Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cali Bandsters Unite!!

Donna, I took your advice and found the name of a lady who coordinates our local support groups... I will be calling her soon. You gave me the courage to be the "outsider"!! Thank you.... I hope it works out as well for me as it has for you. Thanks for sharing your experiences!!

Karen

Hey Karen , THAT'S AWSESOME!!!! Good for you , you won't regret it!!

and if that group doesnt suit YOU ...find another , find 2 or 3....you are worth it, who know maybe you will find a friend to go to Seatle bash with or Dr. Kuri's bash in Mexico.

I actually have been 2 years to Kuri's bash , haven't made it to Seatle bash yet , Canadian bash sounds great also.

I'm so happy you are willing to take a chance!!!

Donna Q.

Hi Donna,

Thanks again!! I called and found a group that meets the 1st Tues of each month. They sound like they have alot of fun, so hopefully it will be what I am looking for. Thanks for giving me the shove I needed!! You are great!!

Karen

Hey Cali Bandster, Lodi is 60 miles from me. I just got banded Nov 10 06. My first fill is this Friday in san jose. A little nervous and kinda discouraged reading about fills not working or working to well. I just want to get this thing started. Do u get your fills up in San Fran?

Just thought I'd say hello here from around Lodi! I was banded by Dr. John Feng on 2/2/06 and am doing well so far...a bit hungry though!

Kelli

Hey California Bandsters!

My name is Karen, but I go by kj. I'm 48, I live in San Diego and I was Banded on 11/29/06 in Long Beach, by Dr. Milton Owens.

I absolutely love my band!~

I had my first fill Thursday 12/21 5cc

I was a little slow with reducing my carb intake, (I really thought I could lose weight like I used to) Anyway I am really on board with the low carb program, and I feel like I'm slowly but surely figuring out how this will all work for me!

Happy to be here- Let me know if theres any of you who are close to San Diego!

I live in Fortuna (N. Cal near Eureka) and was banded on November 21, 2006 by Dr. Jossart at Good Samaritan in San Jose. It has been a great experience so far. I have lost 35 lbs (stuck here for 1 week though) and getting my first fill on Friday. I can't wait for the fill since I am having no restriction. 4 more days. :biggrin1: Would love to find support people.

:clap2: Hi my fellow californians I am one week bande and filled done in mexico TJ by doctor Ramos Kelly I live in McCloud California by Mt Shasta would love to talk to people and have a support team:biggrin1:

SF Bay Area here, I live just south of San Francisco and that's where I had my surgery.

Yay to see some signs of life on the California board!!

Looks like just Vera and me from up North!

Hi all of you Californians,

I'm from Sacramento. I am having my surgery on January 25,2007 with Dr. Cirangle at the Greenbrea Surgery Center. I am so nervous! How is it going for all of you?

Edie

212/212/130

Wow-35 llbs-way to go!!! I have been eating lots of protein- -trying to limit carbohydrates, I feel best with Protein. :hungry: I am 4 weeks out and I can pretty much eat anything-not much restriction. I have my first fill on Jan. 25th -6 weeks out. I have lost 16 lbs thus far. Keep talking with us...

Good luck on teh 25th Edie-the surgery is not bad at all-do all they tell you to. Get up and walk right away-helps with blood clots and pneumonia-good luck...

Thanks monicailer! I can not wait for that fill. I think I'm getting a little obsessive about it. Really can't wait. Doc is only here once a month though.

Good luck EdieDay. You are with a good group of physicians. My surgery was great. Let us know how it goes. Remember that the day before is liquids only and nothing with red food dye. Jello counts as a liquid!

Thanks monicailer! I can not wait for that fill. I think I'm getting a little obsessive about it. Really can't wait. Doc is only here once a month though.

Good luck EdieDay. You are with a good group of physicians. My surgery was great. Let us know how it goes. Remember that the day before is liquids only and nothing with red food dye. Jello counts as a liquid!

Thanks for telling me about the red food dye. I probably would have eaten strawberry jello and ruined the whole thing. I have a slight cold and I'm calling the dr. tomorrow to see if it's a problem.

It's nice to hear from others from No. CA. although we seem to be pretty spread out.

Edie

Start taking Airborne now. I was really worried about getting a cold because I work at a school. I took Airborne and stayed cold free. If possible start taking it today. You need to catch it quick.

Start taking Airborne now. I was really worried about getting a cold because I work at a school. I took Airborne and stayed cold free. If possible start taking it today. You need to catch it quick.

Thank you for the advice. I'll go out and pick some up this evening.

Edie in Sacramento, CA