Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I feel horrible 10 days out!

Can anyone give me some advice? I am 10 days out and this started yesterday. I have a headache, am shaking, dizzy, nautious, tired, weak, and just feel like crap. If I didn't know any better, I would say my blood sugar is low. I am eating oatmeal, cottage cheese, yogurt, and creamed Soups. I also am having 2-3 Protein Shakes a day as well. I am on antinautious patch, and vit. suppliments. What is wrong? I am starving and feel like I could pass out at any minute. Please- I am supposed to go to a concert tonight, but worried I will pass out if I stand up too long. Help please!!

Oh that is horrible! I too am 10 days post-op. I feel great though - I just started creamy Soups today. I had to do 7 days Clear liquids...I got to add drinkable yogurt two days ago. Today I had a cup of mushroom (no chunks) Soup. Thats all I get.

I also had some Jello for a little extra sugar - needed a little yesturday. When I am feeling tired - I just down some chicken Soup (no chunks) or Jello.< /p>

I had my surgery by dr.matinez (OCC dr.ortiz) on the 22nd so of course my instructions are different than yours though.

I hope you feel better! sorry I am no real help

I just ate 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and don't feel any better. Not full, still hungry and dizzy. I am going to try to drink a lot of drinks with the hope something will work... Please keep the suggestions coming. I will try anything!

i felt the same way i totally understand what your going through i dont know why it happens i tried a anti nausating pill prescription and it made it worse. all i can say is it will pass there wasnt any way for me to get rid of it. i think it might be that our body took that way to get use to the band. just to let you know it took me about a month to get over it but after a month it will be gone. i know that is not the answer you wanted to hear but i didnt know any other way to get rid of it i just slept alot to get passed it.

Are you taking any blood pressure medication?

Please call your doctor. I hope you feel better soon!

I'm so sorry! I'm 8 days post op & have had a couple of small problems. I got to come home the day of surgery, but the next evening I started getting nausious & then vomiting. I went back to the emergency room just in case & apparently I wasn't drinking enough fluids? They gave me some nausea medicine & two bags of IV. I immediately felt better. Maby it is what you need too? I would call your surgeons office. Best of luck to you.

Sha

Honestly, that sounds like the flu!

Thanks for all your advice. I am having bad hunger side effects. I was able to get past it after drinking more Protein shakes, drinking tea, and having more Soup. I ate enough to feel more full. I started to feel better and then did a blood sugar test (115) which was fine.

I am not on any blood pressure medicine. I am pretty sure is was a blood sugar problem. I have this problem with every diet I have ever gone on where I cut carbs. Somehow I thought the band would be different.

I had some cream of onion soup, that filled me up until I drank some Water. I think that will be my biggest problem- not drinking with meals.

How long before I can eat pureed meats? usually 4 weeks right?

Hi there, I'm a long way past 10 days having been banded in October 2007. However I would suggest that the best way to get a good varied diet at this stage is to make yourself some homemade Soup using lots of fresh vegetables, some chicken stock, and good quality olive oil. you could put some bacon in too. I would include potatoes or lentils for the carbs. When all is cooked blend so it's nice and smooth and eat that. It's a great way to fill up and shouldn't cause any issues. If you know that cutting out carbs causes problems then, don't cut them out completely.

I have kept pretty much to my old diet - just eat much less than I used to. I'm prepared for my weight loss to take a long time (I'm thinking maybe three years) so I can live my life, not count calories, still drink red wine and generally be normal. It's working, I'm down 25kg and feeling good.

Stick with it and start thinking about ways to work with the band. Good luck.

Hi, I empathize with you. I was banded December 5. I had your same symptoms for 2 weeks straight. Additionally, my stomach was in so much pain. Part of that I'm sure was excess gas. However, you must know your own body. I knew that I needed to get some solid food in my stomach for the pain to stop so that is exactly what I did. After 2 weeks of liquids, etc., I ate some soft vegetables and some fish. That did the trick. Those flu like symptoms diminished and I have continued to eat that way since. I haven't gained weight, but the loss is slow. Nonetheless, I do feel good with the way I'm eating. Good luck on your journey.