Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone banded Feb 3, 2009

Hey fellow newbies! I was banded February 2nd in Gainesville,Florida. I can relate to every issue! I am very sore over my stomach area ( I guess where my band is ) I was sore over my port site but it is getting better:thumbup:I experienced a lot of nausea with the narcotic and stopped taking it on Friday. I am still taking the adult strenght rapid burst Tylenol.It helps me move around during the day. Alot of belching. Is this normal? I am having trouble getting in my Protein. It taste so gross. Any suggestions? Anyone drinking the Adkins shakes or some other Protein Drinks? I am having trouble finding the optisource protien liquids. Everyone is out of stock. Good luck we ARE going to get past this!!!

Hey fellow newbies! I was banded February 2nd in Gainesville,Florida. I can relate to every issue! I am very sore over my stomach area ( I guess where my band is ) I was sore over my port site but it is getting better:thumbup:I experienced a lot of nausea with the narcotic and stopped taking it on Friday. I am still taking the adult strenght rapid burst Tylenol.It helps me move around during the day. Alot of belching. Is this normal? I am having trouble getting in my Protein. It taste so gross. Any suggestions? Anyone drinking the Adkins shakes or some other Protein drinks? I am having trouble finding the optisource protien liquids. Everyone is out of stock. Good luck we ARE going to get past this!!!

I bought a giant bag of EAS light at costco (I believe that's what Abby was referencing). The flavor is actually really good! I got the powder because I didn't want to pay the exorbitant price for RTDs, but the RTDs are good too.

Sorry Juicy; I forgot to mention the brand for the shakes at Costco; it's 'Premier'. In a red case, they are already prepared, not a powder mix.

Today is my first day on 'puree' was Clear liquids until now. Today so far I had:

2 cups Decaf black tea with skim plus

1 sf/ff Jello

1 Premier proetin shake

working through a 240z bottle of flavored Water

Where the heck did my appetite go????

:-):)

I live about 1 hour from Malley's office. I will see him for the first post-op visit on the 13th. I have been really tired. I thought I would go back to work Tues but I think I may take one more day. I feel like I have had the flu. It seems like it is taking me forever to get my energy back.

I have found that I like the soy Proteins better than any of the others. Even the unflavored Unjuny brand has a funny smell to it. I don't think the soy smells bad and I think that makes them easier to drink.

Tijuana mama 2008" data-cite="tijuana mama 2008" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="80806" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic">
Hey!

I was banded on 1/30/09. Just 1 week ago! I have lost 13 lbs this week. How about you? I just registered on this site, how do I get the weight loss ticker on my profile?

Go to somebody's entry that has the ticker and click on it. It will take you to a site where you can make your own. After that you have to copy and paste the link back into your profile signature area. I had to have my 14 year old daughter help me with this. If you have any trouble I will get her to help us.:)

I hope that helps! Congratulations on the weight lost. I have been stuck at my pre-surgery weight lost. I guess I am not consuming enough and my body may be in starvation mode.:thumbup:

I have posted this several other places, but is anyone having dry mouth with a nasty taste?

Yesssss!!!!

I chalk it up to ketosis, and the faux sugar found in the carnation instant Breakfast, SF Jello, etc. I never did enjoy that sort of sweetener, so that part of this process is brutal for me.

I have started brushing my tongue (along with my teeth, of course) just in case that helps!

As far as Protein shakes, I am also too cheap to buy the pre-made drinks, and prefer to mix my own. I am finding the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury powder really helpful when mixed with broth, the carnation shake, etc. A scoop of the vanilla flavor mixed in a big mug of Decaf chai tea and a splash of milk doesn't taste half bad! I have also been adding benefiber to the mix, just for good measure.

Good luck to all with recovery! I'm amazed at how much better I am feeling, when compared with a few days ago.

It really does get better!! :)

I see him on the 13th at 10 a.m.

I went back to work today, but I sit at a desk all day. It hasn't been that bad, but this chair is horrible. I get up and walk around about every hour....I thought I would just tough it out half a day, but I only have 30 more minutes to go for a full day.

I live about 1 hour from Malley's office. I will see him for the first post-op visit on the 13th. I have been really tired. I thought I would go back to work Tues but I think I may take one more day. I feel like I have had the flu. It seems like it is taking me forever to get my energy back.

I was banded on 3rd February also in Brisbane,Australia.

Bad wind pains for first 2 days. One of my minir incision sites began to bleed yesterday so visited Dr. to discover a blood cloth near the surface. Nurse popped it and it is still oozing and sore at the site. All should be OK though.

Port site is going really well and that is the one they worry about.

liquid Diet going OK. Varying the flavours helps.

Haven't got bad taste in mouth but have been thirsty and have upped the amount of water/diet cordial.

Joy

Today was my first day back at work and it was awful :lol: The day didn't get off to a good start when I woke up around 4AM to find I had somehow rolled into my stomach. I woke up from the absolute burning pain I felt around my port incision. So yeah, bad start.

It only took me 20 minutes to drive to work today but even in that time my port incision started to hurt again. I get into the office and sitting in the chair there also bothered me all over. My body was just so tired and weak and didn't want to sit in the chair. Also, I went from drinking a certain amount of Protein to just being ravenously hungry. I ended up leaving work early to go home, have some SF Jello, and rest.

My boss doesn't know I got the LB but has been really supportive of me taking time to recover from surgery. Now I'm going to work from home for the rest of this week too and see how I feel early next week.

Hello, I was also banded on Feb 3rd in Round Rock, TX. The first one of the day. I also am sick of Liquids and I sure don't get my Protein in. I don't even remember getting a set amount of protein i need to drink post surgery. I do drink Ensure and Boost. I like them pretty well. Most of my pains are gone, only a little at the port area, mostly when I bend at the waist. Sneezing and coughing really hurts. I haven't used the pain killers, didn't really work anyway. My follow up appointment is Feb. 18.