Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so tired of liquids

I am amazed at what I can turn into liquid!! 1 small can of baked Beans, a splash of BBQ Sauce and hot Water... blitz until smooth and pourable... looks horrid tastes good!!!

I was banded on the 25th February... now waiting for mushie food...

I am so grateful for my Magic Bullet blender. I guess getting sucked into that infomercial wasn't so bad after all. I bought it two years ago and hardly used it but now I use it every day since being on liquids pre and post op. It's the perfect tool for this phase of diet.

I am amazed at what I can turn into liquid!! 1 small can of baked Beans, a splash of BBQ Sauce and hot Water... blitz until smooth and pourable... looks horrid tastes good!!!

I was banded on the 25th February... now waiting for mushie food...

that sounds wonderful... i have a regular blender. do you think that would work?

I am so grateful for my Magic Bullet blender. I guess getting sucked into that infomercial wasn't so bad after all. I bought it two years ago and hardly used it but now I use it every day since being on liquids pre and post op. It's the perfect tool for this phase of diet.

what kinds of foods do you blend in there?

Mostly I blend chunky Soups with veggies or meat. I can thin it with Water or broth and get it pourable/drinkable. Its still thick enough that it gives me some substance to keep from getting hungry quickly. I also will blend Atkins shake with 2 scoops Beneprotein for a whopping 23gram Protein Drink. The liquid diet post op is a little different from the liquid diet pre-op. Our goal now is not to shrink our livers but to take it easy on our new tummys while healing.

Just try different things, but add the extra liquid. My Mum used to work in an old folks home, so she has given me a few tips on vitamising foods!! The Beans were so good they hung on for 3+ hours! finding that liquids are starting to last less, so having to get slightly thicker now to compensate.

Good luck with you blitzing!!!

I'd be lost without my Magic Bullet. I'm back on liquids for two weeks because I have a stretched pouch and inflammation. Last night I went and got the amazing chicken tortilla Soup I love and blended the heck out of it. It seemed like a real treat.

I'm also trying to take advantage of this time by adding more to my liquids to get healthier. I got some greens/probiotic mix to add to juice. Some liquid hydroxycut. I like Protein drinks so that's not so bad for me. It would be easy to eat high fat Soups and ice cream but I sure would love to lose weight duirng this liquids phase...

i love using my hand blender... i've made some great Soups and blended them down right in the Soup pot. the best part is the easy clean up :cursing:

Ok so i ran to my moms house and got her little puree machine and i pureed campbells bean with bacon Soup and it was SO GOOD. I am sooooo happy that you guys gave me these tips. i have so many cans of yumminess in my cupboard that i can actually eat now. I love you guys!!!! This makes it doable. And the Beans do keep me full. :cursing:

I was banded on 02/24 as well and have 6 days left on liquids. I fell your pain. I'm so tired of cream Soups and it doesnt help that I only tried 2 so far V8 Brocolli & squash. I was drooling when I read the previous post and someone mentioned potato Soup. That never crossed my mind. Maybe if I get a variety it won't be as bad.

I was banded on 02/24 as well and have 6 days left on liquids. I fell your pain. I'm so tired of cream Soups and it doesnt help that I only tried 2 so far V8 Brocolli & squash. I was drooling when I read the previous post and someone mentioned potato Soup. That never crossed my mind. Maybe if I get a variety it won't be as bad.

Yes I am miserable. I wonder why all surgeons say different amounts of time. i am so jealous cuz another girl i talk to on her did liquids for a week. another girl from my same office did liquids for ten days... but this puree machine gives me new ideas.

I love my magic bullet too! I made a yummy liquid yesterday when I was craving Taco Bell. I used 1/2 cup refried Beans, 1/2 cup sirloin broth, a dab of sour cream and a dab of cheddar cheese. It's absolutely delicious warmed up. It's high Protein, high Fiber and lo fat.

Tonight however I'm craving a hunk of meat. In fact I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself, wondering when - if ever -I can have a bite of steak.

Any tips for a meat craver?

I love my magic bullet too! I made a yummy liquid yesterday when I was craving Taco Bell. I used 1/2 cup refried Beans, 1/2 cup sirloin broth, a dab of sour cream and a dab of cheddar cheese. It's absolutely delicious warmed up. It's high Protein, high Fiber and lo fat.

Tonight however I'm craving a hunk of meat. In fact I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself, wondering when - if ever -I can have a bite of steak.

Any tips for a meat craver?

OMG ha ha i am craving taco bell pintos and cheese cup soooo bad!!!!

I was banded on 2/26 and am still on liquids and am so tired of them and hungry. I finally got to start creaming Soups and mashed potatoes yesterday and find the potatoes filling. But only having a quarter cup just does not fill me up. I do not get to move to solids until my 4th week. I have lost a ton of weight fast but can not weight to eat some real food that will actually fill me up.

Smiles, you really have lost a lot of weight fast. I feel your pain about liquids though. I've only been on them for 6 days now and that's enough to last me a lifetime.