Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone have back pain after surgery? This is mid back area.

It is killing me today. Anyone have any idea if this is something or just normal healing?

As far I could tell, it was gas pain. I had it for about a week, on and off, not all the time. As most people say the more you walk the faster the gas will go! Good luck

This feels like a muscle spasm? I dont know...but it hurts like heck. There is no position to get comfy in...none. I am walking so I'm not sure what else I can do.

~teary eyed~

Poodles

Its just gas pains, believe it or not. You will feel it in your back, neck, and arm. I thought it was the chair I was sitting in. Take some gas X and walk as much as you can. It will help

The mid back pain hurt more than my sugery cuts! The nurse said it could be the way that I was positioned on the operation table and then I had to just lay on my back for about 2 days in the hospital, so could be that too.

My back hurt so bad, I was in so much pain for a about a week or two. I think a lot of people get back pain after surgery for a few days or so.

Yes, I think it is the gas that I am experiencing. Thank you guys for answering my questions and being supportive. I appreciate it very much.

I had it too, and it scared the poo out of me because I was not expecting it. I was ready for gas, and pain at the incession, but this was something different. I asked the surgeon about it and he said it was something about being paralyzed on the table and the operating table not giving at all. Good luck and hope it passes soon.

Usually when they do lap surgery, they inject the abdomen with gas so they can see better what they are doing... the gas gets trapped and causes pressure on the diaphragm. This gives referred pain in the back, shoulders and sometimes down the arm. It will work itself out.

I haven't had my lap yet, but I have had several abdominal surgeries... It really hurts, sometimes more than the surgery itself.

You should be doing better soon!:tt2:

Mine always hurts, but it was even worse for a couple weeks after surgery. I was told that it often happens and it's not the gas!!!!! It does go away after the first few weeks.

I had severe back pain after my surgery and it was the only "real" pain I had.

My surgeon said it looks like my port was attached on top of some nerves that run to the spot in my back that was hurting. That seemed odd to me at the time, but it did fade in time. However, upon accessing my port for my first fill, the pressure of that triggered the exact same back pain in the exact same spot, so I guess there is some credibility to it.

I was very relieved when the pain went away. It never bothers me now.

I was banded 12/29 and had very minor pain from the incisions compared to the pain in my neck, shoulders and back. At first they told me it was gas, but i know its not. I could feel the gas moving in me in the recovery room and then it just passed. Now its 1 full week later and i'm in a lot of pain. I think it was the way i was positioned on the table.

I had back pain after surgery and it continued for a few weeks. I would use a heating pad when I slept and that helpped. I thought maybe when they moved me from the bed to the surgical table something twisted. It finally went away until I had my first fill. The pain came back off and on for a few days. I didcussed this with my surgeon and he just brushed it off. Said maybe it is muscle pain? I never had this prior to having the band.

I had surgery 12/30 and the back pain was horrible! It lasted like that for a few days and now it is off and on but it seems worse right after I have eaten or drink anything. I'm still on yogurt and pudding and the likes so I dunno....hopefully from what I'm reading it will eventually go away completely. I do wish I would have been prepared for that though. It hurts so bad afterwards I was wondering, "What the heck did I get myself into???" Now it's not too bad.