Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! Calling all Georgians, anybody there?

Through fillcenterusa they do have a center in Nashville, TN that does fills/adjustments (which at this time would be the one closer to you . After the initial $299 to join the plan, you pay $155 for a fill (without fluro) and $200 with fluro.

Go to their website you and you can read all about it. Once you join they have a program that you enter your food intake on a daily basis and it keeps up with all of the calories, Protein etc. for you. Pretty neat.

Bette

No, I went to Florida (Zephryhills). At the time I had my fill they did not have the Nashville center open. When I go back for another one I will probably transfer to the Nashville Center since it is closer.

Good luck.

Bette

No, I went to Florida (Zephryhills). At the time I had my fill they did not have the Nashville center open. When I go back for another one I will probably transfer to the Nashville Center since it is closer.

Good luck.

Bette

Hey fellow- Georgians....

Just thought that I would take a second and check-in with everyone...The board has been very quiet....I hope everyone has had a wonderful week...

Anything new to report??? New surgeries scheduled??? Any SV's or NSV's to report??? Spring is coming and we will want to be in those "cute little outfits"...I have been trying to get some sun (or sunbeds :biggrin1: ) If I am at my daughters...(she has her oun tanning bed)...

I went in to Dr. H's office on Tuesday for a fill...this was my 5th one...I now have 2.3 cc in my band (10cm band...holds 4cc's)....I am feeling very well...and I think that it is really starting to "work" again...:clap2: This morning I was down a total of 72.2 lbs... I have been "shopping in my closet" as my husband calls it....trying all those cloths that I haven't been able to wear for such a long time...

I had really slowed down for a while...(I was sooooo afraid :) of getting to tight) I still am concerned about that but also know that if we don't allow the band to work properly, then we all wasted a lot of money...So I have been trying to follow those bandster rules, eat the things we should be eating...and watch that weight come DOWN....

I also have been looking for a part-time job...it will be good to have other things to focus on (and the extra money would be good also...) So I hope that I can find something interesting to do...

I hope and pray that all us Georgian will have a fantastic week....

Blessings, Debbi

Hey Wannasew,

I am a fellow Georgian (Atlanta) and will be banded by Dr. Ortiz on April 6th. I'm getting really excited. Congratulations on your 72lb weight loss! I will be so happy when I can say that. If I lose 72lbs that will be just about all I need to lose. I will be so relieved. I am looking forward to posting when I get back. Keep updating us.

Hello ladies,

I am a fellow Georgian also! I have not been around in a while and therefore haven't gotten to know you all.....my name is Patty and I am located in Fayette County. I had my surgery 9/29/04 and have stopped losing.....I have had 2 fills and cannot get another drop in there w/out being choked, so I don;t know why I am not losing anymore.......anyways, I didn't want to complain, just say Hi to everyone!

Hi Iluvmyboys,

I am a neighbor to you. I live in Fairburn and am getting banded on April 6th. I'm really excited. Who did your surgery? Dr. Ortiz is doing mine. How has life been for you since the surgery? Any regrets?

Hey there!! Wow, too cool huh? I live in PTC just down the road...

I had my surgery done in Costa Rica and everything went great! My sister had it done in Mexico by Dr. Ortiz and as you have probably heard a million gazillion times, he is one of the best in the world. I had a fill done by his office in Mexico and they are great! You will have no problems at all....you are in good hands.....I have NO regrets!! I feel great!

Hey there Kingskid66,

(By-the-way....love the name :biggrin1: ) I am fairly new to the area...You are from up (or over?) by Atlanta??? I live in Savannah GA...we have lived in this area for about 16 months....Good Luck and God Bless you with your upcoming surgery....You don't have long to wait now...Your day will be here before you know it...It sounds like you are going to be in very good hands....

Hubby & I pastored at a church in McAllen TX (6 miles from the Mexican Border)...when we were there, a little over 2 years ago...I didn't even know about the Lapband....Boy I wish I had...It would have been so easy to get to Mexico from there....I had looked into the RnY but that was tooooooooo scary to me....

I will be thinking of you....Keep us posted...

Patsy,

I feel silly offering advice to you....you have been thru this much longer than I have....

I have heard of others getting there fill "removed" and then slowly refill??? It settles differently....It sounds like you are almost to tight now....but I know that it can be so discouraging to be going thru the slow loss time....I am just glad that my scale has started moving again....and in the right direction....

Hey there Kingskid66,

(By-the-way....love the name :biggrin1: ) I am fairly new to the area...You are from up (or over?) by Atlanta??? I live in Savannah GA...we have lived in this area for about 16 months....Good Luck and God Bless you with your upcoming surgery....You don't have long to wait now...Your day will be here before you know it...It sounds like you are going to be in very good hands....

Hubby & I pastored at a church in McAllen TX (6 miles from the Mexican Border)...when we were there, a little over 2 years ago...I didn't even know about the Lapband....Boy I wish I had...It would have been so easy to get to Mexico from there....I had looked into the RnY but that was tooooooooo scary to me....

I will be thinking of you....Keep us posted...

Patsy,

I feel silly offering advice to you....you have been thru this much longer than I have....

I have heard of others getting there fill "removed" and then slowly refilled??? It settles differently....It sounds like you are almost to tight now....but I know that it can be so discouraging to be going thru the slow loss time....I am just glad that my scale has started moving again....and in the right direction....

I am getting close to half way with the weight loss.... (yes you can see, I REALLY needed this) Can't wait till I get to that Goal....(only about 5-6 more to go :clap2: )

Patsy, You had your surgey done in Costa Rica??? I have always thought of that as a beautiful area to visit....

I hope that you can find something that will help you continue with the success of your band....Keep in touch

Blessings, Debbi

311.6/239.4/160

Banded May 31, 2005

2.3 cc in 10 cm band (holds 4cc)

5 fills

5'10"

Hey Dee Dee,

I'm looking for a doctor in the Atlanta area. I was banded in New Jersey in November 2004 and moved to Atlanta in July, 2005. I really feel the need to see someone regarding my band and it gets expensive to run back and forth to New Jersey. I live in McDonough, GA. Does anyone know any doctors in this area?

Kingskid66

I sent you a private message to your email a few times.....just didn't want to post my email online but wanted to let you now you could email or call me if you need anything after your surgery........good luck with the surgery if I don't hear from you!!

Patricia

Hey Wannasew,

Good to hear from you. I will definitely post and let you all know how things went. I will be back in Atlanta on Monday, april 10th. Hubby and I are going to stay in San Diego a couple extra days. Keep me in your prayers. Talk to you soon. By the way, how much weight have you lost?

God Bless.

Debbi,

I looked at our previous correspondence and realized you've lost 72 lbs. I am so happy for you. I can only imagine what life is like for you. Keep up the good work, girl. You are definitely good advertisment for the wannabe and hope to be bandsters!