Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how much dose it lapband cost

Hi my name is Debbie I am a pensioner looking into Lap Band surgery so I can't afford normal private health insurance can you please tell me how much can the surgery cost

what cover is the best for this and any thing that you know I need to know please.:wink::confused::thumbup:

I only know what my MD charges--which is about $7000 for the band, but then you have to take into account the surgery center. Mine is an overnight stay which is about $20,000 plus all the before and after care and costs. My insurance pays for 80%, but I will hit my max out of pocket at $3750. Hope this helps.

Hi. My doctor in Florida, charged a total of $14K this includes the surgery, fills/adjustments, nutrition appointments,pre op appointment, all for 1 year after the surgery. The only thing that was not included was my primary care visits (2), and the tests they had to run for clearance. These included (for me) and EKG, blood tests. I know some people have to do other types of tests, depending on the doctor.

I didn't have the great opportunity of having my insurance pay for it, it was a policy exclusion. I paid out of pocket. That was tough, but it is worth it.

Mine was $16,000 but I sent on night in the hospital, it's mandatory for the hospital I went too, Lahen Clinic in Burlington, MA Without my insurance and my co-morbidity(s) I could not have afforded it.

The fills are expensive about $500 per fill but my insurance covers it so I pay a $20 co-pay.

Good luck

Mine was over $80K. No I did not pay for it, my insurance did. And I had to stay in the hospital for 2.5 days.

I think the average cost for an over-night banding procedure is $20K in the U.S. But I have read lots of threads by cash pay posters that had the procedure done in the U.S for less than $20K.

18 thousand for cash pay for me. That includes; pre op, the operation itself, one night stay, and a year of visits including fills.:)

I was self-pay and used CareCredit for financing. I paid $12,900. This included the surgery and two years or 10 fills.

I think every surgeon and surgery center are different. I know that if didn't go here in Houston and went to Dallas I would have paid $3,000 or something more.

My advise is just to check around for the best price but do not sacrifice the quality of the surgeon for it!!:)

Mine is going to be all together $17000.00. My out of pocket is $4500.00, insurance is paying for the rest... That price is not including all the pre-op testing I had to do. I don't really know the exact price of all that. I heard one of my nurses say that I did about $10000.00 in testing. sooooo. That would be a big difference depending on what tests your doctor wanted you to do.

Edited by carissarenae1986

I was self-pay (insurance would not cover) and therefore after MUCH research decided to have my surgery in Mexico. I paid almost $7,000 total, this included a flight for myself and my mother, pick up and return service to the airport, preop tests, surgery, one night in hospital, and one night in hotel. That does not include after care. Before I went for surgery I found a fill doctor that will take patients from Mexico, and he is going to charge me $250 a fill.

I had looked into surgery here in the states, and was going to be charged $14,000.

Mexico is not the right decision for everyone, but it was the right decision for me.

The cost of my surgery was $17,400, which included the surgeon, hospital, and anesthesia. This also includes 12 adjustments per year. I was self-pay, as my insurance does not cover lapband.

mine was 12,900 that included 1 year fills, hospital,doctor and all test before and after surgery.i was self pay. my doctor is great dr.spivak houston,tx.

In Northwest Missouri, its $13,400 for the surgery. The bariatric clinic I go to also has a $350 program fee that covers 3 months before surgery for consults with the dietician, physical therapist and psychologist. It also covers all of the pre-surgery testing like EKG, sleep apnea testing. My insurance will cover 80% but my max out of pocket expense is $500.

The clencher for me is that the fills are $150 so if I want to cancel my insurance after the surgery and pay for the fills out of pocket, it'll save me $600 a month in COBRA insurance premium. Its confusing I know!!

Mine was well $9800 canadian so I think (cant remember exactly) at the time it was something like $7250 US (could be wrong since its been awhile and I just pay attention to my canadian dollars lol).

I too went to Mexico. I choose to go back for my fills because I love my clinic, and made a lot of friends there that I go back to visit!