Carolina (Upstate) and try to go back there once a year, but I'm living in Australia now :D

Have to agree -the band is the best thing I've ever done for me.

I live in Ohio but own a condo in Hilton Head. Does that count? My surgery was June 27th. I'm down 45 pounds (with pre-op diet). I couldn't be happier. I haven't made it to the island this year because I kept waiting for insurance to come through. I ended up going selfpay. The last time I was on the island, I couldn't walk but about 100-150 yds down the beach. I was so depressed. I can't wait to get back. I'm walking about 2 miles a night now. I LOVE MY BAND!

Cathy

"Paparazzi"

235/225/190/140

Dr. Trace Curry

Cincinnati, Ohio

That is cool! I would love to visit Austrailia one day. If I do I will look you up! :) I live in Upstate too. It is beautiful here. I really love it.

Yes, That counts! Hilton head is a beautiful place too. I would love to go there next summer, we should look at meeting each other.

Angie

What about Eliza from Summersville? I havent' heard from her in ages. Yoohooo! Eliza!!!

(I'm in NC, but it's Charlotte...gimme a break for being nosey :))

WELCOME and good luck next week. I'm 5 miles from SC I live near Waxhaw.

Good luck next week you will love your band!!!

Hi all! Looking to get banded in Jan here at the beach...so a great big (soon to be smaller, I hope) HELLO from a newbie to this site! Would love to hear from fellow Carolinians!

:P)

Janet

Hey Janet! It is great to see a new South Carolina person on here! It has been like a ghost town here! lol Welcome to the site and hello from Upstate! I am in the Lake Wylie area about 20 minutes from Charlotte NC. We have a great group of girls on the NC thread that I go up and visit when we have our meetings. Maybe one day you can come up and visit. Good luck with your surgery. I had mine back in June and I have lost 50 pounds. It's been hard this holiday, I havent lost much at all! :mad: I need to get back on the band wagon so to speak and get busy! :P Ok, Let me know how you do ok?

Angie

Hi Angie,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Sorry it has taken me so long to post....the icky sick stuff has been making the rounds in my family. Hope your New Year went well, and it sounds like you're ready to get back on the bandwagon - you've done so great this far! I did wander around this site and found where you guys meet & take the pics every month - cool idea! I actually have a friend who was banded by the same doc as you on 11/22/05; she lives in Charlotte. I told her to check this website out as well. I hope I can make the group meeting someday....lapband is very uncommon around here (Myrtle Beach). The support group arranged by the doc's office is very slim on lapband patients, and the gastric bypass patients have a bit of disdain for anyone that chose lapband. Yesterday I was given a "tentative" date of Jan 31...fingers crossed, it will be then. Let's keep in touch - I think it's going to be rough on me, and any way I can help you or others might make it easier for me as well.

:))

Janet

Hey Janet...I am from NC but your name SCbeachbander made me want to look where you were from. We have a house in N Mrytle Beach that we don't use alot in the winter but spring, summer and fall is used alot. Maybe one day when I am down that way we can meet up for lunch or shopping or something...

Welcome and come over and jump in on the NC thread at anytime. Good Luck.

Awesome on the date Janet! I hope it stays and you are banded soon. That would be awesome.

I did have a great New year. I am over the holidays and ready to get back to normal. It was just a crazy christmas for me all together. How was your New Year?

I would love to keep in contact with you. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you to help you through your surgery. I will answer any questions you have. GOOD LUCK GIRL!

Angie

p.s. check out the pic thread on the general-lapband forum my pic is I believe the last one there.

Hello SC/NC....I had my EGD done yesterday (where they cram a tube down your throat to look for stomach hernias or anything else odd). I know some docs don't mandate this, but mine does. Let me tell ya, when the nurse says "this is going to be the worst stuff you've ever had in your mouth", believe it. She had a can that looked like a yellow WD40 can with a long tiny "straw"....which she wiggles to the back of your throat, tells you to hold your breath, squirts a gallon into your throat...and then says swallow. OMG! Between that and the IV (I'm TERRIFIED of needles), it was a rough day. My doctor asked if I would prefer them to wait, hidden, in the parking lot, and shoot me with a tranquilizer gun.....I think it's a great idea!

Kim, glad you read the post! We can certainly get together when you come to N Myrtle! I am eager to meet and talk with other banders because I think I am going to need help/suggestions, or just plain ole friendship from someone who knows what I'm going through. I actually live in Surfside, but with the new Hwy 31, it's a quick ride further north. Let me know when you're going to be in the area!

Angie, the New Year went great....but today is going to be hectic.....my daughter is having her 6th birthday party here today. And guess what idiot me decided would be "fun" to have a bunch of 6 yr olds do? Tie-dye t-shirts. HHmmm. If there's a way to do a warm sun-dance, I need to be learning how to do it quick! I am going to be in trouble if I can't do at least part of it outside! Add to it that my mother-in-law came down last night with her best friend, and I had to act like nothing was wrong from the EGD (I'm not telling her I'm having the surgery since she is against it...same with my Mom). And (laughing) my 3 & 6 yr old are being "helpful" saying "Mommy has to go somewhere where she can eat mushy soft stuff because she's sick". I just blamed it on a good ole sore throat!

Let me run and start cleaning before the little people arrive for the party! I'll check in with you guys hopefully soon!

Janet