Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Year Post Op and ONLY 27 lbs down!!!!!

Thanks for responding. I have 5 1/2 cc's in my 10 cc band. I do log my food each day on daily plate. There are most days that I DO NOT meet the 1000 calories and I am adding in the Protein shakes to help with that. Now I get over 40 grams fo Protein per day. I do exercise but I know not like I should be. I work 2 full time jobs and I have been tired so much here lately and I keep getting the "bugs" that everyone is getting. And that is not excuse. I have stated getting up earlier so that I can get my cardio in before I start my day. I seem to have issue with solid foods "hurting" and if I chew my bites any more they will be pure liquids and I know that band works with solids. Example of my menu for a day:

Morning coffee w/ equal and powder Creamer.< /p>

1/2 protein shake (25 grams of protein)

cottage cheese or hard boilded egg

on lettuce

1/2 of Protein Shake

and for dinner it is lean protein w/ veggies

Some times I eat peanut butter(protein) with celery.

*** coffee (1) cup per day, protein shake and then after that it is Water for the rest of the day******

I have started trying differnt teas with no sweetners at all. but again no calories in them.

I can fit into some clothes that I could not wear before my band. and people tell me that they can see the weight loss.

From what I am being told, I am doing what I should be doing. (Adding more exercise in as well)

Any suggestions?

I would love to see your pics!

compared to what I eat and what I have seen that others eat, I would definitely say you are not eating enough. If you are so tight that you cannot eat solid protein without it hurting, perhaps you should ask the Dr to do a slight unfill. It has been a world of difference for many people and it may be what you need to get your weight loss going! I sympathize with you working two jobs. It must be difficult to even find the time to eat your meals properly and to take the time it requires. Hang in there!!

I have taken in all that eveyone has said and I am reviewing changes that I need to make. YES, Brad More exercise. And I did not even notice that most if my meals are "soft" foods. So I am making changes in that area as well. I will log everything and review it w/ my doctor on my next visit.

THANKS!

I have the same problem. I think that I am not eatting enough. I do exercise, but I have a lot of sliming and tight band is my main problem. I think that I will try some of the advice that you got and see if I can jump start my weight drop again. I am at 23 solid pounds down and I have 3 that jump every other day.

I guess I could say I took Brad's advice or it was most likely the fact that I showed up for Yoga and it was cancelled so the cute young guy at the gym said ...since yer here try one of the machines. I did; I went back, I used to use them religously then just stopped for some reason, on the Precor step machine for 38 minutes and WOW am I feeling it today! Those machines really firm up the gluts and thighs. I'm gaining weight after one fill but at least this is a NSV and I will go again today! Sometimes it really isn't about the weight ....it's the head and I need to get back into the healthy mind set. I need to get more light too since the winter here has been brutal. Here's to effort and not giving up......best to all!

I had my band 10 months ago (April 08) and have only lost 15lbs so far- ALL 15 have been since the 5th Jan 09 !! I had my 4th fill and am not at 7ml in a 10ml band. It was really tight for a week and then slackened off slightly so I could eat and drink without burping anything up. Don't get down, try all the advice that's been posted and you will succeed.

:-)

Gill x

Good morning all!

I now know that I am not the only one having this issue. I have expressed my feelings to my husband, friends and co-workers and they are a great support team! And I think you are right Sooverit, I need to get back in that mind set and just keep moving forward.

Best of Luck to all of us!

I will let you all know how things are going. And maybe some things that I change will help one of you.

Gill27UK,

I thought for sure that I was doing something to make the band fail. But I know that I am and have been doing the right things (with a couple slips here and there)

Can you share your daily meals with me and maybe we can help each other out?

Thanks!

I will go again today! Sometimes it really isn't about the weight .... Here's to effort and not giving up......best to all!

Hell's Yes!!