Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Pam- Hang in there Pam, I know what you mean when there are personal things and weight issues. We have to get a handle on one thing and let it be our weight. The stress is our biggest nemesis right now so please don;t allow it to get the best of you. I know we don't talk on personal level, but let me know if there is anything I can do. That is why we are here not just for lapband.

Reggie you better take care of yourself my lady! I will pass on what my PCP ALWAYS tells me when I call him every time I get a new brain tumor - He says "Not to worry - if it was a tumor, it wouldn't go away - You would still feel the way until the tumor was removed or treated." Always gives me a little piece of mind when I'm stressed out about my Migraines. Get the CT scan, it will make you feel better - at least it put me at ease! Diabetes is a different story - don't know what to say about that as I have zero experience with it thus far - knock on wood! Please keep me updated as to what your doctor says and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Tina - I completely agree with you - stress & personal issues must stall weight loss because I haven't been hardly eating at all and my scale isn't moving - I have been under alot of financial stress lately - Can't wait for my husband to get back to work - he's an electrician in the san fran union and work is so slow - there are 150 guys on the books ahead of him waiting to be called out to a job! - sorry if I'm repeating my self cuz I think I already told ya'll this before.

Pammie - i so wish I could say something to make you feel better!!! Heck wish I could say something to make myself feel better. I will say this.... At least you know when you're feeling your lowest there is no place else to go but up! Call me if you ever want to; to cry or whatever!

Patsy - I'm so jealous! I didn't get ANY warm air tube! so glad you're feeling so well. Can't wait till you get where I'm at -

Can't wait till everybody who isn't already happy with where they are with the band gets here - I know it can't be possible that I'm already at my permanent sweet spot but boy do I feel like I am - so in love with Rambo

HOWEVER - Rambo failed me a bit today - or I guess I failed Rambo - apparenlty he enjoys Hershey's chocolate Syrup as much as I - Just when I thought I had gotten rid of all chocolate my nephew asked for some hot chocolate - we don't have any chocolate I say - and he says - yes we do - dad got some GRRRRRRRR. got the nieces & nephew this weekend.

I hate when I get to ramblin cuz then I forget what I wanted to say to everybody!

Tamra - how are you doing? Still starving??

Coco - still waitin for my doorbell to ring - need my house cleaned & organized from top to bottom - where are you?

Went out with my bestest friends that I had to cut off to lose weight LOL - of course we went to chevy's I got a Chilli Relleno - yummy! they got margaritas, pitchers of beer, rice Beans taco's & all kinds of junk food - i held strong for as long as I could but I ate 4 chips with some salsa! Of course it couldn't stop there - then we had to hit the bar so they could have a few more pitchers! I had zero alcohol.

For the first time I actually felt guilty that i lost weight - one of my girls came by here before we went to the restaurant to borrow something to wear cuz she can't fit into any of her clothes anymore - she just had her 4th child! Anyway - I use to always have jeans she could fit into but suddenly - i had nothing for her - She wound up staying in her sweat pants & t-shirt. It's a bittersweet feeling. I know she's not one of the ones that doesn't want me to succeed and I know she's happy for me that I lost weight but I also could feel her sadness at how big she's gotten - I'm sure that I only made her feel even bigger.

Heather - did I mention that I don't take the citrate one? I don't know what the difference is but in the class Robin pointed out that it was ok for me to take the ones Im taking because I was getting the band & not RNY - RNY'ers have to get the citrate ones because of the malabsorbtion thing...

Ok, I'm sure I'll be back up again when I remember everything else i wanted to say

Morning everyone, Wow Reggie that is so scary. I'm glad you are going to see your PCP, hopefully it was just some freak thing. If you do still have the get-together I may try to ride with MO & Ash it will be good to see you. Ok one preach line :) use this as lesson and jumpstart to getting back on track. I forgot what you said you ate right before but could that be it?

Oh, I sent the evite out for my party/happy hour. The girl who sells the body magic wanted to come in case anyone was interested. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what else they have....just in case :thumbup: I'm so broke but at least I can figure out what I want to save up for. So any way for those of you in Sac area I know its too far on a Friday eve but I didn't want to leave anyone out. BUt all you locals, MO, Ash, Lee, Tamra, Candra and whoever else hope you can stop by. Just wanted to say again, most people don't know I got the band so let's keep the band talk here. I'll even have some band friendly Snacks :thumbup:

I went and walked the bridge yesterday...I felt so good I can't wait until this rain clears and the time change so I can get out there more often. Then I got a bit of Nicolies bug came home and started cleaning I even went down the hall to what I call the west wing. My kids old bedrooms and bathrooms. Hubby and I are talking about getting a condo this place is too big for us and I can't keep it clean.

OK, let me get going here, going to church and then lunch for a friends 93 year old granny.

Happy Sunday.

Hey All. I am under financial stress too..........seems to be the most common kind of stress. I realize that right now I am not making the band 1st like I use to. I know that I probably made weight loss more important than everything else awhile back but now real life has caught up with me............I have other number ones.........so balance.........I think I was to focused on weight loss before and let other things fall to the side...........now I can't do that anymore..........just trying to figure out how it all fits.

Jes if I lived closer..............I don't even get off work in enough time to make it.

Happy Sunday all. I am back on carpool duty today. Having a teenager in high school is kicking my butt. We are on the go all the time..............between that and work!!

My house needs a good cleaning today!! I need to cook this week and take my lunch eating out is to expensive and not band friendly..........

Hi Ladies! Happy Sunday!

Anyone know if the Extended Stay America Richmond - Hilltop Mall is safe and decent? Need a hotel for my wife for the night I have the Sleeve. Any other hotel recommendations in the Richmond area?

Appreciate the help!

Hi everyone - I am doing much better today. I walked the wetlands - almost 2 miles. I didn't need a nap today and best of all, so far, no more runs! So its been a good day. I am feeling hungrier, so tomorrow I am going to work on foods that have more Protein (yogurt instead of cream of wheat, blend up lentil Soup instead of the cream soups) since when I eat more protein it usually makes me less hungry.

Tamra - how are you doing? I know you said you were feeling really hungry.

CoCo and Lee and John- you are in your count down - so exciting.

Candra - sounds like the restriction is working for you. Took me a while to figure out who Rambo was - you are a crack up!

Pam - sorry you have been feeling down. That was a great gift your Dad gave you and your boys - exercise helps. Is there something you can add into your life that you really love - that gives you joy - makes you smile? reading? crafts? being outside? gardening? It seems when you can do something everyday that you really love it helps so much with dealing with all the other things that we have to do. Tomorrow I am going to start a craft project that I have wanted to do for a couple of years - when I work with my hands and can be creative it makes me feel good.

Riley Jane! Where are you?????

Jes - how was the birthday party for the 93 years young granny - bless her heart! Walking outside feels so much better than on the treadmill.

Mo, Ash, Tina, Annalyn, Donna, Maria, Reggie, Heather, Nicole, Chris (hope I didn't forget anyone) - hope you are all doing OK - thinking of you.

Hey John, you're talkin my neck of the woods....well sort of.

Extended stay Hilltop

Marriott Courtyard Hilltop

Holiday Inn express - off san pablo dam( closest)

are all good.

93 year old party was a hoot... I hope to be that sharp at 93 if I make it. We went to the Buttercup... can't get anymore senior citizen than that. I had the meatloaf w/ gravy since everything I eat has to be wet.

Pat that's great you are doing so well with your walking. I think that's the key to being 100% quickly.

Tamra how are you doing?

Good evening everybody!

Had a great weekend! Exercised and all. Ate well too. I haven't lost an oz though. Oh well, maybe tomorrow the scale will be nice to me. I have eaten lots of meat/protein and have an upcoming TOM...Maybe that's why....

So, who all is coming to the get together at Reggie's House????

Reggie-can you post you address again??? Thanks for extending the invite to the kids. Do you want me to bring something? Is there a theme?

Ladies-are we going to take our measurements???? I know we discussed doing so before. I really need to do it. I could kick myself for not doing it when I started this process. Maybe I'd feel better when the scale doesn't move and I knew I was losing inches...I can tell that my body is changing. However I can't tell from what I see... My brain still has me down as an overweight...obese person.

Jes-I am going to meet and pick-up Ashley in Antioch and take Hwy 4 out. Would you like to ride with us? Is Candra coming/riding with you? I don't mind driving. However, I won't be able to leave until around 2:30pm. I have to attend Gayle's sister's funeral service at 11am and the repast.

I plan to go to the step class again tomorrow at 5:30pm at the 24 Hour Fitness in Concord. I hope I make it...I am still sore from yesterday's class. It feels good though. Haven't felt this good in years. I'm such a boring person. I love to come straight home after work...Especially on Monday's.

I hope all are well....TTYL......

Really you guys never told me it would be this good! Actually, I think Riley did, but you just don't believe it till you experience it. Still have my night time chocolate thing going on but it's not because I'm hungry - this is my head/eyes talking so I just can't have it in the house anymore - my husband is ok with that!

LOL! I keep reading these posts from you thinking, OMG she sounds just like I did!!! - and it's because - OH!! You are just like I was!

And you know what?? I still love this freaking thing! My older son is on an unfrosted cake kick. He bakes cakes and does not frost them, just lets them sit on the stove and the boys them over a day or two. Do you know how many times I have cut myself a square without thinking, taken a bite, and then had to laugh and throw the square in the trash? One bite! SO KEWL :-)

Got to read more posts, but life is good I'm back on track with my Kaiser class and exercise - not letting the warm man in my bed keep me from getting up and going to the gym any more!! He's always there when I get back

Will read up & catch up later - love yall!!

Good morning!!

Dang where is everyone?

My weekend was good, staying at a stedy 237.9 so far. I have my PCP appt. this weds morning, and Robin is calling me at 11 to advance me to stage 3.

Lee and Nicollie you over there prepairing?!

I have my test for school today @ 3 pm wish me luck!! If I pass I can begin enrolling for the dental program, and get my grants and loans processed and underway. I saw County is ongoing with hiring RDA's, so that makes me excited too :confused:

Tamra by the time you get done hopefully all the counties will be hiring..........

Hi group,

I am a Kaiser Richmond patient with a surgery date of 3/22/10 looking for others from the Sacramento or Northern CA area to buddy up with as we go through journey together.

Does anyone need a buddy?

Laurel

Welcome Laurel! We all could use a buddy LOL We are all from the area - quite a few of these gals live in Sacramento. I'm in the East Bay. Congrats on your surgery date - we have a few on here having surgery next week. Stick around and keep us up to date on your progress - who is your surgeon?

Riley - yes - the band has been good to me. Now if I could just get the scale to jump on board I'll be good. I ran out of the house this morning kinda hungry so I stopped off at Burger King - got a sausage sandwich - removed the bread & at the sausage patty - even that was waaayyyy to much. I felt it stuck in my throat for about 2hrs LOL. My eyes are still huge so It's just such a learning process for me. But I'll get it down!!

Yeah Pat.... Run free LOL

Tam - did you find out about the citrus ? Good luck on your test.

Gonna keep this one short cuz I feel like I'm talking to myself these days - just rambling about nothing for no reason LOL

Hi Laurel,

I live in Sac area, Citrus Heights and I am just starting this journey. I have went to orientation and have my surgery consult on March 8th with Dr. Park. The day of orientation I started the pre-op diet because I knew if I didn't do it then I would never start....I actully feel pretty good and haven't been to hungry. My scale is 7 lbs down already...I will be curious to know how the Kaiser scale matches up.

I am looking for some support classes around Sacramento and I understand that Point West Kaiser has one on the 4th Saturday, I will be attending the Feb meeting.

Good Luck and keep posting on your jouney.