Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Molly,

Sorry not to reply earlier. I cannot comment on the balloon as I do not know anything about it. I was banded on 25th January but I have not had my first fill yet, that comes on 9th March. My operation went well and I just had some discomfort for a few days afterwards but I am fine now. I am looking forward to my first fill soon. My scars are small and are healing well. They will fade in time and i would rather have small scars than one large one. There is only you can decide what is best for you. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Snow princess, you are doing really well, keep it up and well done!

good that you've done it!

hope your 1st fill was fine

and how is your weight loss!

better you go to the gym to loss more and firm your body:thumbup:

Hi Guys m soo glad i came across this thread..m a resident of Dubai as well and recently got my PR for canada..but currently in dubai. I live alone in Canada, so was considering have lap band done here in dubai where my family is...can anyone recommend me surgeons....m realli veryy scared as i have been overweight almost all my life or atleast as long as i can remember...also would love to get in touch with ppl here who got banned already...any tips or nething i should realli know before i go for it?

Hello,

I am new to this forum, and will be new to Abu Dhabi when I complete our move in Aug. I am looking forward to linking up with other lap band ladies, and to find a good dr./ clinic where I can go for future fills.

Had my lap band done in 07 and am very happy.

Cheers!:lol:

Hey Mommacb, welcome to this form and welcome to UAE:)...i must say this is a very quiet thread..i dont reside in Abu Dhabi but will try and find out information for u soon regarding fills in Abu Dhabi...i live in Dubai(well my family does and i was born and raised here soo know most of Dubai and around) in Dubai there is Emirates Hospital where Dr Chris De Bruyne is the surgeon, he is from belgium and comes to dubai only for lapband surgeries once a month and his team( Dr Roger Batrouni) takes care of the after care of the patient...i know for fact they do fills for patients who have not done surgery with them but price m not definate abt (500-600 per fill) for their patients its 250-300 per fill after 3 months....but there are other hospitals that do surgeries here as well but m not sure abt the fills...belhoul hospital and american hospital..

I hope i was of some help..

Akheya

Akheya,

Thanks so much for the note, I will keep that in mind. Nice to know that I've made a new friend before I ever arrive there! Cheers

Hello mommacb, try alnoor Hospital in Abu dhabi for your fills. i am from Abudhabi but i had my surgery in emirates hospital and planning to have the fills there too. But I’ve heard in Abu dhabi there is a doctor, he’s name is (Abdulsalam) ~I think and he is good at gastric surgeries and filling.:confused:

hello ,

:redface:new member in this website and in lap-band life ...

so if any one from uae we can share our experiance:blush:

see ya

Hi Snow princes i was trying to find some one from Abu Dhabi to talk to, i live in USA and planing to go to Abu Dhabi soon and i need help with some information about the lap band .....i do not know if u can help me to find out the cost of the surgery and a good or profotional surgent to do it?

did u do the surgery? if yes how is it going?

thank u .

hi fatama i m magie from egypt , ireally wanna know where did u get band who is ur sergon , address of the sergon , cost u know the details as i ve been looking for that for quite a long time finally i find someone from egypt , i am from alex by the way but i can go to cairo

Hi Snow princes i was trying to find some one from Abu Dhabi to talk to, i live in USA and planing to go to Abu Dhabi soon and i need help with some information about the lap band .....i do not know if u can help me to find out the cost of the surgery and a good or profotional surgent to do it?

did u do the surgery? if yes how is it going?

thank u .

i know one hosptal in ad can do it its al noor hospita the cost is almost 25000 dhs ... the surgen is dr abul salam :wink:

hape that was helpful

hi there

i've been to dr roger and dr christian at emirates hopsital in dubai on jumeirah beach road. they really know what theyr are doing. 34grand is the price. i had it done in germany but had a leek and the two of them sorted me out. they replaces my port yesterday. they are great. go for it. call me if you'd like to talk. 0505027532 Carol

hello ,

:redface:new member in this website and in LAP-BAND® life ...

so if any one from uae we can share our experiance:blush:

see ya

Hi all,

New here and I was looking for people in the UAE. I live in Dubai and met with Dr. Gabby Wazz and Dr. Abdulsalam al taie. I am considering the Lapband or the Sleeve. love to hear your experience with the lap. Thanks