Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a thought for those of you drinking fruit juices, they are loaded with sugar and may be counterproductive with many of the problems listed. I was told no juice or carbonated beverages at all..(ever..although I'll use my better judgment on the "ever" part of that :wink:). Just my .02. You all will be back to normal in no time, this time is hard. What I did was start counting the days AWAY from my surgery, (still do). I know that every day further away is one towards the person I want to be. Keep up the good work Feb. Bandsters!!! :thumbup:

I was banded on 2/26. Thank you to everyone for posting your experiences. The gas and burping, I was told, is a side effect from the surgery. I found a comfortable position to sleep in and have not been doing too bad. I eat sugar free popsicles, yogurt, pudding, and broth, plus Decaf green tea, Water and decaf coffee. It feels like someone kicked me in the stomach. But I did get my period this morning, which sucks, but I will deal with it. I am, as I am sure you guys are, looking forward to getting back to normal.

Melanie

PS, weight gain is just the gas they put in you for the surgery...

Nice bonus, getting your period in the midst of all this pain! I can relate, I got mine too!! : )))

At least we are getting all that out of the way and in a week or so, we should be feeling great! Good luck to you!

Hi. I am kinda new here so forgive me if I did this wrong. First, congrats on the banding! I was banded 11/24/08 and trust me, the bowels will start to work right again and you will start to feel pain relief after a week or so. At least that was my experience. I am having a hard time feeling restricted but the fills should be taking care of that soon.(ihope!). I am on Facebook (tammie chappell oregon) and myspace (TLC Portland,or) if you all want to see photos since I am not sure how to add them on here. Feel free to message me there as well

It is my understanding as well that carbonated drinks and juices are not on the list of things we can have. Although my doctor said that apple juice would be okay during the first week postop, since it's not really about weight loss in the postop stage, but rather healing the body. The first week for me (my surgery was 2/25/09) is just whatever I can tolerate! I say use moderation and your own good judgement!

I was banded the 25th and am doing great! Was supposed to spend the night in the hospital but was doing so well they sent me home. My surgeon came by my house that evening and was shocked to hear I had been out to walk the dog. I am very sore ay the incision areas and my knees ache from having to squat instead of bend for things. I haven't had any gas pains thankfully! I was expecting this to be horrible and am pleasantly suprised that its not that bad! I haven't had diareha or a bm at all which kind of worries me but my follow up appt is tuesday so I ill bring that up with the dr. God bless us all!!! Hope everyone else gets to feeling better soon!!!

Good morning every one...still playing around with the loos bowel movements...becomming my friend...not.....

I just tried some v8 juice and it went right thru...

talked to a body builder friend of mine and we talked about the proteen dinks I am using....he said these drinks will make you dehydrate so keep drinking the Water or you will get lite headed etc. I guess this is why I was not feeling so good after drinking a proteen shake as it was dehydrating me and I was not drinking enough water.....I have lost now almost 21 lbs since last monday but I realize it is just water...but ya gotta start somewhere...At least I don't feel as bloated anymore.

As to the ginger ale...stay away from carbonated drinks totally.........since today is the 7th day I think I am going to start my walking program as I am starting to feel like I may have a little more energy now.

every one have a great sunday and I will check back in later.

Figured something out this weekend which is a good lesson for me...what you used to be able to eat or drink may not stay the same.

I ran out of broth this weekend and the minute I stop making broth my diareah cleared up...never had this type of problem before but now I realize it was the broth the was not agreeing with me and made me so uncomfortable all thos days last week when I dare not leave the house for fear of an accident...lol

So a big lesson was learned by me and today now 7 days in I am starting to feel good...

on a side note I am down a couple of more lbs this AM...ttl of 23 lbs dropped this last week....yooo hoooo

I was also banded on 2/26. I am still sleeping in the recliner, but have noticed the gas pain as not been as bad the past two days. The only pain I have know is in my chest area when I breath and near my larger incision at times it feels like it is tearing so I just keep preasure on it when I move. I have been walking twice a day around the block and am starving at times but have not had any problems drinking my shakes. I am just worry about the pain in my chest area and whether or not that is normal or if i should worry that it is something else that is wrong.

the pain will go away.......make sure you drink water....drinking the proteen shakes will dehydrate you if you don't keep at the water....keep us posted and how you are doing

I was banded on the 26th and am feeling 95% today. I have found vanilla low fat yogurt to be very soothing and it also makes me feel full. I went out to lunch today and had a cup of Tomato basil Soup which was divine after all the bland canned Soups I have been eating. Back to work tomorrow...should be good as I will have to focus on things other than food and surgery.

Thanks for info on shakes, do i have to sip Water also

Hi all! It's been a week postop for most of us on this posting, how is everyone? Myself, I am feeling WAY better. The pain is mostly gone, still sore around the port site and also having the gas pains that are in the shoulder and under my rib cage area, but it is getting better each day. I think the breathing deep and having pain is caused by the gas. I read above that people were having trouble with the Protein Drinks, my body doesn't like them much either! And they do dehydrate you, as stated before. When I went in for surgery my temperature was 99.5, not high, but not normal either and the nurse asked me had I been on a liquid diet. I said yes, for 2 weeks. She said that's what the deal is, your temperature is up because you are becoming dehydrated! Nice, huh? So, I am looking forward to moving on to real food. I have been slowly tasting and trying things. I had mashed pototes yesterday and did fine, just small amounts though. I am hoping to go to mushies. I have a check up today, so we will see. I am down 15 lbs. now! yeah! Good luck to everyone and keep up the smiles...it will all get better soon! : ))

I had my band revision surgery on the 27th and for the first two days i was feeling pretty good actually...and then yesterday I started to feel a whole lot of gas pain. I was walking around, using the heating pad, taking gas-x and drinking chamomile but nothing seemed to help....what do you know? I got my period this morning! I already feel slightly better...and I know that I just have to hang in there because within a few days we are all going to feel fine.

Hang in there everyone!!

Elisa

Hi,

everyone still no pain today,just real tired.

Bad gas pain and bloating last night. Drove for first time yesterday not much. Witch everyone good luck