Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

do you get a numbing agent before a fill?

Do you get a numbing agent before a fill?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you get a numbing agent before a fill?

No numbing and no pain. They've also never had any problem finding my port on the first try.

Yes, it's part of the routine and for that much money it should be!! I would not want it done without numbing.

No numbing agent. It is a little uncomfortable, but not painful. I was sore afterwords.

This is off the subject but where did you get you banner and flag. I am also a Noverber 2008 bander and I am so thankful to have it.

This is off the subject but where did you get you banner and flag. I am also a Noverber 2008 bander and I am so thankful to have it.

I made it, but forget where I did (somewhere online). You can certainly use it if you like! :thumbup: I don't mind at all. Us November bandsters have to stick together.

I receive a numbing agent, but would be okay without it.

I have 2 tubes of lidocaine that he gave me and unlimited refills. I put that on about 30 mins before appt and cover it with saran wrap... funny but it works lol. He takes it off when I get there and then he numbs it with shots to the skin.

Numbing agent! I didnt know i could get one. My first fill took my Dr. about 30 minutes to find my port. My port was so deep the had to give me a ultra sound to find it and use a 4 inch needle to fill it. I still havent been able to get a fill with a small needle yet. Does eveyone else have to lift the legs up in the air until the dr. gets the needle in the port?

:scared2:oh my gosh, i'm about 2months,2weeks post-op and have a real problem with needles. i've always had the freezing spray:smile2: with each one of my fills and really can't see myself sitting still with out it! that is not a small needle and the sight of it made me nervous, i'm coming up on my 3rd fill and i don't feel a thing or know it's in place unless he says "sit up and drink". my port is right below my largest incision and although my port site don't hurt, when he press(ultra sound) on my largest incision it's still tender. but other than that it's quick, easy, painless and takes about 5min.

bigpapa2- i've never had to lift my legs in the air until the needle was placed:unsure: my gosh!

I was so nervous for my first fill!! No numbing agent. The doctor described what he was doing as he was doing it (I closed my eyes as I did not want to watch). I absolutely did not feel ANYTHING - not even a little pinch. :)

I have had two fills and one unfill (which required being poked about five times and have never had a numbing agent. My body seems to do well and I don't seem to need one.

I don't judge those who do need it though because if the needle was going in my foot it would be a different story. I cannot handle needles in my feet at all.

I have had 6 fills/unfills and have never had anything to numb it. The dr. sometimes has trouble finding my port and once I was stuck 3 times, but it's not really anything that painful. It lasts only a second and once the needle it in, there is no discomfort. I don't see any reason to numb it, just don't look at that needle, lol!