Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much are you eating

Was wondering how much the guys are eating, i.e. calories. I'm week 3 post-op and the weight loss has stalled on Mushies. I'm taking in about 1200 calories per day and trying to walk regularly. I'm not gaining but just hovering at the same point. Was curious about the experiences of the other guys out there.

Hi Big08

All the reports I have read here on the Forum tell us the first 5 weeks are for healing the new little pouch formed by the Band and not to loose weight, you could even gain weight.

All Doctors do not approach weight lose the same and recommend different things for us to eat, some don't even give much advice at all.

Nuts and Bolts of what my Doctor and his group told me to eat.

1 to 2 oz of Protein per meal 3 meals per day and no Snacks between meals. and to supplement my protein intake with whey Protein Drink to bring my total to 60 - 70 grams of protein per day. (Note the Protein Drinks are taken between meals.)

At about 4/5 weeks I was just starving and called the group I now do 3 oz of protein, and sometimes about 2 oz of vegetables, and a couple of bits of fruit.< /p>

They want me to take daily Vitamins, Multivitamins Complex B and Calcium.< /p>

They want me to drink 48 to 62 oz of Fluid per day.

Exercise at least 30 minutes per day I walk.

I log every thing I eat to record my 60 - 70 grams of protein. I do record my Calories but not required by Doctor I am at 11 Weeks post op now and eat 400 to 600 Calories per day sometimes I see it go up to 800.

I do sill need at times to drink Low Sodium V8 to curb the hungers between meals.

Good Luck

I had surgery on Feb 13th. Was on total liquid the fist two weeks but now I'm on mushies. I lost 19 lbs after the first two weeks and now my weight is just stalled. I don't get my first fill for another two weeks. I am getting in about 600-800 calories per day so the stall confuses me. I would think my weight would be going down a little even without the fill. How come it's not? The doc told me I had about 3 cc's in my band that he put in during surgery. I had so much shoulder pain a week after, they took that out. Now they tell me that at my first fill they'll probably only put that much back in. I don't really have any restriction to speak of so I'm being very careful not to eat too much (quantity or calories). Any advice?

Hi Ashes330,

The first part of your update is very similar to mine. I was banned on 18th Feb. Including my five day pre-op liquid diet I lost 20 pounds, after which my weight reduction stopped. After talking to my surgen I learnt I was consuming too few calories and my body went into starvation mode to prevent me from losing further weight. As I moved to puree food and increased my calorie intake (along with walking) I lost another pound. I now consume between 700 to 850 calories per day.

Wishing you all the best!

Now about 6 months post op, I eat six times per day, 4-5 ounces of food each time. Total calories per day are 1200-1400 and 70-80 grams of Protein.

I've had trouble with vegetables making me feel very bloated and gassy. I've been doing V8 a lot because it doesn't seem to have that effect and still gives me my veggies. Anybody else had this trouble? Advice?

Thanks,

Bryan