Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anybody else feel cold or chilled at times

Do you feel cold as your losing weight?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you feel cold as your losing weight?

• Haven't noticed
    • yes, I'm freezing!
    • not really
    • on occassions

I know I don't have as much padding as I use to and when I had been dieting before I would notice this. Sometimes I get so cold or feel chilled. Does anybody feel this way sometimes? I realize being mid 40's women go thru hormonal things but I don't think it's associated to mid life. My sister said she use to get chills when she dieted and was losing weight. I was just curious if anybody else goes thru this. It's not all the time either just every so often. Any ideas?

It's so common that Bariatric TV did a podcast about it! :tongue_smilie:

I used to be a person who slept on top of the covers, even in winter. I now sleep under the covers and use a space heater in the room with me at night when I sleep. I drink coffee at night now where I never did before.

I've adjusted now but I was freezing for about six months, it was very noticeable. And although I'm not always freezing anymore, I usually wear more layers than I once did - even a singlet in the winter, lol.

DH is just now going through it and driving us all mad by turning on the heating in the middle of summer.

Funny how *I* had to cope, but when its him, everyone else has to suffer the heating on rather than him putting on a jumper!

I wear two pair of socks all of the time.

I have noticed that increasing my Water intake seems to make a big difference.

I've adjusted now but I was freezing for about six months, it was very noticeable. And although I'm not always freezing anymore, I usually wear more layers than I once did - even a singlet in the winter, lol.

DH is just now going through it and driving us all mad by turning on the heating in the middle of summer.

Funny how *I* had to cope, but when its him, everyone else has to suffer the heating on rather than him putting on a jumper!

I know what you mean, too funny. i can't wait until summer this year. I have always in back of my mind dreaded summer because of the heat and I was always self councious in summer clothes. but this year, first hot day and i'm going to sit in the back yard and soak up the sun!!!!

I am so glad you brought this up. I thought it was just me. My blood pressure got too low and that made me tired and cold, but even after getting off all my meds, I am still cold.

I use to sweat in the winter and die in the summer. Now I have three blankets on my bead and I wear a very warm nightie and socks. I have a jacket for work even.

Hubby says it is due to the loss of the "fat" insulation. I remember sitting watching TV and having a towel to wipe off the sweat. And sleep, I had a fan blowing on me. I always said it was "the change" and I was having a hot flash.

But I'm not alone, and they have pretty sweaters. Layers work well also.

Thanks again for making me feel "normal".

Hope you are all well. Cannot wait to go through a summer to feel the change. Maybe I will save electricty on the window air condition I had to have on high. :welldoneclap:

I think your mileage may vary on this topic, and I know that my thyroid has an impact, but I am frequently freezing and I live in the Central Valley in California, where it has reached 92 this week. I was comfortable at that temp whereas last time this year I was sweating!

I don't know how I missed this subject but I have been colder than I have been in many years. I grew up in Michigan and had lots of cold weather but I live in California now. Now that I have lost over 75 pounds I do feel drafts and cold. I know its because my fat insulation is missing. I am also very curious to know how I am going to cope with the heat. I used to suffer walking around with all that insulation and the heat. It will be another surprise to see how my summer will go with less weight. Lots of little surprises ahead!