Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from central California

Michelle - I'm so sorry to hear about your unfill. What an awful experience that must have been! At least you have a decent fill level again. Have a great weekend too and happy birthday to your daughter!

Yep, it sucked! Don't want to do THAT again! LOL!

The party was great! We had a lot of fun but it wiped me out! I'm still exhausted! LOL!

OK ladies, what is PB?

Michelle, after LB, do you have to cut your Vitamins in half or what??? THat sounds very uncomfortable. Hope the bday was nice.

Jenny, a PB is "puke back" or "productive burp." Yes, it's gross.

After surgery you should be on all chewables and liquids for all of your supplements. My BP pill, I can't do that with. I'm supposed to crush it but I usually just cut it in to 4 pieces. It gets pretty small that way. It's not a large pill to begin with. THAT is the pill that I got stuck on.

I was in a hurry and trying to rush. I was also eating, well, was going to be eating about 2 hours earlier than normal. Band was too tight that early in the AM and stuck I got. I then proceeded to throw up for the next 36 hrs every time I tried to get a little Fluid in me. I got to the point that I couldn't even swallow my own spit. Had to see Dr. B Monday evening after he'd been in surgery all day, for an unfill. It was bad and I don't wish that on anyone. Learned my lesson! I now make sure I cut that pill up every single time I'm going to take it!

Now. I don't want that episode to scare you! Things like that shouldn't happen if you are following the rules and doing what you're supposed too! What happened to me was completely my fault and would never have happened if I was doing what I should have been.

There will be times when you get stuck and have to PB or wait for something to pass but for the most part it's a pretty mild episode. Just go on liquids for the rest of the day to help the swelling and you should be fine.

Have a great week, Ladies!!

Kaiser surgery dept called yesterday to schedule 1 1/2 hour bariatric surgery orientation led by a surgeon next week, they said after that they can schedule a consultation with surgeon. OK, we will see how that goes. Hope you all have a great weekend. I am taking 13 hour one way train trip to take my oldest to grandpas for the summer in Oregon. That will be a long summer for all of us. I hope your latest fills are successful, take care. JENN

How exciting, Jenny! You'll have to let us know how it goes!

I sure hope you have a safe trip! Is it going to be long 'cause none of you want your oldest to be gone or.....?

Keep in touch!

heart fire and silly goose:

Orientation is out of the way; next step is wait for surgery dept to call to schedule nutrionist and psychiatric eval and consult w/surgeon. At appt w/surgeon he will discuss my needed weight loss. THey weighed and measured me before the orientation; I measured at 5ft, and with my weight at 211, which put my BMI at 41, PERFECT. THe lady sitting next to me just completed the 20 week previously mandatory class and was not too happy to find out I didn't have to take it and have only been going thru the process since May. OOOUUUCCCHHH. The surgeon who led the orientation was not the surgeon that does the lap band, so I will save some of my questions for when I meet him. Diana, surgery dept, said I should have a phone call by next friday. MOVING RIGHT ALONG. I am practicing chewing my food real good, not drinking while I eat and getting in some regular exercise. Haven't given up the late night Cookies, but that will be the next change. One step at a time,,,I am making steady progess in the Kaiser chain of events. Have a great weekend, hope all is well with you. We will have to get together soon, JENN

Edited by JennyLou

Oh my gosh! This is so exciting!!

So surgery does all the referrals now? Once I started class, my PCP did all of them. It was no biggie and he was on board completely so he was willing to do what he needed to do for me but this is cool!

And you're right, we need to get together soon. It may end up August at this point! LOL!

You have a great weekend too. Talk to you soon!

Surgery Dept called yesterday; they scheduled nutritionist and psych eval.;they got them scheduled July 9th and 13th. After those are done, they will set my appt w/surgeon. I am working at losing weight now, hopefully when I get in to eventually see surgeon I will have part of my required weight loss already done. How about this lovely weather, my 4ft deep pool is very nice these days. Have a great 4th of July and I will be back in touch when I have more to report. I also start the optional 10 week classes on July 2nd. It is going to be the hardest part of all. Since I live 30 minutes out of town and work not to far from the Clovis Kaiser, I will be staying in town for the class after work. I have to get my mom to meet my kids after school and stay with them untill my husband gets off work or my class to be done (he is a truck driver and I never know what time he will get home on a daily basis). One will have football practice starting and I have been tha parent that attended his practice for the last 3 yrs. Time to put me before the family; it is struggle to take time for things I need to do. But my family is willing to pick up the slack to get me thru the classes that I want/need to take so I am taking advantage of the help.

Edited by JennyLou

You're just moving right along - that's great! I'm happy to hear that your going to do the classes. I wish I could go to the support group meetings, but there's just no way to fit it into my schedule!

You'll be banded in no time!

Hello Ladies, I have been to 2 with Peggy already, had my psych eval last week and meet with nutritionist on Monday. that is the last appt before they will schedule consult with surgeon. Things are moving right along. Hope the summer has been good to you. How are things since you last fills? Do you have to pay your Kaiser copay every time you get a fill? Luckily the classes were only $50 for the 10 weeks. I am learning alot and like the accountability. Think I will probably try the support groups after my band too. Stay cool, JENN

Jenny, so glad everything is going so well!

How is Peggy doing? I miss her. I really liked her and enjoyed the classes.

We still need to get all valley bandsters together for lunch. Just not sure when or where to do it.

Let us know how the nut goes on Monday!

Have a great weekend!

I still can't believe how quickly things are moving for you. That's great!

And, yes, you do have to pay your co-pay each visit.

For me, the weight loss had been slow, but Dr. B. seems to be satisfied with the results. I think you will really like him. I know I do! I know I would be losing more if I'd get more serious about exercise. I'm really starting to notice the fills taking effect. I'm definitely eating less and there are some foods that just don't agree with me - like bread. I shouldn't be eating them anyway, and now it's really uncomfortable trying too, so it makes it easier to stay away from them.

Take care!

Peggy is dong fine, she is very informative and an excellent teacher and very nice person. The nutritionist visit was short and quick; she filled out a questionaire on the computer for the surgeon to see and that was it; went over weight loss history, what I have tried, how long and how much weight lost. I see Dr Bog on July 30th, mini seminar with 4-5 people and then we each see him individually afterwards. They said to bring a support person, so my mom is going w/me. I can't afford for my husband to take off, his hours have been cut due to the slow housing market and my mom is very anxious to find out more. She went with me when I has lasik eye surgery a few yrs ago and is my best caretaker. She is doing a great job on thursday evenings so I can attend the classes. 3 down 7 more to go.

gotta love the 100+++ weather lately.

let's get together anytime; is lunch or dinner better? weekday or weekend? Fresno or CLovis would be about 15-20 minute drive for me? how about you heartfire, is CLovis better for you? we can do a weekend lunch and bring the kids too if that works for you. I can always get my mom to watch mine, but don't mind if you want to bring the little one. We can wait till August if that is better, just let me know...

They keep saying in class that the LB is slower weight loss, at least it is some weight loss, better than I ever did on my own. They said they will weigh and measure again before I see surgeon, just hope I can hit that 5ft mark again...Peggy just weighs us, never checks height. I need to be as short as possible, LOL

Edited by JennyLou

I finished 10 week weight loss classes on Sept 3rd, got to goal weight my surgeon set on Sept 18th and I have surgery date, October 26th. I am excited, I lost my required 10 lbs and now have to see my primary care dr for medical clearance, see the surgeon again, have lab work, chest xrays and I will be ready. They sure make you work to get this done. But all worth it, I started the process in May and think it has gone fast/smooth for me. I sure am glad I found this site and found out they do the surgery at Fresno Kaiser !!! THANKS LADIES

Edited by JennyLou

Jennifer! That is SO exciting!!! Fantastic news! The time is going to both drag AND fly by for you!

Keep us up to date! Take care!