Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Talk Movie Review

Brideshead revisited - 2.5

I hate what they did to the story - characters are one-dimensional; the deep passions and complexity of the book are gone. However compared to other movies ranked 1 or 2 it was better as long as I didn't try to relate the movie to the book, but it is not worth keeping or seeing again either.

The sound track is beautiful!

Boy A - 3.5

Not a family, feel good, light movie. Downright disturbing on some levels. But very well-done.

Almost hate to admit this...but this morning DD and I went to see Hannah Montana. For what I expected, it was a little better. But, still not great. I did enjoy the musical guests in the movie. Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift, plus I do think Miley Cyrus has a good voice, so the ballad that she sings was very good.

But, I'm a little brain dead from the little girls screaming in the audience. I should have remember the Hannah Montana concert we saw at the Houston Rodeo a couple years ago - but I guess I'd tuned that out. ;)

Oldie but saw it for the first time yesterday

Primal Fear - 5

GREAT MOVIE!

Imagine - I went 3 days and saw only 1 movie - unheard of!!! Anyway, last night watched an oldies (but new to me) One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. 4

I wonder how many people seeing that movie do not understand the last scene? DSD didn't, and it had to be explained.

Imagine - I went 3 days and saw only 1 movie - unheard of!!!

Haven't you seen them all? That's why there are no more left! :blink:

Over the weekend we saw Death Race. I really didn't want to see it, but DH won. But since I was expecting nothing, it was better than I thought. More of a plot than I would have imagined.

So, just that and Hannah Montana. The rest we were catching up on DVR tv shows. In Plain Sight is back on and we watched that last night, plus the recaps on Sat.

did not really watch many movies this wkend; catch up on tivo....but dh & i did watch heckler.

this is pretty funny - whether you like him or not jamie kennedy takes it upon himself to interview hecklers/critics who bash his movies/standup acts. many, MANY other comics are in this documentary & it's worth watching - you'll def laugh!

Haven't you seen them all? That's why there are no more left! :rolleyes:

Snort!!! Last night I counted the movies lined up ready to go sitting on my table - 60+. There are hundreds more that DH thinks I need to see....like Hydra's heads, the more I watch, the more there are to watch! And of course this summer will be the latest Harry Potter AND Star Trek - JACKPOT!

last night - what a waste of time...at least I could get some work done while these were on...

The Firm - 2

The long kiss goodbye - 1.5

I am excited about Harry Potter, though I must admit my fav character is Prof Snape. I feel sorry for him from the books and I hope the movie pulls that compassion in, but somehow I doubt it.

Still pysched about it, though!

And Star Trek...eh, DH is a HUGE original ST fan so I'm not sure we'll see this one. He seems a little put off about it, but the trailers look good! So, I may be able to drag him there.

2 movies this weekend,

1st. City of Ember Solid 4+

2nd Monsters VS Aliens 3,

(please note that clicking on the titles will take you to the IMDB page for the movie, If you don't want to visit the IMDB page please don't click the links)

Agree.....Monsters V. Aliens is a 3. The 3d effects, however, really surprised me. I was a little bitter that they didn't have cool stuff like this when I was a kid...

It was a double-feature night last night: the same movie, 2 versions.

The Women - the original 1939 version with Joan Crawford, Joan Fontaine, etc......fabulous! 4

The remake of last year.......why oh why??? Meg Ryan? Debra Messing? Bette Midler????? 1.5

Over the weekend DH wasn't feeling well, so I let him pick.

and we ended up watching a Saw marathon. Ick. I don't mind the actual plot of the movie - it's actually well written. It's just...well...ICK, EW, GROSS with a little OMG & WTF thrown in.

If anybody enjoys weird asian movies, I recently watched "Audition" (again). Very good, but one of the most disturbing movies I have ever seen.

In the same vein (weird asian movies), I also watched "Oldboy". Good movie....the netflix sleeve compared the director to Alfred Hitchcock, and I can see that.