Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday Weigh-in: March 27

Happy Friday everyone!

Two weeks ago: 237.0

This week:235.4

1.6 lbs lost.

Actually, I lost a lot more than that because I gained some when I went out of town last week. I didn't record it though, so I'm just happy with the continued downward trend. I did finally decide to go in for a 2nd fill - had it done yesterday. I told my dr that I was ready for the band to work a little harder for me. So, to the 0.6 I already had, he added 1.5. I was kind of shocked, since he is pretty conservative with fills, but he goes by "feel" (he says that fills are more of an art than a science, and I tend to agree). Once he found the port (it's tilted and will eventually need revision) he said the liquid went in easily and he didn't feel it pushing back at him. I'm feeling fine, and have had no trouble getting liquids down. I cut up my bp pill this morning, just in case, but it gave me no trouble either. I'll be on liquids through tomorrow, then I'll experiment with adding soft Proteins. Hopefully, this is just the nudge I need to get the scale back to moving downward consistently.

Have a great weekend!

I had another good weight loss week, thanks to getting my 4th fill 2 weeks ago.

Last Friday: 217.5

Today: 213

Lost 4.5 lbs.

The fill was actually too tight and I could only get liquids down for about a week. Eating is slow going now, but I'm just going to ride it out as it will loosen up as I lose more fat. I really needed a boost in the weight loss department. I felt like I hung around 227 forever.

Bryan

Whoo Hoo!!

Last week: 184.1 (184 something ALL month!)

This week: 181.9

Difference: -2.2

Had started finally going down at the beginning of the week, then mid-week got a fill and finished off with this!

SO HAPPY!!

DD and I are sicker tho. She saw her doc yesterday and got 3 different meds, including antibiotics and my doc wrote me an Rx for antibiotics today. Hopefully we can finally kick this junk! It's been 2 months!

Bryan, just be careful. You don't want to be too tight for too long. That can cause erosion and slippage.

Bryan and Misty, congrats on the losses!! WTG!!

Last week: 163

This week: 160

Loss: -3 lbs

I have been sicker than a dog! I got a horrible sinus infection and am just starting to feel better. I am sure that is why I had such a huge loss this week. I hope I don't gain any of this back!

I am slated for my 3rd fill next month, but I may just move it out another month since I do feel pretty good restriction still.

I haven't posted on weigh in day for a few weeks. I was up and down 1-2 lbs during that period of time.

Last Friday - 217

Today 3/27 - 215

down 2 lbs - finally

This is my last Friday weigh in for a long, long while as I go in for my Body Lift surgery next Thursday!

I also got completely unfilled on Tuesday so have been trying hard not to gain now, let alone lose. I can definitely eat much more, but am trying to control portions, and I seem to be constantly hungry. Obviously my stomache hasn't 'shrunk' much from having so little food in it the last 7 months!

But by Dr's scales on Tues, I'm down from last week, so that's what I'm going by. My scales at home are all over the place so I haven't bothered weighing myself on them lately, and will buy a new set after my PS.

So!

Last week: 69.1kgs (152lbs)

This week: 68.9kgs (151.6lbs)

Loss of about 0.4lbs.

Wish me luck for Thursday!

Good job for all your hard work everyone! Lellow, good luck with your surgery!

I'm still not counting in fitday. Maybe next week.

Last 2 Weeks: 173

This Week: 172

Have a great week everyone!

Brad

Lellow~ Good Luck, we will be thinking of you!

Well, I am back up to 193 - I hate 193!

I also have not been able to exercise all week. I hurt my back on Tuesday and will not be able to do any exercise for about 2 weeks, Argh!

I'm down 1.5 lbs this week ... and that's EVEN with a trip to Hershey, PA. No wonder they call it the 'sweetest place on earth' !! I was like a kid on crack!

Last week 229

This week 228

Only one pound but considering I was away from home with no scales all week and just got to weigh this morning. I will take one pound.

Well I haven't weighed in a long time, I had a rough month in February and had to have a partial unfill of 2cc. I gained some weight back and it was up and down all month. I finally got a full adjustment on Tuesday and dropped a few pounds, so I am hoping to be on the downhill road now. So, down a total of 94.5lbs since 8/8/08. Good luck everyone!

Gilta, hasn't this stuff been horrible! Hope you're feeling better soon. I finally got antibiotics so I'm hoping to be A LOT better by the end of next week.

This is my last Friday weigh in for a long, long while as I go in for my Body Lift surgery next Thursday!

Wish me luck for Thursday!

You're doing great, Lellow! Hang in there! I know how hungry you must be. I was STARVING by the time I got to Wed for my re-fill! I've decided I don't LIKE being hungry!!! Makes me grumpy!! LOL!

Best wishes on your surgery! Let us know how you're doing as soon as you can.

Also, have you tried changing the batteries in your scale?

I also have not been able to exercise all week. I hurt my back on Tuesday and will not be able to do any exercise for about 2 weeks, Argh!

Kristen, sounds awful! Hope you're back on your feet soon!

I'm down 1.5 lbs this week ... and that's EVEN with a trip to Hershey, PA. No wonder they call it the 'sweetest place on earth' !! I was like a kid on crack!

That would be a tough trip for me! LOVE chocolate!!!!

Congrats to all who are losing!

For those who are struggling, please try to hang in there. Keep posting so you can get support and stay accountable. I find it so important.

Have a great week everyone!

Edited by heartfire
mistakes

Also, have you tried changing the batteries in your scale?

Heartfire, what an excellent idea! I hadn't thought of that at all! It's been years since I changed the batteries on those scales. Maybe 4 years? Lol! Will definitely give that a go. Thanks, you may have saved me a packet!

And thanks to a bout of gastro, I'm losing again. Dropped a lb this morning because I'm barely eating anything. Everything I eat comes back out.

Not sure this is the way I'd like to lose weight. And I'm hoping I'm better soon, as surgery is only 4 days away!

Heartfire, what an excellent idea! I hadn't thought of that at all! It's been years since I changed the batteries on those scales. Maybe 4 years? Lol! Will definitely give that a go. Thanks, you may have saved me a packet!

And thanks to a bout of gastro, I'm losing again. Dropped a lb this morning because I'm barely eating anything. Everything I eat comes back out.

Not sure this is the way I'd like to lose weight. And I'm hoping I'm better soon, as surgery is only 4 days away!

You're welcome. I've done that before. Changed the battery and all was well again!

I'll pray that this is just a 24hr thing and you'll be all better VERY soon! Try not to get dehydrated! Take care!