Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kissing the Band Bye-Bye! Yes!!!

Hi Elisabeth, sorry to hear about your band experience. I had my band removed exactly three years after having it installed, almost to the day. Pretty happy with how the sleeve is working for me and hope you have success with it too.

Thank you so much. Sunday is my 3 year band anniversary and April 1 is my sleeve birthday. Knowing people are happy and successful with the sleeve is helping calm my nerves. LOL.

Uh, guys, do we really have to discuss cheesecake right now? Some of us are on liquids only and starving!!! :crying:

Cheesecakes are evil. LOL. Hang in there with the liquids and keep yourself busy so you don't dwell on food and hunger. I'm 4 days into the 30 grams of carbs and woke up with a stomach ache and heartburn. I know people complain of a headache with carb withdrawal but what about stomach aches? I think I'm just weird! LOL.

I will be celebrating my dad's 90th birthday and my daugters's 28th on the 1st, but I will be thinking of you, celebrating the beginning of a whole new life for you!

I will be celebrating my dad's 90th birthday and my daugters's 28th on the 1st, but I will be thinking of you, celebrating the beginning of a whole new life for you!

Happy Birthday to both of them and have a wonderful time celebrating. I can't believe the time is nearly here. I'm leaving work early on Tuesday, driving home, and getting a car service to the airport. My "to do" list before I leave is getting smaller and keeping busy is helping with the mild anxiety. LOL.

Elisabeth, we are almost there! I can't believe how quickly this is coming up. I am so excited for both of us! And, Denise, you aren't too far behind us either, girl!!

Elisabeth, we are almost there! I can't believe how quickly this is coming up. I am so excited for both of us! And, Denise, you aren't too far behind us either, girl!!

I am excited for both of ya'll. I will be getting much needed "surgery" on my hair: Cut/Color/deep conditioning, during your surgery. Will be thinking about you both.

I'm working a 13 hour shift Monday night, leaving work 2 hours early, and heading to the airport. By the time I get to sleep I think I will have been awake around 36+ hours not counting the 3 hour time difference. LOL. At least I don't have a lot of time to worry.

I made a packing and "to do" list and will get the packing out of the way today. The mantra is "pack light". LOL. The "to do" list is nearly completed so I guess I'm good to go. I look forward to seeing you in a few days and to a new life without the band.

I am excited for both of ya'll. I will be getting much needed "surgery" on my hair: Cut/Color/deep conditioning, during your surgery. Will be thinking about you both.

SOMEONE has to look good! LOL. Enjoy the new doo!

After my 13 hour shift tonight, I'll be heading to the airport to have my revision to the VSG on 4/1. Yes, it will be a marathon day for me with no sleep until Wed evening. Three years ago today, I was banded. I am so looking forward to this revision. I'll post when I can.

Good luck Elisabeth!!! I am thinking of you and will see you there on Wednesday!

I talked to Elisabeth for about an hour tonight while she is at the hotel.

She had her pre op diagnostics, she met the staff, she was taken to the hotel the night before surgery, and she's doing well.

Yolanda will pick her up in the AM and her surgery is tomorrow.

She's doing GREAT!

Tomorrow... SUSAN! ;o)

They get their lives back, this is a good thing!

I can't wait until they come back all sleeved! :thumbdown:

elisabeth

how are you?hope surgery went well ,i/m here if u need a shoulder, hey i am thinking about band,should i think about the sleeve instead????whats ur opinio hon?ty larry

elisabeth

how are you?hope surgery went well ,i/m here if u need a shoulder, hey i am thinking about band,should i think about the sleeve instead????whats ur opinio hon?ty larry

Hi Larry,

I started a new thread to share the experiences of the operative and post-operative VSG surgery that can answer your questions. As for your question about opting for the sleeve instead of the band, I say, "GO FOR THE SLEEVE". Thank you for your kind post.