Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problem that doctor didn't warn me about!

the doughy pizza bread probaby swells too much and causes fullness

try just eating the cheese and sauce

you are talking to someone that had papa john on speed dial and could consume an entire pie in one night alone

sometimes i make no noodle lasagna- low fat ricotta cheese, Pasta sauce and mozzerella- after a while you don't notice there are no noodles and it's just fine

there are ways to enjoy italian food in new ways

I love food. Sometimes I get sad when I can't finish too. It is good to know that there are others that have a hard time with that part of our new life. I am learning every day to slow down and enjoy every tiny bite. But it is hard.

banded feb 25 2009

lost 19 lbs.

I have learned to my dismay that my eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach. To solve this every thing I eat is measured BEFORE it goes on my plate which is 1/2 cup. I always cut up everything in very tiny pieces. I then gauge how fast I eat and my wait times between bites so that I finish the same time everyone else is finishing. That way I don't have to watch everyone still eating and I don't have anything. Mentally if I eat the last bite about the same time everyone else does, I don't feel as if I was deprived. Listen and try everything others suggest but you will have to find what little tricks work for you ... At work in our lunch room many times people bring in treats for everyone. I position myself away from and try to keep it out of sight. I am not to proud to ask for help from my co-workers by asking them to move it to the other end of the table...They have been great! I also try and focus on the non scale victories (NSV)! Just think YOU have made a conscious decision to make your life better--healthier! That is a NSV! Just keep trying different ideas and talk to yourself...(POSITIVELY)! Find things that you can side track you mind.

I don't think I have ever or I haven't recognized the FULL feeling....but I do know that I don't get hungry between meals. I guess I'm lucky in that respect but there have been times ...like right now .... that I have to find something to do to keep me out of the kitchen.

Good Luck and work to find what works for you.

Deb

Highest lifetime wt. 386

1st visit to doctor 376

Surgery date 342

Today's wt. 302

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches