Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I was banded on sept 29,2008. I was wondering if anyone else was banded around the same time? What is your progress and also what are you eating? Everything w/out restriction like myself. I am not feeling full unless I eat alot so I am stoping myself but am not feeling satisfied, anyone else here w/me?

I had my first fill 11-10-08 2cc no restriction after the first 2 days.:)

And here I thought I was alone. I had my first fill last week - I am now at 3.4cc; I don't feel any restrictions. My surgery was on Oct 23rd and since then, I have lost 16lbs...slowly but surely. I watch what I am eating, and when I full, I stop. But, I wished that the fill would help me more than that. I hear people taking 2 bites and being full...I can take more than 2 bites, beleive me, before I can feel full. I eat pretty much everything, but in smaller quantities...I do stay away from any Pasta, pizza and such and fill up on veggies, Soups, yogurts.

Cathy

202/186/145

l was banded 9/12 and got my first fill very early Nov..l have a 14cc band, they gave me 4cc in my band..l had immediate restriction...l went back two weeks later and got 1 more CC for the total of 5cc...l have great restriction..l've lost 36 lbs since then...Feeling great..l CAN NOT eat more than 4oz and most days l struggle with 4oz....restriction will come..My sister was banded the week before with a 14cc band and has a total of 8cc in her band, no restriction..DON'T give up hope it will get better...just keep getting fills until you are happy...l love my band..lts more than a best friend....

Good Luck...

How do you know when your fill really works? Do you feel full right away? How did you know to go for another fill after two weeks? I'm just really curious to find out if I'm doing the right thing.

I was banded on 9-30-08 and am down 22 pounds right now. Sure is going slower than I wanted but it is going. I had my 1st fill on 11-07 of 3cc's and had a little restriction for a few days, then nothing. Went back for my 2nd fill on 12-1-08 and he put in another 1.5cc's. I have good restriction now, but am going in on 12-16 for my 3rd fill. I just want a little bit more and I think I will be good.

Edited by JUKU

I was banded on 9/30. Have lost 35 lbs so far with several plateaus of 2 weeks or more. Have 2 fills for a total of 5 ccs in a 10cc band, and have a fill on 12/29.

Hi i was banded on 5th september have 5.75mls fill and a 10ml band have lost 49lbs since the op but have NO restriction at all have been losing and gaining the same 5lbs for 3wks now im so disappointed having no restriction

I was banded 9-16, I've had two fills. I go next week wednesday for another. I have 2.2 ccs in a 10 cc band. I've had some bumps along the way thanks to stress. I've lost since surgery 18 pounds. I'm pms-ing, so I have gained 2 pounds this week (UGH!). Anyway, I'm struggling too.

teri

I was banded 9-23 and lost 20 pounds in the first month, since 10-27 I have lost 6 pounds. I am exercising and I am eating between 800-1200 calories a day. I document everything I eat, as well as weigh it. I have good restriction, I am not usually hungry in the morning, hungry at lunch but can not eat a lot. dinner time is same as lunch. I force myself to consume those calories. I do not eat sweets that often. My weight is all Portion Control, so I dont know why I am not losing. I can eat everything and anything, I eat Pasta, filet mignon, salad, nuts, crispy bakery bread, I was never a big sandwich eater so that is good. I dont feel like I am missing out on any one type of food..

I do have a slight problem though, since I have had the lap band I have had two kidney stones...anyone else have this issue?

Hi All. I was banded on 19th Sept. Since then I have lost about 10 kgs or 20 pounds. It's slow but I'm coming to terms with that! I have had two fills and with both I had restriction for about a week and then it loosened up a bit. I have no idea how many cc's I have or what cc total my band is. I am going for another fill in early January, which I hope will put me in a better position. During restriction phases after my fills I ate a lot less, but after that, where I am right now, I have found I can eat pretty much anything apart from bread. Old habits do creep in, but I am trying and that's all I can do! I also have to get off my bum and do some exercise!!!

I was banded 9-23 and lost 20 pounds in the first month, since 10-27 I have lost 6 pounds. I am exercising and I am eating between 800-1200 calories a day. I document everything I eat, as well as weigh it. I have good restriction, I am not usually hungry in the morning, hungry at lunch but can not eat a lot. dinner time is same as lunch. I force myself to consume those calories. I do not eat sweets that often. My weight is all Portion Control, so I dont know why I am not losing. I can eat everything and anything, I eat Pasta, filet mignon, salad, nuts, crispy bakery bread, I was never a big sandwich eater so that is good. I dont feel like I am missing out on any one type of food..

I do have a slight problem though, since I have had the lap band I have had two kidney stones...anyone else have this issue?

You have lost 6 pounds since 10/27. We are supposed to lose 1-2 pounds a week with the band. Sounds like you are right on track!! Congrats on your weight loss thus far.

I was banded on 9/9 and lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks, then nothing for 10 weeks! Even after I fill! I just had a second fill this week, no restriction, but I'm up to 5cc's in a 10cc band, so I hope it will start to do something. It is discouraging, but eating less and loosing inches exercising. Just trying to keep looking forward!

I was banded on 9/25 and I lost 12 lbs in the first 6 weeks, had a fill, and then in the next 4 weeks didn't lose anything. #2 fill and now at 11 weeks i'm still at 12 lbs. I feel like I'm retaining Water cuz I thought I'd go down 3 more lbs. I'm just being patient cuz I know i'm eating right and it WILL come off. Right now, I think I feel a little bit of restriction but can mostly eat a little too much so I'm really trying to make myself stop.

All n all, a great learning process and I'm in this for the long haul. There are people who've lost MUCH more than me but I'm trying not to compare. I've always been a slow loser so why should I expect any different.

Keepin' the faith

Stephanie

I was banded on 9-22 and have lost 26 lbs since surgery. I lost 17 lbs pre-op for a total of 43 lbs. I just had my third fill last Monday and am FINALLY feeling restriction; although I can already tell it is beginning to lessen day by day. The first 4-5 days after my last fill I could hardly eat anything and wasn't even hungry AT ALL!! I am really learning to take tiny bites, eat slowly, and to chew the hell out of my food. In the month between fills I had only lost 4 lbs so I am grateful for the restriction but it does take time to get used to the new way of eating. Now that I am not so hungry, I am really picky about what I eat. I haven't had bread, rice, Pasta, or fried food since my surgery. I am cooking a lot more, planning my weekly meals ahead of time, and only eat out rarely. I just went to my sons college graduation in Dallas over the weekend and had tons of positive comments on my weight loss, which felt great. Good luck to everyone of their journey!!