Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is God real?

I believe that God exists. He is real and ever present. I believe he is sad when he looks down upon the earth and sees what mankind is doing. I also believe that he has a plan. His Son will return one day and end all of this madness, and take his rightful throne as King of Kings. Would anyone like to talk with me on this subject? I'm starting this new post, because some on this LBT rants and raves section don't want me to even mention God on a thread that's about abortion or the Octuplet mom or any other subject. So, I will start this thread that is only about Him and/or religion. What do you say? Is God real? Will He really return to earth one day?

What do you say? Is God real

No.

I really don’t know if there is a God or not, I guess that makes me agnostic. I also really don’t care. I believe in trying to be good to my fellow man because it seems like the right thing to do, not a rule to follow because a priest or a book told me so. While I don’t know the answer to “is God real?", I do know that there are religions and I am sick of them all. It seems that all of them are corrupt in some way or another. I just wish that all of you that are religious would just be happy with what you have and leave everyone else alone. It seems that religion is far too often used as a tool or justification for one group to oppress another. I am so sick of this religion looking down on that religion or a people using “gods will” as a justification to do their evil bidding. I love my country and its people (and I served it honorably in the military) but I don’t believe god or any other power makes us great, we have to do that on our own.

I believe in god as well. But let me ask you a question.

What makes you think your god is better than anyone else's?

I often ask this question and the usual answer is that according to the bible blah, blah, blah.

Is God real? What a great question. Or, how do I know He is real? Good one too. We can see Him in His creation. We can feel Him when we say His name. When we consider how wonderfuly we are made.... when we hear a heartbeat of a baby.... when I see my sister's sonogram of her unborn baby.... when I look into the eyes of another human being...seeing all the different faces out there.... all different and unique... when I looked at a sunrise or sunset... when I look into the dark, night sky and stare at the stars glistening...or look into the clouds or at a beautiful rainbow.... yes, He is real... He is as close as the mention of His name.... His arms surround us, His Love is beyond explanation... For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son...John 3:16.... God loves you all whether you believe in Him or not... He surely believes in you!

I believe in god as well. But let me ask you a question.

What makes you think your god is better than anyone else's?

I often ask this question and the usual answer is that according to the bible blah, blah, blah.

There can only be one God. Yes? Only one God created all things, right? So someones Got to have it right.

I really don’t know if there is a God or not, I guess that makes me agnostic. I also really don’t care. I believe in trying to be good to my fellow man because it seems like the right thing to do, not a rule to follow because a priest or a book told me so. While I don’t know the answer to “is God real?", I do know that there are religions and I am sick of them all. It seems that all of them are corrupt in some way or another. I just wish that all of you that are religious would just be happy with what you have and leave everyone else alone. It seems that religion is far too often used as a tool or justification for one group to oppress another. I am so sick of this religion looking down on that religion or a people using “gods will” as a justification to do their evil bidding. I love my country and its people (and I served it honorably in the military) but I don’t believe god or any other power makes us great, we have to do that on our own.

First of all, let me say thankyou for serving in the military. I appreciate all that you have done. Without you and others like you, we wouldn't have any of the freedoms we have right now.

I agree with you about being sick of religions. I believe God also is unhappy with organized religion where man makes up doctrines to suit their own desires. I believe that a 'relationship' with God should replace all 'religion' about God.

I don't agree with you about each of us making our ownselves great, though. God is Great, and any greatness we may have comes from Him I believe.

Ideere, You should write poems. That was so beautiful. I, too, see God in creation. For if there is a painting, then there is an artist, and if there is a building, then there is an architect. Thanks for your post.

I'm glad I watched all the way through because at first I thought that dude was SERIOUS. :crying:

That guy has a few videos up but I haven't watched any others.

From the beginning, God has allowed things in life to happen and time to pass, all the while he is drawing men to Himself through the circumstances that happen in the world around them. So, when you see tornadoes that have destroyed cities, and disasters in our nation, and sickness, it is not God's doing. It is simply life happening. When a person eats fatty fried foods every day, a heart attack and death is sure to come. Then when it does, people cry out "Where was God?" Well, he was right there.

His will is for all to be able to enter his home in heaven when they die. His will is for man to love him as he loves them, and to choose to be part of his family willingly. So, how would you like it if your kids were forced to love you? Would you want that? probably not. That's why it is our decision to love him or not, and he gives us this lifetime only to make that decision.

Many people look at 'religion' as a whole and ignore God as their Father and personal savior. Religion is something that MAN has created. Religion wasn't in Gods plan. That was the devils plan to keep men from turning their hearts from God. He was very clever. I could just hear Satan saying..."Let's make so many differing religions and doctrines to follow, and mankind will be disgusted with it all and turn their backs on God altogether." It is working well. Satan has a plan, too. He desires to bring as many souls to Hell with him as he can.

I got a kick out of this.

Sorry if I am starting to harp on a theme here!

"There is a foolish corner in the brain of the wisest man."

- Aristotle

This video, forwarded to me from a fellow atheist, just about says it all, as far as I am concerned.

I don't wish to believe in a punitive God, one who is so powerless, that He must punish folks for not choosing to believe in Him.