Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a failure...PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Well I am going on 8 months of having the lap band and I'm not getting anywhere. My huge flippin stomach wont go anywhere. I started back to exercising this week after not exercising for 2 months and I've gaind 3 lbs:angry:...WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. I thought working out you were suppose to lose weight NOT GAIN IT BACK. :mellow: I havent had a fill since Nov 4th and I have 7 cc's in me so far. I can eat almost anything after the band loosens in the morning. I have fallen of the damn wagon and I dont know how to get back on it. I guess I keep eating slider foods, i dont know. I'm trying to be good, but I crave Cereal late at night and I eat salad and I am able to get down a WHOLE BOWL :scared2:of salad with all kinds of veggies, cheese, bacon bits etc. I should NOT be able to eat a whole damn bowl of salad. What the hell is wrong with me???:cool2: I dont have any diet plan laid out, I just try to watch what I eat and nothing seems to work. I dont get hungry at times I should be and I get hungry at times I shouldnt be getting hungry like at 8 or 9 pm while watching dvd's or reading. :grouphug:

I'm at the end of my rope and I'm seriously thinking that this lap band was the wrong way to go..because I have so many things working AGAINST ME IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY...I have PCOS, INSULIN RESISTANCE and I'm FAT! I workout 4 times a week and I'm starting to think that if my body is gonna be stubborn then maybe I should be too and exercise for hrs EVERY DAY..but wont I be risking gaining muscle weight and not really losing any weight? I'm so confused and pissed off!! HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP PLEASE!!!!:)

LOVE

DOLPHIN:wub:

Well I am going on 8 months of having the lap band and I'm not getting anywhere. My huge flippin stomach wont go anywhere. I started back to exercising this week after not exercising for 2 months and I've gaind 3 lbs:angry:...WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. I thought working out you were suppose to lose weight NOT GAIN IT BACK. :cursing: I havent had a fill since Nov 4th and I have 7 cc's in me so far. I can eat almost anything after the band loosens in the morning. I have fallen of the damn wagon and I dont know how to get back on it. I guess I keep eating slider foods, i dont know. I'm trying to be good, but I crave cereal late at night and I eat salad and I am able to get down a WHOLE BOWL :scared2:of salad with all kinds of veggies, cheese, bacon bits etc. I should NOT be able to eat a whole damn bowl of salad. What the hell is wrong with me???:cursing: I dont have any diet plan laid out, I just try to watch what I eat and nothing seems to work. I dont get hungry at times I should be and I get hungry at times I shouldnt be getting hungry like at 8 or 9 pm while watching dvd's or reading. :cool:

I'm at the end of my rope and I'm seriously thinking that this lap band was the wrong way to go..because I have so many things working AGAINST ME IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY...I have PCOS, INSULIN RESISTANCE and I'm FAT! I workout 4 times a week and I'm starting to think that if my body is gonna be stubborn then maybe I should be too and exercise for hrs EVERY DAY..but wont I be risking gaining muscle weight and not really losing any weight? I'm so confused and pissed off!! HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP PLEASE!!!!:regular_smile:

LOVE

DOLPHIN:wub:

Don't give up on yourself so easily. You will lose the weight ,but you have to stick to the program .Continue to excerise and eat the proper foods(not slider foods).

Try and remember back to the first day you stepped on the scale and it moved .How did it make you feel ?? Keep that feeling in your head ,you have been through alot lately ,and you need to STOP beating yourself up .I have this same problem when I excerise I gain Water weight ,the weight you have gain could just be that .Then after a while your body will adjust to the work outs and you will see results.

You didn't become overweight over night and you will not lose the weight over night ,this is a tool to help you and you just have to let it . Sounds like you might need a fill if you can eat more than you should .and leave out the bacon bits they contain salt which also retains Fluid in your body. Please take a look at what is in your cabinets and fridge grab a trash bag or give it to somebody who needs it.Remove the products that will not help you in your goal . One thing you must do is not eat that late at night ,I know that 's hard (or I would have never gotten where I am being overweight).That's where your will power has to come in to play here,the tool is to help it won't do all the work for you .I read where you said " I get hurgry at times I shouldn't be ,and not when I should be ",now that you know that work around it eat when you should even a little then when you shouldn't be hungry it won't be . If I come off sounding mean that in not my intention . You've come along very well with losing as far as weight coming off ,but you need encouragement ,so please don't be so hard on yourself .You only will be hurting yourself in the long run .When you are hungry grab a Protein drink it should hold you over till it's meal time ,if not drink favored Water . You've put your body throgh all this ,don't give up now ,sit and think about how you felt 9months ago -10 months ago do you really want to be back there ?? I will keep you in my thoughts and hope you find your better off going at it slow and steady Best Wishes.

I'm so sorry to hear your frustration. Before I got my fill yesterday I was feeling the same way, I was starving and I could eat anything I wanted. My nutritionist told me to start with more filling Protein and if you do need a snack to eat something with a lot of protein like a South Beach Meal bar. I was eating things more like cottage cheese or cheese and they would slide through more easily. As for the working out, I get that sometimes too where I gain a little weight right when I start working out, then it starts dropping. Are you getting enough fluids? That always helps too. Good luck to you!

Well it sounds like we are just alike. I wish that I had some words of wisdom for you, but I don't. The best advice I heard was to start making changes slowly and then add on to them. I have about 6cc in a 10cc band- I do have some restriction- mainly bread- which I have cut down on. I HATE to exercise- so you have one up on me, but that will be changing in the next 2 weeks. I am afraid of going back to the doc, because I am afraid of what he will say. Another tip that I heard was- make a pot of chili, put it into one cup versions- freeze it, and when it is time to eat- heat it up with non fat sour cream and cheese- and if you want have 4 tortilla chips with it for lunch- lunch is done for the whole week PLUS it has good Protein. If you need someone to vent to- I am here- I am in the same boat, just fed up and ready for a change!!! I'll let you know how it goes.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one stuck. I was banded on 03/08 and I have only lost 30 lbs. I walk everyday and nothing. I know it has to be what I am eating, but it still drives me crazy that I am not losing. I dread going back to the doctor, b/c I am sure everyone is doing better than me.

Don't worry we are all in this togerther- for support. Also my deepest demon is that I had surgery 3 years ago and haven't lost 1 pound!!!! SO I know that things have to change- I have changed my food amounts, but there has to be more. I plan on dedicating myself to make the change for exercise, I just know that I work long hours- so it will have to be a COMPLETE committment.

If you ever need to bend an ear- I am here

You've lost fourty pound sinse May! How awesome is that!!!! Some people loose faster than others, so don't give up, and YOU HAVE TO EXCERCISE, YOU WILL NOT HAVE LASTING WEIGHT LOSS WITHOUT EXCERCISING!!!!

Also, it sounds like you need another fill, get what you need for the right restriction. When my weight loss spows down and my band gets loose before my next fill, I try to count Protein grams instead of calories- I have to eat at least 70gm per day, so I'm not thinking about what I can't have.

I feel your pain!! I am also a late night eater. I'm hungery at 10am and about 4pm, then again around 9pm. I like cereal too, but I pick high protein!!! Kashi GoLean and GoLean Crunch have mega Protein even in a 1/2 cup serving (get that measuring cup out!!) , use an Atkins vanilla RTD shake as milk and you've got a third of your protein for the day!! You don't have to give up salads and cereal, but you do have to eat your protein!!! Make your cereal heavy on the grilled chicken breast, light on the dressing. The veggies are good!! Fiber is a weightloss friend. If you need a fill, get one pronto and hang in there.:wink2: You've lost 40lbs, Celebrate it!

I found the best way is to start a daily diary of what you eat. I mean everything then when you look at it, it will change the way you look at food because you will see whats slowing you down. Remember the band is only to slow down how much you eat not what you eat. Thats up to you. Be patient, Pray GOD Bless.

That's a good idea Marshall. I've decided to do a couple of things to help me break out of this slooooooowwwww loss (or non loss lately).

1. I'm going to find out how much Water I should drink each day and each morning pour it into a container and work my way through it. If I don't do this, I sometimes totally forget to drink any until I pee and it is dark yellow.

2. I'm going to log every single thing I eat on Sparks each day to see what the fat and Protein and calories add up to. Maybe I'm kidding myself that I'm eating enough/not eating too much etc. I can barely remember what I ate each day, so it may be easy to think I'm not eating that much.

3. I already exercise, but I'm going to write that down too and see what it adds up to.

4. I'm going to be happy that I am 55 pounds less than I was when I started and rejoice in that! This is the best I've done in years so I have to be happy with the victories and not beat up on myself for the times I don't lose.

Finally I want to say that I had a plateau last year of about three or four months. I was so down, but people kept telling me how well I was looking, and how much weight they could see I'd lost. So I do believe that when we look at the scale and see no loss, it doesn't mean that our bodies haven't shifted somehow. I think that my body was gaining muscle (I am exercising) and losing weight and they were balancing each other out, but I was looking better because fat takes up more room!

Let's keep our chins up! We'll get there!

Mary

ty everyone for your encouragement..i really do appreciate it...ya'll are so kind and help me alot when I'm feeling down....hope all is going well with all my friends..

blessings

Bless your heart! Hang in there.. I don't see how you can think you are failing when you are 49 pounds lighter than you were this time last year! I have only lost 56, and am getting a little anxious about getting the rest off myself. Just hang in there.. we'll get there together!

Thank you so much for your postings! I was getting to the stage where I was thinking of having this band taken out! that it hasn't worked. I was banded on August 13th 2008 and to date haven't lost anything! still a sold 14stones :biggrin:

I do feel some restriction and I have apparently 5 1/2cc in a 10cc, I can still eat just about anything! even pizza which was my downfall to begin with AND I never seem to feel full! it makes me very depressed when I see an empty plate! and when I use a smaller plate I still am hungry and find myself floating to the kitchen again! :biggrin::crying: As last resort was going to try Meal Replacement drinks, but that defeats the purpose? I could have drank those without the band and does that mean I will have to drink them for the rest of my life?. My food lifestyle sucks! I work 12 hours a day and lunch is normally whatever I can cram in mouth and run out the door with! and of a night time all that is open is the local kebab and junk shops! I do avoid these majority of time! but the craving is still there! *sigh* What to do!

Well done to you wonderful ladies that are losing your weight! big pat on the back!, and a huge hug to you ladies that are not quite there yet!. Lots of love and warmest regards!!

xx Raven. :)

If you can still eat those large portions then you need to get back to your clinic and get another fill or two! I can only manage, if I'm lucky, to eat one piece of pizza. And then other times I will not keep it for long, it just doesn't agree with me. (and I do like it!)

I'm so sorry that this isn't working. I am a really slow loser too, I was banded in November of 08 and I've lost 55 pounds. I have another 60 to go, but I feel much better already. I wish that I was losing faster, and the scale hasn't moved much in four months, but I am tracking everything I eat and exercising five days a week. I will not let this lack of a loss defeat me! I'm going to get there in the end.

I'm going to Scotland for a wedding in October of this year and I'm going to lose another 20 pounds if it kills me! I want no hassles on that long flight from Canada. A reason that I haven't been on a plane since we moved from London, England in 2002!

Go back for a fill. The band is just there to help you, but if you are truly hungry and can eat more than a small plate, then you aren't tight enough.

Good luck!