Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old Band out -- New Realize Band In

Wow! I dont understand the angry tone of Rockbandster! I came to this site for info not nasty debates over product manufacturers. It sets a poor tone for what could be very informative info.

It wasnt an angry tone until people attacked me for trying to provide statistical data to help people understand the difference in technology.I try to help and get blasted

I'm not dodging anything..regardless of the amount of training I have or don't, it's probably more than you and your buddy. I have worked with thousands of patients and give lectures on the benefits of surgery and I could care less what you think.

Rocky... darl'en... the correct response is that you could NOT care less what we think.

Unless that was a Freudian slip?

It wasnt an angry tone until people attacked me for trying to provide statistical data to help people understand the difference in technology.I try to help and get blasted

Nooooo, actually you were not attacked for trying to provide statistical data, you were attacked for your arrogance, misinformation, and an inability to defend your bizarre claims.

You were blasted for your lies. Face reality, it will hurt but you will recover. Honest.

In the meantime we are waiting for you to defend your outlandish claims. You haven't done that yet. Any reason why?

You have been receiving angry tones since you started posting in July. You are in denial. Arrogance and attitude belong to me, not you. ;o)

Lol.. its like walking into a bar room brawl....sounds like anger to me. The bottom line is that its all basically an opinion. We will stick to the surgeons for more specific info and data...Its really a sad situation.....

And, really, until you got personal, rockbandster, YOU weren't attacked at all. But your claims were challenged and are still being challenged.

Lol.. its like walking into a bar room brawl....sounds like anger to me. The bottom line is that its all basically an opinion. We will stick to the surgeons for more specific info and data...Its really a sad situation.....

Thank you!

We trust surgeons to lead us in the right direction. Just because someone has a Realize Band does NOT mean they will not lose well.

Thank you for a voice of reason and logic.

It's a BAND. They all do the same job in the end. If I were to get a band (and I wouldn't do that again) I would get a Midband. If I chose an FDA approved band it would be Inamed. It's an opinion, nothing more.

well I glad some can correct him! :lol: It's not a war over bands. I mean HELLO the goal is to loss weight both are in the end going to do that. :tongue:

Rock even had to put his "glorious" two cents in when I stated that I thought it was cool that the Real. Band had a web support thingy. Rock feels that it does matter. Thats how petty it's gott'n. :eek: Rock think every question posted on this site is to Rock to answer OMG. :tongue_smilie:

well I glad some can correct him! :lol: It's not a war over bands. I mean HELLO the goal is to loss weight both are in the end going to do that. :tongue:

Rock even had to put his "glorious" two cents in when I stated that I thought it was cool that the Real. Band had a web support thingy. Rock feels that it does matter. Thats how petty it's gott'n. :eek: Rock think every question posted on this site is to Rock to answer OMG. :tongue_smilie:

I was just talking to someone else via email and I was expressing my opinion that when it comes down to it I don't think there is any significant difference in the bands. The reason I prefer Inamed is because of the port, not the band. They both do the same job. Period.

You know, it's common to have addiction transfer after surgery. It would appear we know Rock's new addiction, posting the same stats over and over and over again with nothing new to add to any conversation. ;o)

Maybe. He said in one of his statements that he has had dozens of people thank him for helping them but yet he has no buddies...humm...weird. :tongue_smilie:

It is just a pain to be able to just chat with people with having him right behind you bashing what you said.

What's sad here is that somewhere in the midst of all this we lost the original question, which was that Allicat was looking for some support.

Alli-I had my Realize band 3.5 months ago. I now have 4 cc's of fill and have great restriction, although I definitely had some restriction immediately after surgery also even with the band empty. The good news-I've lost a total of 61 pounds since my surgery! I am thrilled with my Realize Band.

Everyone's different, and everyone can point to this study or that study, but the bottom line question you need to ask is, do you trust your doctor?

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Bryan

I LOVE IT... THIS IS MY FAVORITE POST LINK.. ALMOST BETTER THAN SNL!!!

Thanks, Butt, for holding RockBaby to the fire....

If you come on this site, act cocky and put yourself on a high-horse, you're gonna get knocked off everytime..

it's not what you said or didn't say or what statistics you say it with.. it's that smart-mouth-I-know-it-all-attitude that got you in trouble, RockBaby. My guess is, if the truth were to be known, you've been told that same thing a million times before- haven't you?

And quite frankly, I agree with one of the original responses... they are both bands that create restriction around the stomach... period. A few pounds lost here or there with one or the other makes no difference if you've reached the point of having one implanted, anyway!

Most of us will go with what our doctor suggests, because for my two cents, my job in this weight loss venture will be the same no matter which logo is hanging around my stomach...

Merry Christmas to All and God Bless!

and don't forget to check back here daily folks where the banding saga continues......................:thumbup:

:tongue2: Enjoy your Realize band Ali... I love mine.... Especially fishing around poking at my port and admiring my cute incision scars from June. Rockstar... take your meds and stop drinking so much barium

Right there with you!!!! And I find a lot of errors in the posts so they are not just typos either!!!!!

Currently Registered Nurse, in practice since 1994 w/ a BSN...in case someone should wonder!!!!!

ok so anyone who finds an error, other than an accidental typo, please provide some data and prove me wrong.

The latest Lapband AP data released this week is from a Landmark trial including 50 different sites with 500 patients:

The results were 34% Excess weight loss at 6 months and 50% Excess weight loss at 11 months

The Realize Band is 43% at 3 years

Unless someone has some proof they are the same thing it might be a good idea to stop writing that on here.Its like saying a BMW is the same as a Kia because they are both cars. It's just not true.

In addition ,the new LapBand Website completely leaves Realizemysuccess in the dust.