Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I miss food--but not because I am hunrgy!

Let's see...I was banded on Jan. 27th...so I am 5 days out. I am not hungry at all...but from reading other threads...it might be coming!

I miss food though. It might sound weird, but my boyfriend thinks he is in seventh heaven bc I have been cooking for him like crazy! I wake up and cook him Breakfast. I Breakfast I would love. I cook him dinner, with all the fixins. It doesnt make me hungry though. It's almost like some preverse sense of being connected with the food. I cant eat it but I can create it! haha...whatever...it helps.

I am supposed to be on my clear liquid diet but all I can seem to manage is 2 Protein shakes a day and some Water. So, I am getting my liquids, but I dont feel like i am eating enough. I know its important to get my calories and nutrition. I guess that will come in the following stages though.

Going to Walmart is like torture though. SO many possibilities. Strange limbo we are in during this early post-op phase.

I went for a mile walk today. If you know me, the only thing that is worse to me than salad is walking...but it wasn't that bad!

One more day at home and then I go back to work. Boo.

There is a difference between physical and mental hunger. The band is a tool, so use it wisely.

I know. Im thankful that I dont have either right now.

Congrats on your band. I actually LOL'd when I read your post. Very funny stuff.

On Day 5 I remember my stomach making a lot of noise, but not really connecting that with hunger. By day 7 I was starting to feel hunger again. Still even at day 12 my hunger is less severe than it was pre op, but I know my body is still healing inside. All my cuts are healed up, or at worst look like I maybe had a pimple there or something. (Except for where the port is, that is still a scar) It gets better quick.

Good job on the walking. I heard that walking helps the internal healing process. Blood keeps flowing, ect...

Best of luck to you.

I miss food though. It might sound weird, but my boyfriend thinks he is in seventh heaven bc I have been cooking for him like crazy! I wake up and cook him breakfast. I breakfast I would love. I cook him dinner, with all the fixins. It doesnt make me hungry though. It's almost like some preverse sense of being connected with the food. I cant eat it but I can create it! haha...whatever...it helps.

This is soooo funny!! I did the same thing!!!! I never cooked much but after I was banded and before I could eat, I was cooking everything!! I would watch the food network while I was on my elliptical and then make what I saw for my family. Or make the recipes on the cream Soup cans that I was eating. My husband couldn't understand it, he kept saying "why are you torturing yourself" but what was so funny is I wasn't. I couldn't explain it. It's like it allowed me to still have a relationship with food in a really warped sort of way, LOL:out:

I went thru that too.........people would come over and I would love to feed them!! It's like it brings some satisfaction to see other people eat even though you cant.I dont know it is a weird thing to explain.

I think it's just weird for food not to be controlling your life anymore!!:thumbup: It's also a huge burden lifted off too.I use to wake up in the middle of the night to eat and now I'm like "gee I'm hungry what should I eat?"It still amazes me when I can stop myself or not even finish something!! I'm loving my band!!:thumbup: