Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soft Calcium Chews

I know a lot of people remember the Viactiv or the citracal Calcium chews, everyone seemed to have loved them including myself. I know we already have issues with taking the correct Vitamins and actually liking them. Bariatric Advantage is releasing the soft calcium chews, no I have never tried them so I dont know, but from speaking to one of their reps its suppose to be similar to the viactivs one which was really good. Here is the link. Maybe theyll give away some samples. I figured ill start a thread like this because every little think helps.

Bariatric Advantage - Chewy Bites

that's great that Bariatric Advantage is releasing some! i was taking the viactiv multi and the Calcium b/c i hated all my chewable options, but my nutritionist (at the surgery center) said viactiv is junk and a waste of money. he has me on the Bariatric Advantage vitaband chews and the calcium.

my only problem is taking them on a regular schedule! multi, calcium, Iron, and Vitamin D = a lot of Vitamins to take!

My surgeon recommends Viactive, what is the benefit of buying from Bariatric Advantage?

Viactive-500MG Calcium, 500 IU Vitamin D $6.99 for 60

BA-250 MG Calcium, 125 IU Vitamin D $9.99 for 60

Flipman416, I have asked this question in the past. Have you been banded? All of your posts seem to boast the Bariatric Advantage products but you never seem to actually talk about the Lap Band or experiences related to it.

Edited by Jodi_620

My nutritionist from St. Luke's, Houston said Viactiv is very good. Guess it depends on their mood or mindset maybe. My surgeon also approves it...

My surgeon recommends Viactive, what is the benefit of buying from Bariatric Advantage?

Viactive-500MG Calcium, 500 IU Vitamin D $6.99 for 60

BA-250 MG Calcium, 125 IU Vitamin D $9.99 for 60

Flipman416, I have asked this question in the past. Have you been banded? All of your posts seem to boast the Bariatric Advantage products but you never seem to actually talk about the Lap Band or experiences related to it.

No i have not been banded yet, I was thinking about it for a long time, and I thought Id join here if I ever really got around to it, but believe it or not excersice and eating correctly is helping me im about 5'9 and i was like 280 which to me is huge. im down now to 204 and still loosing. I say alot about bariatric advantage because they are an awesome product and I believe that people like myself or any body else that have undegone some kind of bariatric surgery can benefit through them. I have seen alot of Vitamins out there, but I have never fully seen a nutritional company that is so dedicated to the bariatric community.

For the most part the specs in the viactiv and bariatric advantage brand are accurate. Except viactiv uses calcium carbonate which is harde to break down. Bariatric Advantage uses calcium citrate which is perfect for the bariatric patient.

Viactiv also contains sugars and Bariatric advantage does not.

I checked and the price is 8.95 not the 6.99 that you said well at least online. Bariatric advantage is now doing a pre-order as well and its buy 3-get the 4th free. Thanks for looking out though and being suspicious, thats why im always so nervous in posting in here, because you cant say positive thinks about company without someone being negative or being suspicious oh well i guess its all part of blogging, theres my say. Get some from Bariatric advantage or Viactiv your choice. Have a good day everybody and keep on loosing.

And then sometimes we wonder...if not banded...why the big push on the site for one particular brand? Couldst there be some kind of 'connection' with the product/company? Just my curious grey matter at work. Matters not, I'm doing what I need to do and I am banded!!

and then sometimes we wonder...if not banded...why the big push on the site for one particular brand? Couldst there be some kind of 'connection' with the product/company? Just my curious grey matter at work. Matters not, i'm doing what i need to do and i am banded!!

good for you!!

I just started using a liquid calcium citrate product from Vitamin Shoppe. One tablespoon has 60% RDA and only has 5 calories and 1 g of carbs. It has a little bit of a chalky flavor, but it's not bad at all. You can mix it with a drink, but I take mine straight. When I travel, I'll take my Viactiv though, since it's easier to pack.

I say alot about Bariatric Advantage because they are an awesome product and I believe that people like myself or any body else that have undegone some kind of bariatric surgery can benefit through them.

I'll say!!! Out of 75 posts, you have linked to Bariatric Advantage website in pretty much all of them. Yet you almost never even mention Lap Band.

For the most part the specs in the viactiv and bariatric advantage brand are accurate. Except Viactiv uses Calcium carbonate which is harder to break down. Bariatric Advantage uses calcium citrate which is perfect for the bariatric patient.

I called my doctor to verify and he said that first, since Viactiv has so much Vitamin D (which helps you absorb Calcium) it works just fine. He said that Citrate does absorb more easily on an empty stomach both absorb well when taken with meals, something I did not know. Carbonate is better taken with meals because it relies on stomach acids to be absorbed but it still works either way. But considering Viactiv has twice as much Calcium and Vitamin D for less money, I'll stick with what works for me.

I checked and the price is 8.95 not the 6.99

I buy mine locally and with coupons I can get them even cheaper sometimes.

Thanks for looking out though and being suspicious, thats why im always so nervous in posting in here, because you cant say positive thinks about company without someone being negative or being suspicious oh well i guess its all part of blogging, theres my say.

Lets be fair here, that is ALL you come on here to talk about. We all appreciate good advice from fellow bandsters and even future bandsters. But when you come on a Lap Band website and never discuss the topic at hand but always push the same website, people are gonna be suspicious of your intentions. It was pretty clear to me that you were not a Lap Band patient.

Jodi

Your going to make your goal weight within one year...WOW!!

You have done great!

I got my band on 3/9/09 hope I will do as well as you have.

I will be living in sterling in April.

Thanks Taninvver, I love my band! I hope the same for you too!!!

And albiet a little premature, Welcome to Sterling! I've lived in different parts of the area (Ashburn, Leesburg, Herndon)for 22 years now but I was always drawn back to Sterling and that is where we decided to settle when we bought our house 11 years ago...I love it here!