Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Throwing up from virus

I'm about 9 weeks out from surgery. My husband and both of my kids and I all have this 24 hr bug. Last night I threw up, or I heaved for a couple of minutes and then I felt better. I didn't throw up any food because I hadn't eaten. My son was sick first, he threw up once and then he got better.

I had an appt for a fill today, and I called to reschedule because I didn't think it was a good idea to do it after getting sick. I should also mention that I have no restriction right now, I had a fill about a month ago, but I have no restriction.

The nurse wanted me to come in and have the band emptied. And no amount of telling her that mine wasn't filled was getting through to her. I told her that my entire household had diarrhea and a sick, horrible headache and I live over an hour away. She then said to me "so you're just going to ignore doctors orders?" I explained to her again my situation, how I felt better now and it was simply a little bit of dry heaving last night. Yeah I felt horrible but it's going away. She got pretty snotty with me and I wasn't sure how to explain my situation any clearer. If my band was full, if I was still throwing up, or even if I was still nauseous I would probably have gone ahead and taken my kids up there, even though the idea of leaving a bathroom right now is taking a chance on disaster with a 4 and 5 yr old with diarrhea.

Has anyone had a virus since they got the band?

My doc's office gave me a prescription for phenergan to have on hand.

Honestly? I think that person needs an attitude adjustment. They could've called you in an antinausea med and asked you to come in, say, Thursday to check your band.

Are you sure it was the nurse? If so I would complain. Actually I would complain regardless. If you are sick, you can't drive. And rather than an UNFILL, a medication to keep you from vomiting would make more sense. I'm not a doctor, but still...

Even if you have medication if you have a virus it won't stop the throwing up. I had the same thing happen to me. All I did was eat liquids for a week afterwards and let everything rest. When I felt better I went for a fill. I have a fluro done everytime I have a fill and everything was still in place and it all looked good. So don't worry to much it should be okay. But just take it easy on what you eat.

The middle of January I had a bad stomach bug, nausea and the poops. For a day and a half my body was heaving, but nothing would come up through the band. I could feel the pressure like it was there and trying to, but nothing would come through, and I was heaving about every 2 hours.

I finally called the Dr's office and they had me come in. I was at 6.75cc and they took out 1 cc and brought me down to 5.75cc. Anyway, buy that time I wasn't heaving anymore.

Needless to say, my ribs hurt like all get out from my body trying to throw up.

I went back and got .50 cc put back in about a week and a half ago, but I don't really have a restriction and it's been difficult, so I've back-slid a little.

Anyway, that's what happened to me. It was a little concerning for me when nothing would coming up, but I knew it was there.

But for YOU! ..... I recommend that you talk to your Dr. next time you seem him about the attitude of the nurse. That's inexcuseable for her to be like that unless you were in serious jeopordy and she was concerned for your wellbeing. (And no ..... I can't see taking two kids with "the poops" to a Dr.s visit with you. That sure wouldn't be fun for those kids ... as well as you!)

Glad you're feeling better!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches