Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

plain in America we try not to allow children to starve, suffer from malnutrition and go uneducated. Yeah, it costs us. Have you seen "Slumdog Millionaire"?

OneHotMama, yeah she not only wants to look like Angelina Jolie, she wants to "act" like her too!

I heard Dr. Phil tell her something like student loans aren't designed for people to use as a primary source of income. She seemed to think it was okay as long as she was aware that she had to pay it back.

Okay, just finished watching part two of Dr. Phil and he has set up his foundation to accept donations on behalf of octo-mom. Funnt thing is he stated that he and Robyn are really worried about the kids, yet he did not state how much he and Robyn donated to her.

At least the funds will be collected by Dr. Phil and he will make sure that the babies have food and diapers. At least I hope his foundations CPA will over see the funds collected.

I had not heard about her kids going to private school. When was that mentioned???

I had not heard about her kids going to private school. When was that mentioned???

It was never mentioned, I recognized their uniform shirts on the Dr. Phil clips.

It was never mentioned, I recognized their uniform shirts on the Dr. Phil clips.

Oh, wow...

Yeah, I think it's best that nobody mention THAT little tidbit. I'd fear that people would take a hit out on this bitch.

Private school?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm with the rest of ya - who is paying for that? If Octo-mom isn't paying their tuition, it means that the rest of the parents at the school are.

I was blessed to attend private school - the combination of a scholarship from an unknown benefactor, plus a lot of scrimping and saving on my parents' part enabled me to go from 3rd through 8th grade there. It was a terrific experience...but for dang sure, my parents did not expect anyone else to pay for it! They did without a LOT of things to make sure I could go - and after my dad passed away, part of the survivor's benefits I and my siblings got went toward tuition.

I saw years later that the state social services office was offering tuition to that same school for the children of welfare recipients - no cost to them, and no obligation to pay anything into it or pay anything back. I think that's wrong - even if you can only pay a little, you should be expected to pay SOMETHING.

I pray they set up a irrevocable trust for the babies (actually, all of her children) so that she can NEVER get her hands on ANY money given to the kids. NEVER!

The trust should be set up so that it must be reported on publicly every single year to avoid any problems getting buried and not showing up for years. Accountants or accounting firms should be rotated periodically so no one gets too "used" to having access to that money, and under NO circumstances should Octomom be able to touch it!

Personally, I believe a conservatorship should be established through the court for the children. In this way, it becomes public record as to how the money is spent.

And the judge can require the conservator to report to the court hearing monthly, quarterly or yearly. I think monthly inititally followed by quarterly, but never yearly. This will cost more, but it is well worth it.

Too many things can disappear in a year.

I believe a conservatorship was set up for Anna-Nicole Smith's daughter.

Okay, just heard on the 11PM news (ABC affiliate) that octo-dummy turned down the free house and 24hr care for her infants (from that Angel place) b/c it wouldn't allow a reality show on the babies or press conferences and releases! WTF??????!!!!!!! HELLOOOOOO!!!!!! FREE!!!! 24HR CARE!!!!!!! A HOUSE TO LIVE IN!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!

As far as releasing the babies, I'm surprised that they're doing well enough at this point to even BE released. I thought it would be another while yet.

I actually feel bad for Kaiser. They kinda got stuck in the middle of this. They took her on from an outside provider and now they're embroiled in this mess. And I'm sure will end up footing part or all of the bill which will then be passed on to us members. So I can look forward to paying for this mess several different ways. Yea me!

Well most of us figured that she thought this would be her way to fame. Add another check in the selfish column......

I think like Kaiser, a lot of people, and businesses along the way will feel taken advantage of simply because all of us know these babies and children are innocent bystanders in this fiasco. We feel taken advantage of because in order to help the kids, we end up helping her, and that goes against the grain!

I hope that things are taken slowly enough to be careful that the kids---all 14, get the help and are able to be raised in a manner that kids deserve. I know kids do not need all the latest clothes and electronic gadgets to be raised properly....but they do deserve to live in a home that they can be regularly bathed, fed and sleep in. Which are all going to be very difficult for any ONE person to do. And while she can and would have to have help, a different person holding, rocking and feeding each of those infants each different day----would not allow them to bond with anyone....seems to me a circle is forming, she is raising kids even if there ARE 14 of them with no parent bond. I thought that was what she was trying to escape.

I do not in any way support how she went about trying to make herself feel better about her life. I also am quite sure there are some deep mental issues working here.

Maybe the irresponsible Dr. who allowed this to happen should pay for all her mental health care.

Anyone heard anything new on the father to the babies---or is it to all the kids?

Well, it indicates that she is crackers and is not thinking of her kids. I feel sorry for her mum.

Congratulations, Kat, on your daughter's recovery.

Thanks so much green-------you know we have 3 kids, and it is always something, usually not anything as serious as this was, but they are always on my mind. I cannot for the life of me imagine 14---and loving them and being able to care for them in the way I do the ones I had. I being the key word. Not a caretaker, or an older sibling, but ME and my husband..........boggles my mind!

I find it just amazing how you all can go on and on (49 Pages, even) dissing this woman at every turn. None of you know all the facts in her life. You are all insinuating this and that. Name calling and dragging her through the mud, passing your judgements on her, condemning her as mentally incapable. You only know what you have seen on TV and TV doesn't always show the good side of people for the good side of her wouldn't bring any favor to those who watch it. Newspapers and magazines print what the public wants to read. And the public thrives on her mistakes and desires to belittle people. Noone knows for sure what her plans were or what they are now. She may prove to be an excellent mother to her 14 children. People are almost hoping she will fail. Why? What's done is done. Get over it. Why not let her take care of her business now? Personally, I pray she will be happy and have a nice life with all her children. I hope they will be a blessing to her and I hope she shows you all up.

I have watched very little of her on tv. I thought she was nuts the first time I heard about it and that was before I even knew who she was. No one in their right mind would do what she has done. Even her own parents say she needs help. I think they know her better than anyone.

Oh get over yourself Patty!!! The only difference is we bitch about her, and you bitch about us.....same judgement.

We are not simply judging what an article says about her, but also what she says herself....which most of the time is utter nonsense. What her parents say about her---they are tired and worried.

IF going away from the public light, and dealing with her children in a safe and healthy manner, on her own with no financial help from the gov't. was possible, I wish she would do it too. As has been pointed out, to do so, on her own with no help is not a possiblity.

If it bothers you to see us tearing her apart, and dissecting her life, unsubscribe from the thread. It is something we have discussed and many other subjects have come up within the discussion.

I for one have no intention of stopping, nor any intention to quit calling her selfish, she is in my opinion, and that is really all I can add---is MY OWN opinion. Which I am as entitled to as you are yours.