Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone banded Feb 3, 2009

omg... when you dream of smushed up cheese... there is a problem xD

Edited by MoonBunny30
because my keyboard hates me lol

I was banded on 2-4 and have a horrible headache do you think it's ok to crush up some tylenol and take it? I have alot of gas between my shoulders and it hurts like an sob. But I am so glad I did this, and keep thinking tomarrow will be better. I also have nausea but my dr. gave me some dissolveable(sp) pills that helped a little bit. The journey is really beginning now, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!:thumbup:

Hello,

I was banded by Dr Malley on Feb 3. It was really nice finding others who were banded that day. I have felt very weak and have had a lot of gas. I am still taking my liquid pain reliever and a lot of Mallox liquid. I have a lot of discomfort between my breast. The nurse at Dr Malley's office tells me that is my band and that I am probably just have swelling from the surgery. I have not been really hungry, but my stomach growels all the time. Today I thinned down some potato Soup in the blender and had that. It tasted really good to have something that wasn't completely runny. Before surgery I lost 16lbs on the pre-op diet. Since that time I have not lost any. I believe my body is in starvation mode. I would really like to hear more from the others that had surgery the same day. :thumbup:

I have been taking pills since the day of surgery. My doctor told me to use the plain M&M rule. If the pill is smaller than an M&M it should not be a problem. Did your doctor give you any liquid pain reliever? That my help with the headache.

Hey all, just checking in again. I think my swelling has gone down because I've been able to drink a lot more of my Protein drinks from my last post :thumbup: Down to just taking the Lortab at night although I had to take some earlier today because of some pain around my port incision.

I am looking forward to going to work on Monday, but at the same time, I have kind of liked having this really restful week (well, at least as restful as having surgery and recovering can be) :thumbup:

can you tell me how to add my weight ticker?

this is a test to see if my ticker goes on

Hi Feb 3rd Banders, I was banded in Brooklyn , NY by Dr. Ferzli. I stayed 2 nights in hospital as my banding was bit more difficult due to extra fatty liver. The nutritionist in his office said it wasnt necessary to do the 2 week pre op shakes and to just eat low fat diet, which is what I did. Feeling better each day; first day out of post op was brutal with the gas pains in my chest. No pain though; just sore. Unlike most of you I am on Clear Liquids until tomorrow then I can start Protein Shakes, which right about now sounds as good as a slice of pizza! I still can't believe I am on the 'other side' and in 'banders hell', I was so scared to go through with it being my first surgery experience. Good luck to us all!

We were at New Hope on the same day, probably at the same time!

If you have a Walgreen's nearby, the Gas-X strips help and they have an adult liquid Tylenol Rapid Release Syrup that has been a life saver.

I am also not very hungry but my stomach rumbles all day long, driving me crazy!

How far are you from Dr. Malley's office?

Hello,

I was banded by Dr Malley on Feb 3. It was really nice finding others who were banded that day. I have felt very weak and have had a lot of gas. I am still taking my liquid pain reliever and a lot of Mallox liquid. I have a lot of discomfort between my breast. The nurse at Dr Malley's office tells me that is my band and that I am probably just have swelling from the surgery. I have not been really hungry, but my stomach growels all the time. Today I thinned down some potato Soup in the blender and had that. It tasted really good to have something that wasn't completely runny. Before surgery I lost 16lbs on the pre-op diet. Since that time I have not lost any. I believe my body is in starvation mode. I would really like to hear more from the others that had surgery the same day. :thumbup:

I decided to only weigh myself once a week so I haven't weighed in yet. I will check it out on Tuesday, the 10th. I drove to church this morning and felt pretty good getting out and about. I am doing wash now and will probably sit down and read the Sunday paper. I hope to go back to work tomorrow - it is an office job, but pretty stressful. I will see if I make it the whole day.

I like the idea of putting Peanut Butter and banana in your shakes, since it is hard to get enough Protein at this point.

I have been using a heating pad on my shoulder - it is on my left shoulder right near my neck. My sister said it is probably a muscle ache. Who knows what position I ended up in after I went under in the operating room? I figured my head was probably hanging off the side of the operating table. Just kidding.....

Had carnation instant Breakfast this morning and now am drinking some dilluted apple juice. Lots of ice - tastes good. I will stay on the full liquids until I go back to the doctor on the 18th, unless I really feel ready to move on. I will probably call the dietician before I go to puree.

Friends from work brought me a basket with different things in it. Baby spoons, Crytal Light, Word Search book to do while I am eating, and my favorite a Size 4 thong. That certainly brightened up my day with a good laugh.

Hang in there.....:thumbup:

Happy Birthday cmaneice.. ~!~!~!

Lets all hold our little cups up in celebration ~!

This will be an awesome year for sure~!

Moon & Chicky, Im right along with you on the Clear Liquids.

Friday night I did hit the town.. lol.. to the local smoothie shop and found a vanilla/banana protien shake.. and it lasted two days.. :-o

Very yummie..

Today I tried some carnation Breakfast and it seems that maybe i cant tolerate the milk yet. I had also tried a low/carb/high protien slim fast that didnt jive either..

I tried a 'Naked' brand protien drink.. apple/banana/pineapple/coconut/protien and soy were the ingredients.. Not very tasty.. but didnt kill me..

Went to work and found that I had overdone it a bit... have to go slow.. Plus I used the stairs atleast 18 times w/in a 16 hr time frame.

Sipping chicken broth now.. and this AM weighed 3.5lbs less from surgery day.

We can do this.. and hoping to my husband in soon to join the fun.. :-D