Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Overnight Hospital Stay...

Can anyone tell me if my significant other will be allowed to spend the night at the hospital with me? I don't know if the hospitals are usually strict about visiting hours. I am going to be having the surgery with Obesity Goodbye. Even if you had your surgery elsewhere, let me know how it was for you, to give me some idea of how the hospitals work down there. :)

Thanks a Bunch!

I can only speak for myself but I had my surgery in a small surgicenter and they would have welcomed my mom staying with me! I just didn't want that. I wanted mom back in her nice hotel room, come see me in the morning after her coffee, and after I shower and appeared more human. God bless my mom but she would have wanted all the attention. I sort of looked at my one night stay as a vacation.

When I originally planned on having it done at the (oh man I forgot the name...fancy all natural spa like place) they had mother in a bed right next to me.

Please dont make the same mistake I made and pack light! Less that 15 hours after my surgery, I was lugging an enormous amount of crap over the border and then walking the 15 mins to our parking spot. I was supposed to stay 2 nights but wanted to be back on US soil so bad I escaped!

Good luck to you!

Sanoviv is the name you were looking for.

I would suggest calling the center and getting the answer straight from the source. I would hate to give you one answer only to have you discover that I was completely wrong either way.

Congrats on your upcoming band!

Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey Mexico has a nice couch in your room for a guest. He thinks its best that you bring someone with you.

Thank you, I was hoping there would be a couch, just in case.

It seems there maybe a change in plans. We are looking into doing the family thing in Cancun instead. The only Dr I see that does lapband in Cancun is Dr. Ortiz. So I might go with him. I know I will be in safe hands, I have heard so many wonderful things about him. But are there any other Drs. in Cancun that do this surgery?

Just curious.

From all I have seen and heard Dr. Ortiz has a beautiful facility in Cancun. I had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz in TJ and was very pleased. I was able to have my husband stay in the same room with me the enitre time other then when I was in for surgery. Even at his new facility in TJ my husband was able to stay overnight with me in my room.