Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's for Dinner Tonight?

Hey Guys!

I thought this would be a really cool thing to do. What did you have for dinner tonight? This will give us ideas of what to eat and how much. Help us keep ourself in check.

I have a 3.5 oz hamburger pattie, but only ate about half.

Yesterday I had a cheese omelet, it was very good! :)

Both of them sound great. I think I might have the chili for lunch tomorrow, I hear Wendy's has great chili!. The other sounds good for dinner. Breakfast is always better at night. Are you guys going by oz per serving or you trying to get s certain amount of carlories in a day or both? I have not lost in two weeks. Some people say you have to have 1200 calories a day to loose. Im not sure, no eating anything high in carbs or sugar, no eating much at all. Do you think this is why I have not lost?

Last night I had 1/2 c. cottage cheese with a scoop of hamburger and spaghetti sauce on top and a side of about 1 T. of corn. Tonight, I'm having 1 egg beater made into an omelet with a little extra powdered milk added in and filled with a dab of low fat cream cheese and 1/2 piece whole wheat toast. Tomorrow it is Trader Joe's cream of Tomato and roasted red pepper Soup with a dollop of sour cream and 1 T. shredded cheese. :smile2: I'm focusing on Protein but I also try to get either some fruit, veggie, or whole grain at each meal, too.

I try to do the 1/2 cup of food that we're allowed, but sometimes I go a little over. I eat until I'm satisfied...but not full. It's been working for me. I didn't loose for about 2 weeks either and I stepped on the scale today and I'm down 4lbs this week.

I don't typically measure my food. I just eat until I am full. It averages to about 1/2 cup of food, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less (eggs).

I have been steadily losing. I had stalled a bit when I went to mushies but picked back up again when I had my first fill and moved to solids. The one big change is that I ramped up my Protein intake with a shake every morning and every evening. The scales are moving again now. I wonder if I was not getting enough calories and it had caused me to stall.

Tonight, we went out for Mexican and I had a bit of cheese smothered chicken and steak, a few chips and salsa, and Water with lemon and lime. I shared with my husband who ate the bulk of the meal.

I have been eating an egg or two at some point during the day with a bit of salsa and sour cream added.

I also went to McDonald's the other day and ordered a four piece chicken nugget and small fry. I ate 2 chicken nuggets and about three fries and was full. I had the rest for lunch the next day.

I am just careful with how much I eat but pretty much am eating like everyone else now with a smaller portion.

I made a taco salad, without the taco. :tt2:

Layer of ground beef, layer of ff refried Beans, layer of 2% 4-cheese Mexican shreds. Melt the cheese, then top with diced onions, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, chunky mild salsa and a dollop of sour cream. :sad:

I could have used a few of the Baked Tostitos scoops as a bed for my taco stuff, those aren't too bad for you. But I nixed the chips last night.

Did you know that chunky salsa is naturally fat free and low calorie??? The only thing bad about it is the sodium content! :thumbup:

I have been eating an egg or two at some point during the day with a bit of salsa and sour cream added.

That is fabulous isn't it?? I've been making scrambled eggs on the weekend for DH and I, but I add diced onions and diced ham. Topped with sour cream and salsa...pure heaven. And lots of protein! :thumbup:

I love the Lettuce Wraps at PF Changs, so I made my own version of them. Heres the recipe and the nutrition info that i obtained from the nutrition website. I made the turkey last night and it was fantastic!!! I was not able to eat 2 full wraps, but did eat one and a half.

Enjoy!!!

Rhonda (aka TklMeSkinny)

Lettuce Wraps - Makes 4 servings

½ lb ground chicken, turkey, lean hamburger, or pork

½ Cup finely diced carrots

½ Cup finely diced green peppers

½ Cup finely diced broccoli

½ Cup finely diced mushrooms

1 Tbsp soy sauce (use low sodium)

1 Tbsp Lee & Perrins sauce

1 tsp Montreal chicken seasoning

1 tsp Garlic Herb seasoning

Salt & Pepper to taste

Fry all together in a fry pan, breaking up the meat into as small of a piece as possible while cooking. Suggest that you use low sodium soy sauce.

Nutrition Info:

Ground Turkey:

Calories: 121

Fat: 5

Carbs: 8

Protein: 13

Ground Chicken:

Calories: 116

Fat: 4

Ground Beef (90% lean):

Calories: 164

Fat: 6

Protein: 19

Ground Pork:

Calories: 202

Fat: 12

Protein: 17

Edited by TklMeSkinny

I love the Lettuce Wraps at PF Changs, so I made my own version of them. Heres the recipe and the nutrition info that i obtained from the nutrition website. I made the turkey last night and it was fantastic!!! I was not able to eat 2 full wraps, but did eat one and a half.

Enjoy!!!

Rhonda (aka TklMeSkinny)

Salt & Pepper to taste

Fry all together in a fry pan, breaking up the meat into as small of a piece as possible while cooking. Suggest that you use low sodium soy sauce.

Nutrition Info:

Ground Turkey:

Ground Chicken:

Ground Beef (90% lean):

Ground Pork:

Wow that sounds great! Well an update, I have had my second fill and there are some thing I can not eat now. I miss my eggs in the morning. I cant eat in the mornings, too tight, so I drink my protien shake for Breakfast. I have kinda hit were I am not loosing so much, so I have started this week eating a Lien Cuisine for lunch and dinner. This way I can have calorie control.....ohh and CHICKEN DONT LIKE ME:cursing:....EAT MORE FISH...lol

Good Luck!

Enjoy!!!

Rhonda (aka TklMeSkinny)

Salt & Pepper to taste

Nutrition Info:

Ground Turkey:

Ground Chicken:

Ground Beef (90% lean):

Ground Pork:

Sounds yummy! What kind of lettuce did you use?

I actually used a bag of 'shreds' from the grocery store sometimes. Romaine and Leaf lettuce both give me heartburn/gas, or they used to before my surgery. Havent been brave enough to try them since i was banded.

I've had 3 fills now, i'm up to 5.6cc in my 10cc band, and i've had problems with boiled eggs, not scrambled or fried (in Pam of course!). And no problem with chicken, pork, or beef. But fish! NO WAY! Have tried 3 times with grilled fish and all three times it has stuck very badly! Canned tuna is fine, it just the 'real' stuff that sticks on me.

I do the same thing in the morning, have an Atkins shake. And i buy them online so i have lots of flavors to choose from!

Enjoy the wraps! I love them!