Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Focus on the issues!

I don't understand why people are talking about politics, prostitutes and animals. This is a lapband site for those of us who are serious and reaching out for help. Someone even put out a post on why does someone ask about fish recipes.Well gues what that is something we all need is ideas on how to eat right.

I use sweet bourbon glaze on my fish. I rub them with olive oil and bake or lightly fry then add the glaze for a minute or two on each side.

All of us reach out and need help now and then. This site is for those who do. There was one thread about 4 little rats (animals). Unless we are learning how to prepare them, who cares. Now don't get me wrong I like animals but this isn't a site for that. Get on an animal site or email specific people for pesonal information besides what can help those of us on this site.

The reason why some don't reach out is because of simple minded people who demean them and make them think that their question is stupid. If it contains to food or weight this is the forum.

Get back on track and God Bless!

Grandmasandy

I don't understand why people are talking about politics, prostitutes and animals. This is a lapband site for those of us who are serious and reaching out for help. Someone even put out a post on why does someone ask about fish recipes.Well gues what that is something we all need is ideas on how to eat right.

I use sweet bourbon glaze on my fish. I rub them with olive oil and bake or lightly fry then add the glaze for a minute or two on each side.

All of us reach out and need help now and then. This site is for those who do. There was one thread about 4 little rats (animals). Unless we are learning how to prepare them, who cares. Now don't get me wrong I like animals but this isn't a site for that. Get on an animal site or email specific people for pesonal information besides what can help those of us on this site.

The reason why some don't reach out is because of simple minded people who demean them and make them think that their question is stupid. If it contains to food or weight this is the forum.

Get back on track and God Bless!

Grandmasandy

Sandy, this site has many different areas and MANY different types of topics. The enitre site is not dedicated to lap-band ONLY. Please, find the threads that interest you and stick with those. Then you won't have to tell everybody what to do on other threads. :rolleyes:

Ok where's this post that covers politics, prostitutes and animals? I'm up for a break!

And I agree that this is a public forum. If you dont like a post, don't read it, or don't respond. Simple.

I think you may have wandered into the "Lounge" and had a .... well few too many!

Honestly come on we can't eat, sleep, breathe the freaking band.. If I did I would be obsessed and that's a whole other issue lol.

This is a site to go for support, laugh, knowledge, and reassurance... And somehow in the meantime we seem to come together and form friendships through our words. Sure theres some posts that get off topic for the threads they are in... But that's life.. Don't flame the thread though for being OT.. Just move on and go to something you find more interesting.

We hope you continue to read and post on things that interest you.

You'll find many threads that can really make those hard days alot easier. Helps to have friends too :sneaky:

I think you may have wandered into the "Lounge" and had a .... well few too many!

OMG ... snort

Helps to have friends too :thumbup:

something tells me she's not doing so well in that area ... :sneaky:

Some of the most knowledgeable posters are longterm banders. There's only so many things you can say about gastric banding, before the same topics get repeated ad nauseum. If it weren't for the other chatter, our longterm friends may grow tired of re-answering questions for newbies to bands like me. Anyone is welcomed to join in the side chats or ignore them, but it's really no skin off anyone's nose since for the most part those topics are in the off topics area.

Edited by kiz

grandmasandy,

You are very close to trolldom. I'd pipe down a tad really.

PS, you are being a bit of a hypocrite by starting this thread. It is not Lap-band related.

Take a chill pill, enjoy all the great benefits this site has. We don't want to talk all Band all day all night. If that is what you are looking for, then this may not be the place for you. Again, there is no law stating you can't start your own place of Band Worship.

Enjoy your day!

:sneaky:

You said someone made a post about 4 rats G'MA?

I don't have rats but I have 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 fish. Hmm I looked but I don't have a picture of my fish. He is bright blue with some red in him... Oh yeah he is a Beta.

I have an english bullie he is super cute and a border collie. I think that my bulldog might need a lapband if we cant get his eating under control (OMG I made it into a lap band post) Oh and my cat too... He is 19.5 lbs LOL

Bentley.jpg

Pictures+043.JPG

post-225533-13813138050771_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brandy~

Awww cutttte!!

I don't think they need lap bands. Maybe just get them a kitty and doggy treadmill. That might help. They don't look that much overweight.

Just put em on a diet!

heehee

:thumbup: LMAO:lol:

I love it, your girls ROCK, for telling it like it is.

I wish I could spill more but I think its been said already, and who wants to be a copy cat anyway, right.....

I'm new to this site and I'm totally loving it, band topics, off topics, everything, the more I read the more I'm seriously finding out that I'm normal, (physically heavy, but mentally normal) heck its the others that aren't, SO I SEND A BIG THANK YOU out ALL the thread starters, keep em' coming!:sneaky:

One thing I have learned from being on this site is that there is much support for and from everyone. As such, we become friends in a long distance way. Friends do talk about other things. I have been on forums where people talk about losing their dogs and I can send my support for them since I understand that our pets are like family to us. So please forgive those of us who do talk about other things. It is our way of keeping in touch with the people who do understand us and support us through our journey. There are lots of threads that answer our questions and believe me I have learned so very much from everyone. I hope you can feel at home here and make some friends of your own who will talk to you about their lives and problems. Best of luck. I am here for you!

WOW! I guess your entitled to your opinion but let me say this.

The site is designed so that you can avoid the areas you have no interest in.

In the real world do you only discuss one topic with one group of friends? I think not. The fact is people become friendly on here and as in the real world they elect to discuss multiple topics.

In the 8 months or so that I have been on here, I cant say that I have seen anyone be deemed for a silly question. What I have seen is people who are too lazy to research and want information spoon feed to them. I have seen people get snipped at for that as they SHOULD! They are adults making major life changes, and should be committed to educating themselves