Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Didn't get first fill yet

Went to the Dr. on Monday thinking I would be getting my first fill . Nope it did not happen I lost another 10lbs since my surgery which was on 12/30/08 a total of 31lbs . Has anyone else not been given a fill due to losing weight ? I go back in another month and the

doctor will decide if I get my first fill. I geuss i was looking forward to getting a fill but I must be doing something right. I was excited that since starting this process I have lost a total of 41lb since 7/7/08 (my first visit to start the lap band process.) :bored:

congrats on your weight loss..i was told before surgery if you lose weight regulary without your first fill then they wont do it until you need it, you are not relying on the band as you are doing it yourself..you are doing a great job, well done, be very proud..

Went to the Dr. on Monday thinking I would be getting my first fill . Nope it did not happen I lost another 10lbs since my surgery which was on 12/30/08 a total of 31lbs . Has anyone else not been given a fill due to losing weight ? I go back in another month and the

doctor will decide if I get my first fill. I geuss i was looking forward to getting a fill but I must be doing something right. I was excited that since starting this process I have lost a total of 41lb since 7/7/08 (my first visit to start the lap band process.) :bored:

Congratulations on the weight loss. If you are losing this weight and not hungry all the time, then you don't need the fill yet. And please don't get it if you don't need it, that leads to problems. If you continue to do well but are HUNGRY all of the time, then tell that to your doctor when you return, because you probably need a fill. That means it was all you and now you are essentially just dieting and that isn't what this is about. It is a tool to make it easier for you.

I was banded on 8-21-08 and didn't get my first fill until October. I was losing well and my head was in the right place. I also found out that I had 3cc's put in at the time of surgery. That could be a factor for you, too... No matter what, if you are losing and you are feeling "good".....mind and body....... don't worry....be happy!!!!! Congrats......... Julie

I was banded on Aug. 4 and I still haven't got a fill yet. As long as I lose a pound a week, my doc doesn't think I need one. Plus I am experiencing quite a bit of restriction. If I'm not careful, I get sick. :redface:

I'm almost 3 months out,I got one fill of .5cc at 5 weeks and I had to "beg" the doc for that! He really thought I did not need it as my weightloss was really good.Comparable to a RNY patient per the Doctor.So then I was back at 9 week checkup expecting another fill and due to weightloss my surgeon advised against it.Plus I have had some pbing & sliming.:)

She explained it's almost better to be underfilled then overfilled.They can always add to it.But when it's overfilled you get reflux & vomitting and can strech the pouch more.So after hearing all that I decided to put in slow gear and just enjoy the ride and not try to make it a race.

It's hard because after so many years battling & so many failed attempts this actually working put's you on a "high" and you dont want to come down ever!

But the doc assured me I'll get there just not overnight!!:redface:

I was banded on December 19 and haven't gotten a fill yet.

I saw my doctor on Tuesday and thought I'd get a fill then, but I'd lost almost 12 pounds in the 4 weeks since I'd seen him, so he wouldn't give me fill.

He told me some of his patients go 4-6 months before their first fill.

I've lost 36.2 pounds so far. 14.8 was on the 10 day pre-op diet. My surgery was 6 weeks ago today, so I'm pretty pleased with the progress I'm making.

Whilst I was offered a fill I didnt have my first one till 12 weeks after surgery - I was losing steadily and I had great motivation, plus I just plain didnt think I really needed it, I got a good run of post surgery restriction.