Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eating accountability

i am having a very hard time of things right now. i am starting this thread so i have a place to post what i am eating each day (besides dailyplate) in the hopes of making myself accountable. dailyplate is great for telling me my intake but i think i might need someplace that others will see. like i wont want to eat it because then i have to put it here. and people will judge...at least thats what i am gonna tell myself. so please feel free to make comments and suggestions. oh, and i am also gonna post about my exercise too.

so to get started:

am workout: not much. really 1/2 assed through about 10 minutes of a workout on fit tv then went back to sleep. will have to make up for it tonight

breakfast: almost 8 oz coffee w/1 tsp sugar, 2tsp french vanilla Creamer (6 am)

morning snack: dannon light and fit 60 calorie yogurt cup, raspberry flavor (11:30 am)

Your like me... I have to place it out there or I just blow it off. It's what I call sneak eating and just justify it. I get lazy at making the effort to be accountable for every bite, nibble or item. After all it does add up.

Today:

Breakfast Hard Boiled egg (1) 80 cal

Mid-morning Yogart Yoplait 170 cal

lunch Turkey meat 1.5 oz 60 cal

cheese 1.0 oz 40 cal

egg hard Boiled (1) 80 cal

live- that is exactly it-sneaking! sneak a bite of this or that here and there. doesnt seem like much until the end of the day and this or that here and there ends up being a bunch!

i am sad that i have come to and am at this point. but i need to be sad and then get over it and start anew and move on. its that moving on part i am having troubles with.

afternoon snack: 1 clementine orange (12:50 p.m) i have a slimfast shake to have for "lunch", but havent had that yet. i think they are nasty so i am holding off as long as i can. lol.

Edited by want_so_bad

I am so right with you. It's that darn sneak a bit here there and everywhere. The office has this huge candy dish. Every mini snack size chocolate you can dream of right now with Easter around the corner. I have not touched a bit of it in two weeks. It's just calling me everyday. I won't touch one not one!! I can tell I need a little topper on my fill. I feel hungry about two hours after I eat. I just had a cut up apple after I just ate my meat, cheese and egg lunch. I should be able to last longer than 2 hours.

what do you think?

Hi there, well I was just banded, but I'd like to jump in on this thread to get some ideas of what others eat. I'm in the mushy stage, but you can still can get side tracked on that. I added a fitness ticker to keep track of my walking. That gives me some motivation to see the little "icon" running towards the 100 mile mark,lol. What is your calorie-intake-for-a-day goal?

great post its like its me talking everything yall just said its so me....hahaha i say o i will just have one of these chips (not ) before i know it i have eaten half a bag.this accountability thing will defenetly work for me thanks guys....lol mariah

I am so right with you. It's that darn sneak a bit here there and everywhere. The office has this huge candy dish. Every mini snack size chocolate you can dream of right now with Easter around the corner. I have not touched a bit of it in two weeks. It's just calling me everyday. I won't touch one not one!!

Good gurl!! You will be the one losing weight while everyone else is eating those little candy bars from hell!!

Edited by 1RockinMom

Welcome. Your doing awesome by the way.

I'm back to doing mostly Proteins, I limit my carbs at all costs. I find my body reacts much better and I don't crave very much.

I'm back to eating 1500 a day

Edited by LiveLoveLaugh

I find that during this past winter I stopped working out. That really did me in as far at the scale. My doctor says I've lost a lot of fat yet that scale has stopped dead.

I won't allow that to kill the goal I have.... I'm getting out more and walking etc.... This is going to jump start me again. I hate that winter slump. Why I did it have no idea. Shaking it off and getting recharged again!!

i am excited to see people joining me in this! its nice to not feel alone, lol. kinda pathetic of me but true.

live- your lunch has given me new ideas of stuff to bring to work. i always forget about hard boiled eggs! and i would think you could go longer then 2 hours. has it been long since your last fill? i am going to schedule a fill. i got one a few weeks ago but i can eat more (not just quanity but variety too) then before the fill! i am not getting that stuck feeling, or my normal, slow down tightness or anything. it just sucks!

rockin- welcome to the land of the band. there is another good thread for meal/food ideas. it has a ton of posts. i go look there sometimes when i need ideas or am bored of eating the same old same old. and i am trying to stay at 1200 a day. after i finish off the slimfast i bought i am going to try going back to the high Protein, low carb way. i feel better then. i dont totally eliminate carbs, just try to be very careful/selective about what i eat.

and i so hear ya sexy. stupid chips! i think they must add something addicting to the salt. funny though, since being banded i noticing i crave sweet more then salt. before it was the opposite. weird! lately though, its just EVERYTHING.

:biggrin: Help! I'm eating the last of the pringles!!! (my biggest weakness)

Step away from the "CHIPS" LOL

Yeah I love hard boiled eggs. I buy Eggland's best this is well worth extra cost for the boost they give.

I had a fill in Jan. as I lef t the office and went back to work I couldn't keep my saliva down. Over filled, went back and had .50 cc taken out. a week later had problems and he took 1cc out to give it time to heal a bit. Just got a .50cc fill last week 3/24 and have another appointment now for 4/14 to get a tweak more. I'm hoping this will do it for me for awhile. This will take me to 7.5 as I have 7cc now in my 10cc band

Do you have the amount in your band?

i have either 1.8 or 2.0 in my band right now. i cant remember which though now that i think about it. i have the 9.75 band. last august i got greedy and thought i wasnt losing fast enough and got 2 fills really close together. i got overfilled and was sick sick for a week. i ended up having to get totally unfilled. i stayed that way for months, until december i think. tried a fill then, did too much, had to have most of it removed. same thing the next time. now when i get a fill its tiny amounts at a time! like .2 was the last one. its so frustating!!!! i usually take until the next day before i can tell if the fill is too much. and thats hard because i live like 90 miles from the fill doctor. so there is lots of time off work and traveling to get it right.

oh this is gonna hurt so bad to post. but thats why i started this whole thread, right? right? oh this is so horrible. but here goes.

this is from 5:00 pm to 10 pm.

4 lofthouse sugar Cookies

1 slice chicken pizza

1 breadstick

1 med roll w/ slice cheese and slice chicken breast lunch meat

this is more then i used to eat in a whole day!!! i am calling to make the fill appt today. it was emotional eating. i was extremely stressing out about money and fighting w/ my hubby. and my 2 year old was just unhappy and letting me know all about. i dont think she felt good. i was also wigging out about my weight...how freakin dumb, huh? freakin out about it so i eat a ton???? wth is wrong with me?