Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been one week..

Reporting in for my one week report. =)

My surgery went very well. I have been on my liquid diet & have been doing well. I actually went to work for 4 hours yesterday- and another 4 hours today. However, I can tell each day, as I am feeling so much better.. I am also getting hungrier "earlier". Day 1-3 I got plenty of Water, Jello, Protein Drinks, etc. So, I was able to go almost 3 hours, without thinking that I needed something.. Tuesday gets here, I'm feeling lots better.. But, the hunger feeling kept coming around sooner.. Then same on Wed.. Now it's Thursday & I feel like that I can not get enough liquids down to keep me satisfied.. I did call my dr & they said it was ok to start on creamy Soups and soupy mashed potatoes.

Anyways- I guess I am just wondering if you guys/gals are having the same problem/feelings..

thanks

Jen

Hi, I called my doc today and they told me I could start on pureed tomorrow - yea!! and yes, I was like you I found that today< I was so hungry. I am looking forward to trying some cream of wheat tomorrow morning and mashed potatos!! I still have not gone back to work, but hubby did. I will go back next week, pending not needing to have a plantars wart excised from my foot which immobilizes me for 3 weeks.

I was wondering if anyone who has been banded this month could answer this. I was banded on the 14th and feel pretty good overall. I do feel a little tight when I drink, as if I have some restriction, but I am sure it is because of swelling. Anyway, I have read where some people resume their exercise regimen immediately following the band. I have paperwork that states just that, but also some that states no exercise until a week post-op! Before being banded, I was doing light running on the treadmill 4 times per week for 30 minutes ans some circuit training.....probable a 45 minute workout total. I really had the urge to go to the gym this morning, but didn't because I don't want to injury anything. So in a nutshell, have you guys been doing any exercising yet? Thank you and good luck to you all!

My surgeon told me no exercise for 6 weeks after surgery. He told me the most he would allow me to do at the gym was walk around the track. I want to get back too so I am going to walk around the track.

It's been a week for me too but I was allowed pureed Soups, oatmeal, and yogurt this past Wednesday. I take 20 mins to eat 3 meals a day (1/4 to 1/2 cup) and 60 mins before I drink Water. I also have a 1/2 can of pure Protein Shake throughout the day. There are times that I am still hungry but not bad enough that it bothers me.

My doctor told me that I could excrises again but only walking or riding my bike. I am up to 20 mins and 4 times a week. Later I hope to be back to 30 mins and 5 times a week. This should help me with the stand still on my weight. For the last four days the scale has not moved.

i got banded on the january 14 and i have no hunger or desire to eat. It's hard enough to just have my diabetic boost to get some Protein and just to sip on Water. I finally was able to release gas from the surgery this afternoon, and it was the greatest feeling i've had since wednesday! I guess the hunger might come later when i'm not feeling so full from the gas still. Then again, I fasted for 16 days on a pre-op diet, and by the end of it, i wasn't feeling too hungry even on Clear Liquids only. i guess i'll have to wait and see :(

I guess we are pretty much feeling the same way. I wish I could get rid of some of this trapped gas. I go from feeling fine to feeling like an elephant is sitting on me. I haven't had a desire for food either;you're right, that will come soon enough!

I was banded on the 8th. One week later I couldn't stick to the liquids and had a scambled egg. It was great. I haven't had any problems with food. I had my stitches out two days ago and ever since I have had pain around my port site. It feels like a pulled muscle in the area surrounding the port. There is no relation to if or when I eat, so I am not sure if it has anyhting to do with starting on mushy(more solid foods) sooner. It is more than slight pain, but doesn't fit any of the other symptoms similar to infection. The incision is healing well and I haven't had a fever. Anyone else having this problem?