Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your BMI on the day of surgery?

What was your BMI on the day of surgery? (private poll - names not printed)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What was your BMI on the day of surgery? (private poll - names not printed)

• Less than 30 (you never know...)
    • 30-35
    • 35-37
    • 38-40
    • 41-43
    • 44-46
    • 47-49
    • 50-52
    • 53-55
    • 56-58
    • 59-60
    • More than 60

49.2 on the 18th... steady dropping (peep the ticker)

WOW!!!! That's awesome! What did you do?

I lived in the gym lol :tongue2:! I hate it but I think it has helped a lot. It has slowed down these last few weeks, I am no losing about 1 to 2 pounds a week which is great of course. I work out about 5 to 6 times a week for 2 to 3 hours.

was banded barely below 50 bmi.. now I sit at 37. Still unhealthy but a huge drop im so happy about. I do feel the band has been successful for me in achieving weightloss, healthy eating, and a more healthy me. Some of the medical problems however are not being resolved, which just means they arent related to my weight. But i will be more healthy to deal with them! Ive 67 pounds in almost 4 pounds and feel so much better. This has changed my life and I am forever grateful

Wow Jodi, you're doing awesome! I had my surgery the end of last May also....However, I have not lost a bunch yet but I am 1/2 way there anyway. This just may take awhile. Started at 32 BMI, currently 28.

I was at 40.5, my current is on my ticker. I'm just about 6 weeks post op and LOVING the results (with no fill). I'm so thankful I was able to have the surgery and it's working (so far). I'm just afraid one day it will stop working and I'll gain my weight back, then I think NO WAY did I go through all this for nothing!!!

My BMI pre-op in March 2007 was 62.2

As of April 17, it is down to 47.5

I got a long way to go, but came a long way too!:smile:

My Highest BMI: 48.3 (295lbs/134kg):)

(Thats when i decided to draw the line and started my journey to bandland!!)

Surgery Weight/BMI: 47.1 (287.7lbs/130.7kg):wink:

Current BMI: 27.9 (170lbs/77.2kg):rolleyes:

My BMI from the start to the current has come down 20.4 points!!! (Down 125lbs/56.8kg)

Thats the bmi of a normal weight person lol.. then again the amount of weight lost is equal to a normal size adult woman.. scary when you put it into words like these.. i was carrying the weight of two people on my back and legs and my heart and other organs worked to support two people instead of one... wow what a risk it is to be obese... i never really thought of it that way until now!!!:wink: