Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

too tight or what?

Hi,

I got a fill from 5cc to 10cc on Monday. (14cc band) I am going back tomorrow to have some taken out. I am gettin stuck on yogurt. Water goes down but take awhile and the back of my throat kinda burns. Id rather have some taken out now and slowly refilled later then risk hurting myself or the band.

Wow, that seems kind of severe going from 5cc's to 10cc's in one fill. My Doc would never do that--he just snuck up on getting to my proper restriction maybe 1cc or 1 and a half cc's at a time. Good luck!!

I know, its weird over here, my doctor does not do the fills, i have had 3 different people for 3 different fills. This guy though was great got it first time. They are done over fluro each time and the guy thought everythign looked fine, i just think its to much gonna take a lil out, i don't think i should be uncomfortable?? i mean i feel slightly owie with everything i eat or drink, and i really really feel the band, which i think is a good thing just not quite so much.

I read all of your notes and questions and relate to them all. I am 14 months out and have had 9 fills. About 8 lbs from goal.On each of my fills, I was required to do 2 /day liquids and 2/days of mushie before going back to regular foods. Each time it takes my "new" restriction 6 days to set in. So I now have app.9cc in a 10cc band. For the last 2 weeks it is my sweet spot, Probably will be that way for a while. On the earlier fills you get, once the wt loss continues after a fill, the stomach wall (fat consistancy) will be less so you in turn lose your current restriction. That is why they want you to get the fills at regular intervals to keep wt loss steady. Even after this long, sometimes I still have some times the food seems to be "stuck". It lets me know that my band is working and REMINDING ME to pay attention. This meal is very important, I need to take it slowly. Chew and chew till liquid. I need to fill my pouch up, When I do It will last me 6 hours. This leaves me plenty of time to drink all those fluids. Good luck to you all. Hang in there. Maintenance is the ultimate goal.:)

I feel his misery...been there done that and it was awful. My Dr had gone out of town and I had to stay that way for 3 days! He will be fine once he gets an unfill! Immediate relief. Wish him well.

Hi Jim. Well.... not that this helps, but I am in the same exact boat that you are. I had my third fill on December 18th and before that I had no restriction. Now I am learning to live one day at a time. Just when I think I have it figured out, my band changes and everything is different. I too am wondering - is this normal?? what is normal?? I do have to take very tiny bites, chew lots, and wait a minute or two between bites. BUT.... some days, even doing that doesn't help. Yesterday I couldn't eat anything. Tried some salmon at lunch - about 2 tiny bites and I could tell that I better not take a third one. dinner was the same. Now day before yesterday, everything was fine - had a good day and 3 good meals. I can always keep liquids down, so when I have a meal, or a day, when my band is REALLY tight, I have shakes or Soup. If it was every day, I would know that I need an unfill... but it's not. I'm not losing super fast, or feeling bad...... so........ If this post sounds crazy confused, that's because it was written by a crazy confused woman. Good luck to you and if you contact your doctor, would you please let me know what he says. One more thing - I do love my band and I'm glad that I finally have restriction. Becky

You seem to experience exactly my problem. Please keep in touch. I really don't know what's going on yet with my band, but it is confusing me. Thanks for your input.

I read all of your notes and questions and relate to them all. I am 14 months out and have had 9 fills. About 8 lbs from goal.On each of my fills, I was required to do 2 /day liquids and 2/days of mushie before going back to regular foods. Each time it takes my "new" restriction 6 days to set in. So I now have app.9cc in a 10cc band. For the last 2 weeks it is my sweet spot, Probably will be that way for a while. On the earlier fills you get, once the wt loss continues after a fill, the stomach wall (fat consistancy) will be less so you in turn lose your current restriction. That is why they want you to get the fills at regular intervals to keep wt loss steady. Even after this long, sometimes I still have some times the food seems to be "stuck". It lets me know that my band is working and REMINDING ME to pay attention. This meal is very important, I need to take it slowly. Chew and chew till liquid. I need to fill my pouch up, When I do It will last me 6 hours. This leaves me plenty of time to drink all those fluids. Good luck to you all. Hang in there. Maintenance is the ultimate goal.:)

Thank you for your very pertainent input. I needed to read it twice to gather it all in.