Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay I'm scared.. please help :)

Had my period too. Everything went fine. We're just human women, and so we have our periods sometimes. No problem! This surgery will be the best thing you have ever done. Nope, I can't eat fries anymore and they used to be my favorite food. But I have found other foods I really like now, like French onion Soup with croutons and nice thick cheese. The truth is that after awhile, you don't obsess over food in the same way anymore. You will be fine. Good luck to you.

I believe that the doctor typically stands next to the patients side. Standing between a patient's legs would actually be ackward for the doctor( but as someone mentioned its different for every doctor)...but it really isn't an issue; there isn't a floppy breast, stretch mark, period, hair, birthmarks, etc that the doctor hasn't already seen.

In most surgeries the area to be operated on is prepped and the other parts of the body are usually covered for sanitary reasons.

I'm hoooome. It wasn't as bad as I though it would be at all. I'm a little sore in the tummy area and where the port is. I just took my liquid pain relief so hopefully that will help. Still nervous about laying on my back and trying to sleep. For reasons like will I be able to get back up? And I'm usually a tummy sleeper.

I'm very glad that I had it done! No regrets.

Hi there.... I am just starting this process... I really have been going back and forth with choosing lapband or gastric bypass. I am leaning toward the lapband procedure (HEAVILY) A couple of people I know have had the GB and are doing great....but then I see the statistics and it seems SO much more dangerous.....What made you choose the lapband? (any of you)Any regrets? I know that it will be hard, but I think the positives that will come out of it will SO outweigh the negs it will be worth it and life changing. I have been saving up for the surgery, but our insurance just changed and now this surgery is covered, but I guess I have to go to counseling or something now...not the same if I was paying cash....can anyone give me the heads up on what they will want to know or are looking for???? thanks for your time.... I appreciate it....kimberlyea

Love my doctor (Adam Glasgow in norwood ma). My BCBS requirements were a sleep clinic (I had 2 since I had to get fitted for a mask the 2nd time), 1 therapist appointment with the questionnaire filled out a head of time. the appointment itself was an hour and was basically him reading back my results. was very nice), 1 nutrionist appointment, meeting with surgeon and then just hospital preop admittance ekg.

It took me about 3 months.

i did a lot of research. Lapband is the safest and doesn't require cutting out a large piece of your body. Also it is reversable. Nothing else is to my knowledge. I have no regrets. Absolutely love hearing how well so many here are doing and so many that go see my doctor as well.

I have Blue Care Network, here in MI. I need to find a surgeon, the Doctor that did my relative doesn't do the lap band procedure...I wish I would have started the whole process earlier....but you really have to be in a mindset for it. How are you feeling?

I'm sooooore around the port area. Feeling okay otherwise.

Yesterday was bad (day 3) as far as pain goes. Today is a bit better. I look forward to tomorrow being even better. But yesterday I was in pain and was questioning wth was wrong with me that I'd do this. I am making myself drink liquids and Protein drinks.

I have no appetite and my stomach is rumbly with gas noises.

I had my period day of surgery so I may be a little more sensitive then most right now. I'm still very happy I did it and look foward to a bright future.

so bethm, you did it congrats. You said its not the bad, I have a low tolerence for pain. Glad to know its not so bad

From what I have read.... all of your symptoms are to be expected. You will probably have good days and bad days, physically and mentally...everytime that you question why? just picture yourself thinner and healthier and you will answer your own question... I am proud of anyone who makes the decision to take control...it's YOUR life! Congrats and keep with the updates..

Thank you :confused_smile:

Today is day 5. My pain has been lessening every day. If you told me 2 days ago I'd feel this much better today I would have said you were nuts. But I do.. the port pain is still there. It's still a little scary thinking of a hole there but I feel *a lot* better.

I had about 5 teaspoons of my cream of wheat with fat free milk that's on my phase 3 diet. I didn't feel ill. I do feel full.

I feel good today though. Very excited. I know I did the right thing. I made the right decision for myself and look forward to feeling better and better each day and having a project (myself!) that I will enjoy working on.

Best wishes to all waiting for their surgery and to everyone who went before thanks for being my inspiration.