Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

APRIL 2009 Bandsters Unite!

Hello everyone! This is for anyone getting banded this April.

I will be banded April 10th by Dr. Ortiz at the Obesity Control Center.

I was 239lb when I made the appointment last week and I am down a few lbs already in order to get ready for surgery. I need to lose 12lbs before I go in.

I've been kind of sick this week so I haven't been very hungery...that helps:wink:

This may sound crazy but I want to make sure I'm down below the required weight loss (5%) before surgery so I can spend the last week (before pre op diet) PIGGING OUT!!!

I know I know...it only puts me that much farther away from my goal, but seriously, from what I've read on here...you don't get to eat pizza and burgers the way you use to. It'll be a sweet GOODBYE party! :thumbup:

Welcome everyone!

Edited by DannyLu

Greetings! I'm hoping to be banded in March but I suspect I won't get in til April. Spring break is a better time for me. How quickly do you plan to go back to work?

Well I hope you can get in in March! That would be great.

I am a stay at home mom (two boys, 1.5years and 3.5 years). So I'll be "back to work" right away :thumbup:

I will be getting some extra help for the first week or two and I'll have to start planning how to lift properly and all that.

I've seen others post that they were back to work in a week (desk job) and back to there old selves by 3 weeks. It probably depends on the person I'm sure.

Where are you going?

Edited by DannyLu

This may sound crazy but I want to make sure I'm down below the required weight lose (5%) before surgery so I can spend the last week before pre op diet PIGGING OUT!!!

I know I know...it only puts me that much farther away from my goal, but seriously, from what I've read on here...you don't get to eat pizza and burgers the way you use to.

Since this post wasnt up where the posts usually are for a certain month's surgeries, Im hoping it is ok to jump in here?

As someone who has been there done that, dont use that as a excuse to PIG OUT. Some people have trouble with one food or another, mine is fruit, but I have never had trouble with bread. I kept thinking ok, after this fill it will happen but I can still eat bread.

I brought home one of those deluxe, everything loaded 18 inch pizzas from costco tonight and I ate two pieces. I did skip lunch so was starving. I dont know how many calories in 2 pieces, but hopefully not too much over my daily 1200ish that I try and stick to (plus my Cereal this morning).

No sense unless you just want to pig out and need a excuse to yourself to eat everything in sight before surgery. Remember you wouldnt have any restriction for months after your surgery. ... but you wouldnt be able to have pizza for a month after surgery, I did 3 weeks of mushys, but its not goodbye to most foods forever. You will probably be able to eat most anything, except maybe in the morning will be more tight. I just didnt want you to pig out and regain and think to yourself you were giving up pizza or any other food forever. I dont have it very often, but I eat subs from subway and other bread foods still too.

Since this post wasnt up where the posts usually are for a certain month's surgeries, Im hoping it is ok to jump in here?

As someone who has been there done that, dont use that as a excuse to PIG OUT. Some people have trouble with one food or another, mine is fruit, but I have never had trouble with bread. I kept thinking ok, after this fill it will happen but I can still eat bread.

I brought home one of those deluxe, everything loaded 18 inch pizzas from costco tonight and I ate two pieces. I did skip lunch so was starving. I dont know how many calories in 2 pieces, but hopefully not too much over my daily 1200ish that I try and stick to (plus my Cereal this morning).

No sense unless you just want to pig out and need a excuse to yourself to eat everything in sight before surgery. Remember you wouldnt have any restriction for months after your surgery. ... but you wouldnt be able to have pizza for a month after surgery, I did 3 weeks of mushys, but its not goodbye to most foods forever. You will probably be able to eat most anything, except maybe in the morning will be more tight. I just didnt want you to pig out and regain and think to yourself you were giving up pizza or any other food forever. I dont have it very often, but I eat subs from subway and other bread foods still too.

I really just meant it would be a one time thing. I know I will still be able to eat those things a bit after, but I truely love a huge feast (kinda the reason I'm in this boat :rose:).

Good advice on the pigging out. I'm trying to remember that I WILL still be eating, just not as much. I've just gotten my date, March 13th. Pretty excited:smile:

2 pieces of a 18 inch pizza to me is pigging out. I was back up to 169 this morning and blaming eating both pieces of pizza. My mom tried to tell me I should have just had one.

Maybe its my band, but I got more help the one week I got phen fen drugs from a doctor (taken off the market the week after I started). They helped more with my appetite than my band does.

My band does help a little with late night snacking, but I can still eat a good sized meal on cruises .... unfortunately. Gained 5 lbs on a 5 day cruise I got back from last month.

My experience says you are still going to face temptations. The band for some stops them, but my fill doctor wouldnt fill it overtight so I cant eat and drink, so it also depends on your fill doctor.

The more times you say to yourself "just this once" the slower the loss will be, but at least Im still heading down overall. .... feeling guilty as heck about that last piece of pizza. You hit a nerve with your post, a guilty nerve. I have too many of those indulgent "just this onces". Then I beat myself up.