Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Since I am getting bombarded with emails LOL I figured I would say hello before I unsubscribed lol

Hope everyone is doing good! Seems lots of changes.

even tho I dont have kaiser anymore I have had my band recently checked and everything is 100% great no slippage, no corrosion, etc. I am still 100% happy with my choice and have pretty much maintained my weight under 200 lbs for some time now.

Glad to see everyone talking, and take care!

Hello Everyone! So I am you newest unbanded friend. I had the band removed yesterday, 2/9/15. I feel awful. My entire stomach hurts hella bad. I can only lay on my right side and its so unconfortable. The surgery itself was so fast, 45 minutes or so. It was the recovery that was lengthy. I had an issue with low blood pressure. I can barely move. I can barely walk unassisted. I have to grunt to move. I did manage to take a shower an hour ago.

It is a good thing I removed the band. My surgeon said the band was starting to cut into my liver. This may have been the cause of the burning sensation I was constantly experiencing. That pain is gone. I feel no burning in my upper stomach or back. I did manage to eat 1/2 scrambled egg, 2 slices of bacon, 1 sausage link and licked a hashbrown. I am totally not hungry. I just need this pain to subside............

Hey everyone!!!! I wanted to share with you that I am okay. I have a rough ride. After the band removal, I developed a hematoma the size of a grapefruit. It is going down slowly. M stomach still looks to be about 5 months pregnant. I have minimal pain and am improving daily. I still am not motivated by food. I hope I can maintain my weightloss on my own.... Lots of luv and luck to everyone.

Hey Mo, glad to hear you are on the mend. After your post I went in to get an upper GI and found out my band had slipped... Ugh! Since I'm not ready to get my band out we decided to take the Fluid out (well most of it) it's been about 4 wks and I feel much much better my reflux is gone. I did gain about 4 lbs so I'm now trying really hard to get back on program. I'm sure at some point I'll need to get it out but I want to try and loose a bit more 1st.

Hello friends - anyone still here?!!??

Hello friends - anyone still here?!!??

2 hours ago, smallerj said:

Hello,

how’s everyone? I often wonder where folks are in this journey.

Long time no talk!!!!! How are you!!!!
I am revising to the sleeve with John Muir August 15th. I was successful with the band for many many years but after a baby and life I gained everything back and then some!

2 hours ago, smallerj said:

Hello,

how’s everyone? I often wonder where folks are in this journey.

Long time no talk!!!!! How are you!!!!
I am revising to the sleeve with John Muir August 15th. I was successful with the band for many many years but after a baby and life I gained everything back and then some!

I gained everything back over the years as well. Last year I decided to get back on the wagon and lost a few pounds so Dr Baggs gave me a fill. Yes, he still there. Now I’m struggling to loose a few more so I can get another fill….

good luck with the sleeve!

6 hours ago, tamra. said:

Helllooooooooooooo!!!

Hey Tamra and Jewel, how are you guys

Well here’s my update.. I had my band removed 2013 after my band slipped upwards. I couldn’t eat or drink and I became severely anemic and had severe gerd. I’ve gained over 55 pounds back. I wanted to try the bypass and held it off. I started taking Wegovy since April, I didn’t lose much and have been off it due to shortage. I hope to get back on as soon as Kaiser calls. Other than that I’m good. So glad to see the pair of you here.

J ~ I miss Dr. Baggs SO MUCH!! I don't have KP anymore because I work for Blue Shield. I actually CALLED him a few months ago asking if he would revise me and how much out of pocket a month it would be LOL! He told me it would be so expensive as well as 2 surgeries. He told me the surgeon I have right now is an excellent Dr., so that made me feel ablittle better!

HI REGGIE!!!! How scary about your band!!! Mine is still in there, perfectly hanging on from what we can tell, but it's just not doing it's job as it should. I tried to get a fill once after I changed insurances in 2020, and I literally made it to the car and was throwing up my spit, she had to take the fill out. I have another friend trying that med as well, but like you is dealing with the shortage.