Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

bending over kills

Hi , I got banded 3-4 and will get my first fill 4-3 can you tell me how it went. also I am having so much pain around my port area and in the back I started to take pain meds again, it feels like my muscles are being torn apart. Does anyone else have this experience. Please help. I started eating solid foods at my 2 1/2 mark and hope I didn't do any damage. My Dr. didn't seem too concerned

was your doctor not bothed or he didnt seem concerned because he thinks everything is normal ?, thats what i would be asking him/her so i get to know a professional answer,

My port can be a little uncomfortable as it moves about sightly but not kills as you wrote in the title..

IF it kills then i would go back to the doctors & dont leave until you are 100% happy with what it is causing you so much pain

good luck

Everyone has different pain tolerances so what is really painful for one is no big deal to another. It is difficult to judge how bad the pain feels from the post.

However, now that you are a few weeks out from surgery I think it is unusual that you should have a lot of pain at this point. Discomfort, sure and maybe lifting or bending might make you sore but this sounds like more pain than that.

Do you have any additional redness or swelling around your incisions? Do they feel hot to the touch? Are all incisions closed up by now with no discharge? These are all questions you need to consider in the case of possible infection.

Definitely call your doctor one way or the other. Especially if it is getting worse instead of better.

Heather- My nurse said if no redness or fever not to worry about infection, I don't have either, just sharp pain if I stand too long. which is everyday at work, I can not bend over to pick anything up off the floor. and hard to tie my shoes. It feels like my muscles are being torn.

I was banded on March 3. Once in a while when I bend over I feel a little pain. I think its a matter of our bodies adjusting to the pain. I really don't have any pain anymore.

It's been nearly 2 weeks for me and I will ocassionally have the feeling of needles in my port area when I reach to the left (my port on the right). Has this been common for anyone else? I go for my 2 week appt. Tuesday and will ask the PA at that time.

I felt the same way, lots of pain. I was on pain meds for 3 weeks. I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel like your muscles are being torn apart, that's how I felt with any slight movement. Just remember that the port is sutured to the stomach muscle, so it will be painful, for some more than others. But nothing was wrong, and it did get a lot better... about a month after surgery I was feeling much, much better. It's different for everyone, I wouldn't worry too much. But always contact your doctor's office if you feel something is wrong.

As far as my first fill went, the fill itself wasn't bad at all. The shot to numb me wasn't bad and after that I couldn't feel the needle at all. The girl that does my fills is also banded, so she was very careful with me. My port was a little hard to access, so I had to lift my head to tighten my stomach muscles, and that hurt, but then it was over and she helped me sit up. A few hours later I was pretty sore. I got a huge bruise the next day, and had to go back to my pain meds for the next couple of days. All the activity of the fill got the pain going again. But then I was back to normal. My doctor said it was fine but to call if the area around the incision became red or inflamed.

I hope this helps, hang in there and good luck!

Edited by cristina