Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Manitoba anyone?

hi everyone,. my fiance is looking in on having the lap band surgery she is just over 300 lbs and wants to get it do, we want to find out how much the procedure cost cuz i am the only one with an income and we have a 3 years old daughter aswell. would also like to know if they have any payment plans. please can someone tell me how much the whole thing costs

thanks Adrien

Hi Everyone! Wow haven't posted here in ages. How is everyone doing? I'm 2 years out this April. I've lost 70 pounds and am gaining and losing the same 10 pounds over and over again now. I have 20 more to go until goal. Guess I should buckle down and do it. I'm hoping that with summer and more activity things go a bit better.

I feel older and wiser with the band, and agree that it's not a solution but only a tool. Those 10 pounds that keep coming on and off are due to slider foods that I can't seem to say no to. I would do it all again because I'm a slimmer happier more confident person, but there sure were more hurdles than I thought there would be.

One really good thing about the band is it's ability to be un filled. I had surgery and radiation treatment in the fall for cancer (all seems to be well now) and having the option to become unrestricted with a godsend as I recovered. The cancer was in the lymph nodes in my neck and throwing up would have really hurt.

Anyways, all is well, hope to see lots of posting on this thread!

Hey Moonbeam, I find myself in the same boat as you. Losing and gaining the same ten pounds.....dang slider foods! I'm hoping this spring and summer will get me back into the groove. I do feel wonderful with the 90 lbs gone even though that's only half way to my goal * sigh* I'm the only one who can re-kick start this! As to Kedorby, your best bet is to talk to Jen at the Maples about financing arrangements. I had to pay up front but not sure if other methods are accepted. Good Luck to you, even though I may be struggling some I'm sooooooo glad I had the surgery!

Hello Everyone,

I am looking at having surgery at Maples Surgical Centre this year and I would like to know how the surgery went for you?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Connie

Hi Connie, I can't say enough about how happy I am that I had the surgery. It's not a miracle procedure, but a wonderful tool that can help you achieve your weight loss goals. The doctors and staff especially Terri and Jen are very supportive and great sources of information to help you. As I've said before I have my struggles but over all am very pleased with what I've achieved thus far. Good Luck in your journey.