Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op Reporting in!

Okay, it's worth it. I can say that now. After an overnight stay and enough gas to light a fireplace, I'm a happy bandster.

I'm still on liquids, and after one experience tasting a Protein Shake, I won't cheat again. That, I promise you. The discomfort is not worth it. Trust me on that one.

I'm not hungry at all. Not one bit. My tummy rumbles frequently, but I think that's gas. I still putt around, if you get my drift.

Surprisingly, I have very little pain. liquid Tylenol takes care of it very well. Okay, I'm ready for another nap. Back to bed. LOL!

Lena:thumbup:

WOW! I am so glad that it went fine for you. I will be banded on the 8th and I am excited and scared too. Keep us posted on your progress!

WOW! I am so glad that it went fine for you. I will be banded on the 8th and I am excited and scared too. Keep us posted on your progress!

(Saluting) Yes, ma'am! LOL! I wish I could burp! I never learned how to do it voluntarily, and I'm not about to drink any sort of carbonated beverage in hopes of doing so.

I do recommend the sippy cup another bandster told us about. By golly, it's great! I gulped from a regular mug ONCE and learned an important lesson.

Oh, and keep the tummy pillow handy. I have a minor cough and pressing the pillow firmly against my stomach helps.

Tomorrow will be my first legal MR shake. I'm measuring one ounce at a time and sipping very, very slowly. The change of pace will be very nice.

Lena

Edited by voiceomt2002
spelling error

Glad things went well and you are doing ok! I go in for surgery next monday, 1/12, and appreciate reading your post! Hope things become less gassy for you, and hope to read continued updatdes from you!

Glad things went well and you are doing ok! I go in for surgery next monday, 1/12, and appreciate reading your post! Hope things become less gassy for you, and hope to read continued updatdes from you!

The gas went away in one night! Just as I was getting ready for bed last night, I was surprised with the intense need to run to the bathroom. Whew! Let's just call it an explosive moment. LOL! My dog looked at me like I'd just turned purple or something. "Whoa, did that come out of you, Mommy?" (giggle!)

This morning I awakened with little to no shoulder pain at all, and much more freedom of movement. Occasionally, I still need to burp, but it's no longer quite so uncomfortable. In fact, as long as I'm slow and careful, I'm moving with much more freedom today.

Today was my first cup of coffee, and I'm savoring the taste after way too many broths, Jell-o, and Popsicles. LOL! Later, I may cautiously try an ounce or two of Meal Replacement shake. The coffee is enough of a pleasure, for now.

Lena

Well, I sure hope things go as smoothly for me as they have for you!

My day is TOMORROW!!!!:wink_smile: Wish me luck! I'll let ya'll know how my experience compares.

Congratulations on the big step and thanks for sharing the good news. I'm still battling a mild case of nerves and this helps so much.

I'm scheduled for Jan. 27 and I've been on the liquid diet since Jan. 1.

Keep us posted as things go. We're supporting you!

A month on the liquid diet?! :thumbup:

A month of liquid only? EEEK!

Lena

Congrats on the smooth recovery:thumbup: I am hopping on the bandwagon next week. Actually a week from today to be exact!

I'm SO excited but this pre-op diet sucks. I'm currently on day 4 of my 10 days required. I will probably never want Jell-o again:) LOL

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you're doing well!!

Another little trick that's helping me through my Liquid Phase is to make homemade broth. I'm getting a much more satisfying flavor and a bit more appetite suppression when I make my own.

Yesterday, for instance, we had a Crock Pot Beef Roast. Of course I couldn't enjoy the vegetables and beef, but I certainly could ladle out a bit of the broth and wait for the fat to congeal so I could remove it. An hour or so in the refrigerator, and I had a savory broth to reheat and sip upon.

Tonight, I'm serving Vegetable Soup to my family. An hour before dinner, I'll strain a bit of broth for myself and again put it in the fridge to get rid of any excess fat.

This won't work every day of course, but it certainly helps. I'll be glad to rise Saturday and try soft foods.

Lena

This is Glenda Reporting in after surgery yesterday morning. I took a long time in recovery because of my nausea problem. I get real bad sick. Got a lot of sleep last night and this morning. I'm slowly puttering around today. I have been praying for Chrissy and Stephanie. Hope you ladies are doing well. I will be much more interesting tomorrow...

I am so glad everyone so far is going great. I am getting my band in the morning. I am very scared and excited. I just hope things goes very well for me in the morning. Keep me in my prayers. And I will for everyone else.