Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! Calling all Georgians, anybody there?

DeeDee

So glad to hear that all went well....let us know how you are doing later...??

Are you one of those that has their restriction "kick in"...I have never really felt any different (except for being tighter in the mornings...)

Just wondering....we are all so different...

Blessings, Debbi

311.6/247/160

Ok I have been at this weight long enough:think

:update:

My restriction lasted less than 36 hours.:omg: I guess it was due to swelling. :think I'm so frustrated right now (as anyone who saw my post on the Slow Losers thread can attest to). I go back next Tuesday to try again. :tired I kind of liked the full feeling, now I just want it to last. :target:

Guest bbuie

I have had 6 fills with Dr. Henderson. It took me that many to get lasting restriction. I am a slow looser also. Banded June 05 and have lost 27 pounds. Do you live in Brunswick?

Richmond Hill, about 50 miles north. I am really glad someone else had really slow progress with Henderson. I need the reassurance!

Hey Yall! I have good restriction now. I am at about 2.8 or 2.9ccs. SOme days though I can eat alot if I wanted to but on the whole I am good. I have lost about 5lbs since my fill and now my body is in "time of the month mode". I am super tight. I get this way the week before my period but I always gain about 6lbs and the scale is going up as I type. LOL The great thing is that after my period I lose the gained plus somemore. Hopefully I will get down into the 280's! A girl can dream!!

I'll check in with you on Monday to see if the evil weight gain has gone. Congrats on the 5 lbs.!

Well, I hope all of you are doing well...

This past week has been a very stressful one for me.....I was in the Orlando area...I was there to help my parents get ready for a move...they are 73 & 76 yrs old...so they aren't able to get some things done themselves....It was not an easy week...my mother was in rare form...:omg: but what else is new...she has such a poor self-image...my father is one of those that just thinks that you can pull yourself up and get by....they have been married 54 yrs (so she should be used to his additude...) I quess that some things you just try and ignore....

I worked all week there....drove home yesterday....and am getting ready for us to move in 4 days...(Feb 10th)....and then will probobly need to go back and help my parents with the move....:faint:

So you can see that this HAS been a very stressed time....I really NEED a fill, but I think I want waight till AFTER THE FILL...

Chime in and let us know how you are doing...

Blessings, Debbi

311.6/247/160

about 8 months out

Opps...I should have re-read my post....

I want to wait till after our MOVE....I really hate it...but I don't want to get to tight...

Blessings, Debbi

Hey Dee! How's it going? I didn't get filled yesterday because I'm on the "remedial learn how to eat with the band" plan. No weight loss, no weight gain.

Well spring is right around the corner...and with it (hopefully) some NEW clothes...

How is everyone doing...

The board had been pretty quiet for a while...So I thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing..."Are we Working those BANDS????"

I have been trying to get in more exercise...that is one thing that I can usually talk myself out of...

Since the end of Feb. I have TRIED to get in at least 40-60 minutes a day on my recumbant bike...there have been days that I think I have stayed on with shear tourchure.... but I have stuck it out...I have also tried walking up to a mile (that is all that I have managed so far...) I am still having trouble with my back so some days walking just doesn't happen...but the bike hasn't been near as bad...

I need to call Dr H. and see if I can get in for a fill...I haven't had one since the first of Nov. so I think that has been long enough...

So everyone ... check in and let us know what is going on with YOU....

Blessings, Debbi

Hi Dee Dee -

I live in Griffin, GA (about 30 miles south of Atlanta). I was banded, in Mexico by Dr. Aceves, September 9, 2005. I love my band, however am a little restricted at this point and having some problems.

Do you know of any support groups in our area? I would love to be able to attend one; I feel we all need to be able to go somewhere to that support.

Bette

Hey! Bette Unfortunately I don't live anywhere close to Atlanta. I am about 4 hours away. Until you find a support group feel free to PM me anytime and I will try my best to help with any questions you have.

Debbi Dahlin' it has been a while since I have posted on this thread. I am closing in on the 50lbs gone. When I go to the doc it is always around the time my "friend" comes for her monthly visit, lol. I always weigh about 10 lbs more. Then after my "friend "leaves all the weight plus 2 or 3 pounds leave with her. I have great restriction. I am almost coming to terms with this head hunger thing. Now I have to exercise, especially the tummy. It is looking kind of ugly. LOL Oh yeah! Kryssa gurlfriend What's up with you? I miss you

Have a great day everyone!!

DeeDee...I guess that I should be glad that I have a hysterectomy done a LONG time ago...I read here of others like yourself...and reporting getting to tight around that time....So that part had been good...

I had waited until now for a fill...I haven't had one since Nov. 2nd...and I really could use one...

I will be calling Dr on my way back from Knoxville, TN.. I hope that I can get in....It just seems that I am always hungry...

So I am hoping that won't be such a hard thing....I had put off my "fill" because of some many stresses in my life and I did't want to scare myself.

Well, I'd better get to bed...I have been watching a sick little boy (4) so I don't wanting ... Heres to MY not getting ill.

Blessings, Debbi

Where do you get your fills? How much are they? I moved to Sc from DC. I was orig banded in Mexico, fills while living in DC. Looking for someone reasonable nr here. I only paid $200 per fill in DC.

You are doing a great job, keep it up! I am sure the cardio is really helping a lot!

Through fillcenterusa they do have a center in Nashville, TN that does fills/adjustments (which at this time would be the one closer to you . After the initial $299 to join the plan, you pay $155 for a fill (without fluro) and $200 with fluro.

Go to their website you and you can read all about it. Once you join they have a program that you enter your food intake on a daily basis and it keeps up with all of the calories, Protein etc. for you. Pretty neat.

Bette