Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!! December bander, Liquid Diet

Hello everyone, thank you for all of your support, I am sorry to say that after only 4 days I couldnt take it any more. I talked to my dietitian and she has given me some other things to do that may help, but with nine days until surgery who knows I may have blown it, I didnt eat a lot, but I ate nonetheless, I am hoping that my primary will give me something to help curve my hunger. I am sorry guys, thanks for all your support, I thought I was prepared for the absence of food, because I only ate once a day anyway, but my plan did not work out the way I had hoped, I will start over with my last nine days, I ate this morning when I got off work:mad: (I am really upset with my self) so I start all over again. I will keep you guys informed on my progress. thank you all again, keep me in your prayers :biggrin:

I cheated one day I am sorry to say. It was a day I was home sick with severe constapation. It was so bad, I still am having trouble and bleed everytime. I kept thinking that if I was eating taco bell, this wouldn't be happening. So I ate a handful of nacho chips. I felt horrible. That was last week, and I hope it doesn't affect my surgery.

I am on day 5 of my 7 day liquid diet. I get banded on Dec 22. It does get better. On the second day I didn't think I would make it. But, I stuck to it and remembered this is only for one week out of my life. I'm self pay also. So, I have 14,000 at stake. That has been a lot of incentive for me. Stick to what your doctor said, and remember what the reward will be in the end. :laugh:

You might check into Protein waters like Special K2O that should be available at your local grocery store.

Also look into the broths, chicken broth and Beef broth. Those are Clear Liquids and have some Protein in them too.

My opinion on Protein Drinks. Honestly they all taste awful. So get the most Protein per 8 ounce for your buck then gauge by caloric count. Hold your nose and drink. They do fill you up and take the edge off your hunger.

Hey Gang,

I am on a 2 week liquid diet- the last 2 days will be Clear liquids.

I don't think I have ever done anything so difficult! I also picked the worst time of year- all the goodies being brought into work!! :lol:

BUT! I am so thankful to have been approved by my insurance company.. there are so many who are denied! And I think about them and how blessed I am to be getting my band... then I choke down another Protein shake and go find something else to do. I also think about how much easier it will be when my band is in place- I want this so much I refuse to sabotage myself!

:laugh:

Good luck and I wish everyone on the dreaded liquid Increased Willpower!

~Steph:thumbup:

You might check into Protein waters like Special K2O that should be available at your local grocery store.

Also look into the broths, chicken broth and Beef broth. Those are Clear Liquids and have some Protein in them too.

Thanx I will remember that. After 2 days of my 3 days I came down with bronchitus (damn CA weather) and so I had to postpone my banding until I am better. Since I see what I am up against I will be better prepared for the next time. Do you recommend anything special with the Special K20 in the way of flavor? Chilled or ice cold? Diluted?:laugh:

Thanx I will remember that. After 2 days of my 3 days I came down with bronchitus (damn CA weather) and so I had to postpone my banding until I am better. Since I see what I am up against I will be better prepared for the next time. Do you recommend anything special with the Special K20 in the way of flavor? Chilled or ice cold? Diluted?:laugh:

Well the Special K2O I would go with it nice and cold. But for the most part I went with the broths. Just added a little salt and pepper to them and I at least felt more like I was having a meal. Oh and low sodium broth is highly recommended even though I added some salt to taste.

hey guys, I did it!!!!! I made it through, I got banded on the 29th of Dec. I did ok in the hospital, but when I got home, I felt lots of pain, I am now battling a UTI (urinary tract infection) from the foley that was placed, whenever I drink on the pouch gets a little full, it feels like its pressing on a nerve and I have this pain through my shoulder up to my neck, and if that isnt enough, my doctor put my port right up under my left breast on the top of my stomach, so now the edge of my bra rubs against it, and when I dont have one on, my boobies :) are swinging and pelting up against it, and when I sit down and my fat folds over it, it feels like I am about to rip it loose. this is not how I imagined my beginning, but my blood pressure is down, and I have lost 12 lbs already, so I am taking this all in stride. I go to the DR. in two weeks, I will tell him about the pain in my neck, but I dont know if I want to have the fill if the pain does not dissipate. has any one else experienced any similar problems

Congratulations! I can honestly tell you the first 2 weeks (especially the first few days) are the hardest. It does get easier. Is the pain in your neck or closer to your shoulder? I get pain in the left shoulder right next to my neck. I know its gas pain from everything the doctor has told me. I got it the first few days everytime I took a sip. It really helps to get up and walk around. Make sure you aren't having anything carbonated. I heard it makes it worse.

I am three weeks out. I have lost 19 pounds and I feel great! I don't have any fill. I get my first fill on the 22nd. But my pants are loose and my stomach is flat for the first time in years!

Keep us updated on your progress! It does get better!