Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February '09 bandsters?

Hi everybody,

I am having my surgery on February 19th. I can't wait and am counting the days until I am banded!

I have to stay overnight, but I'm okay with that.

How is everyone else coming along?

Way to go!! I'm sure you'll do awesome post-op!

I also have to stay in the hospital overnight, for insurance reasons.

It doesn't really bother me, I guess. My surgery is February 2. I am getting really nervous. I just realized yesterday, that's only 2 weeks from Monday. *gulp*

But I am also reaaaaally ready! I purchased a great book about surgical weight loss filled with great ideas and "recipes" for the Protein shakes. I bought my Flintstone's chewables. :)

I've been running all over town, buying samples of different Protein drinks. I have one chilling in the fridge right now, for after my walk. Kinda nervous it will taste like licking the wall though! :)

Good luck to everybody!!

Hugs,

I also have to stay the night because of sleep apena but to me that is fine. I just told my family to make sure I get up and walk around often. I tried Necter by Syntex for a shake with milk and it is really good, taste like a real shake from like DQ. I bought the strawberry/kiwi. They make other flavors as well. I got it at the Vitamin shope. Hope that helps. Tam

gosh I am so glad that I found this thread, I am being banded on Feb.4th, I start my pre-op diet on Wed. it's high Protein and lo-carb, I went out with my family for supper tonight for my last supper (that's the phrase my Dr. called it) good luck everyone that's being banded in Feb.:)

I'm on for February 3rd, provided the insurance approval goes through in time.

Both the surgeon and scheduler expect that to happen quickly; guess they've worked with this company often enough to feel confident that this will happen, but I am not so sure! I'm so afraid that there will be a delay, just when I am gearing up and feel ready for the changes ahead of me.

In the meantime I am finding this website very helpful-

sure is nice to know I'm not alone in this 'world'!

With less than a month till my surgery, the panic is starting to set in. I've been reading a lot about post-op, stuff like PBing and not being able to eat certain foods, and I'm getting scared. what if i can't eat foods i like after this surgery? do i really want to make this sacrifice? even writing this i feel pretty pathetic... i mean what's food compared to finally being healthy and feeling good about myself?!

i think the pre-op diet is starting to affect my sanity LOL :)

Ok, Fabulous February Friends, am I the only one who feels like all I can think of is my upcoming surgery? I'm going about my day, but it's always in the back of my mind.

How much time are you taking off work?

And last of all, I've had a few suggestions for a group name, in the February 2009 forum, so I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to force this one on you. I happen to like it, and think of you all as friends since we're going through this in the same month. :-)

Debbie

Yes I go for preop testing on Jan. 26th and my surgery is scheduled for Feb 9th I too am a little nervous but so ready to do the work and stop feeling like this! Any advise between the band and the bypass

What is everyone stocking up on before surgery? I know I need to buy some Vitamins, but other than that, i'm stumped and could use some suggestions!

Jay, here's what i've got so far:

- Lo Sodium broth (mostly veg. and chick cause i don't like beef all that much)

- Jello (Lime, Rasp, Straw)

- 1000mg Vitamin C (it's supposed to help you recover from surgery faster - I bought EmergenC powders)

- chewable vitamins

- Gas X disolvable strips

- SF Frozen fruit bars (the natural organic stuff tastes great and they have small chunks of real fruit in them)

- Vitamin E oil (for the incision scars once they've healed)

- Vaseline Cocoa Butter Body Lotion (to help prevent stretch marks and smell yummy chocolate while i get healthy)

- Plan on getting: Cheesy Romance Novels, Magazines, more songs for my iPod, travel health insurance (cause i'm going to Mexico)

- I'm also slowly emptying out my kitchen of any and all temptation/trigger foods

i can't think of anything else i'd need post op... hope this helps!

that helps a lot, thanks so much!

Thankfully I have a pile of books that have been in my "to read" pile for so long and now I just might get to them!