Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

setting up a clothing exchange....

I can't make it to the band bash, and I am already fitting into smaller sizes. Has anyone set up a clothing exchange? If so, how did you do it? Where did you do it? I have some 24's down to some 20's to give away. I fit into an 18 today!!!!!!!!!!! WoooooooHoooooooo!! I have lost some serious weight off of my tummy and hips, I went to a cool resale shop and bought some light weight capris and a pair of shorts. I also bought some 16's that were just too good of a deal to pass up, they are long pants and overalls, for fall/winter. I have a closet full of stuff and 2 huge rubbermaid totes full of clothes to go through and see what fits and what needs to go. So, am I better off listing on ebay or trying to set up a clothing exchange? ~Mandy

I would like to also...

I have some 26/28 and 3x clothes that don't fit now. I am in your 22/24's now...I am not sure how to get it going or if there should be a few set up through out. I would happy to send mine somewhere if it's someplace I can't make it to.

I have a bunch of size 28/30s that I am giving away too. There is a woman in my church who I'm passing everything along to.

I do have some really nice clothes that I know wouldn't fit her though, and am wondering if I should put those Ebay, or just pass them along to someone on here?

I'm currently in 26/28s, and the ones I'd be giving away are more 28/30W.

I am sure you can jsut find someone here to send them to, I have done that. Zoe has too :)

I have given clothes to people on here as well. If you can't find anyone then it just depends if you wanna get a little money for the clothes or if you just wanna give them away.

If you wanna try to sell them then find a consignment store in your area.

If you wanna just give them away then find a church that has a clothes closet or a women's shelter or something of that nature. Goodwill will always take clothes and you can get a tax deduction from it as well.

Mandy, I've got lots of experience with consignment shops since I used to sell my clothes all the time, but the only Plus Size Consignment Shop in Vegas had to close down because it wasn't doing well. Other "normal size" stores took some plus size things hoping they would do well, but nothing ever sold.

If you want to send some boxes to me, I'll be happy to add them to the Vegas Bash Exchange, but sometimes it's best to just let go of the stuff and give them to charity. The local shelter told me the safe shelters for abused woman get a lot of plus size women in there, but they never have plus size clothes so they have to live in the same clothes till they find some.

I second the vote for women's shelters -- they are always short on plus sized clothes, at least in our area. Of course, my latest donations have been in sizes 18-24 that were too small for me rather than too big! I got sick of them sitting in the closet reminding me how fat I've gotten. lol

Even though I've since made the decision to be banded and those sizes will be in my reach again, I'm still not the slightest bit sorry I gave them away. Part of the losing weight fun is buying new clothes as you drop sizes, no? :)