Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hey everybody!!!!! Just finished getting my braids taken down...A 3 hour process....UGH!!!! Anyway, I'm back!!!!!

Tamra-I am so very happy for you!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!

You can do this...NO MORE LAST MEALS...YA DON'T HAVE THE TIME.... IT'S YOUR TURN!

Candra-Hey there girl. Nice pic!!!

Jes-I feel you. I have been out of control too. The fill only helped for about a week...I can eat again...No more carbs. Starting tomorrow. I may even start over with the stages of the diet. It can't hurt. Right?

Ash-It was nice talking to you today....I hope our plan works...Call tomorrow and find out.

Pam-I sure wish I could be there Saturday...I have to miss all the fun. I need to take my measurements too....

All-I am wooped...I have to go watch CSI and hit the sheets....TTYL

TOMORROW

GOOOOOO TAMRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, girl get ready to join the post ops.

Candra- I will be waiting!

Heather i know how you feel, you can do it. Hitting a plateau is a pain, I ate a lot and then drastically reduced calories and worked out to break my plateau pre op.Give carbs and see if it works.

Monique- you look great lady!

Donna and Riley, I miss you all so much. I am trying to be good lol. Pam, I hear you about the support system Lbandters. I think our group here is on the right track.

Tina dear, hang in there! I know how stressful things can be.

Good Morning!

Still not at pre-surgery weight here. I've been cutting carbs and calories but last night had a lot of sodium in a Thai eggplant and shrimp dish. My son gets back from LA today, then leaves for NY on Monday morning. I am hoping to hit pre-surgery goal next week or the week after. I need to talk to my work about being out before meeting with Liz.

I think support is very important and this group is great. I'm not sure that it's about Liz and Kaiser wanting to be in control. I think it's more about them wanting everyone to have success. When I went to my psych eval, I was told that the figure of 30% failures is now at 35% and rising. I'm sure that they see this from people who are not in compliance with the program. Kaiser wants us to succeed and get to goal as quickly as possible, if for no other reason than to minimize future health risks. They're making an investment in each of us through the surgery. They have one of the top programs in the country. How lucky are we to be part of it. When I go to the Wednesday night support meetings, I listen particularly closely to the post-ops that got to goal and are maintaining it over the long run. It looks like they stick very closely to the Kaiser recommendations.

I think it's fine to tweak things to fit our personal life etc, but why try to fix their system if it's not broken. I find I need to look to myself when it doesn't work. I've been eating less than 1200 calories. Maybe that's holding me back. Maybe I really do need the 1200 etc. I spent over 15 years in OA trying to do it my way. That got me to 249. I always think I'm smarter when it comes to dieting because I've been doing it for over 40 years. I'm not so smart or I wouldn't have been 249. I view the surgery as hiring Kaiser to teach me/train me/help me get the job of getting to goal finally done.

I think I'm done trying to do it my way.

Does any of this make sense?

Let's make great choices today and find joy!

Tamra and Nicollie, I'm still riding your high!!! :thumbup:

I agree that Kaiser has a good program but personal choice still accounts for success in the end................

For me I educated myself before orientation down to researching all four doctors and band types ect. So when I went to orienatation it was all old news. But there were so many people in the orientation that knew absolutely nothing and didn't reallyt seem to have a clue. Many just referred by there doctor and a few got up and left in the middle. I think there is your 35%'

For me I agree the rules are important but how your present them to me is also important. But again I am probably the exception since I walk in prepared and ready to discuss the issues. Last time I saw Dr. Baggs we talked about the newest lap band research in Australia.

I don't think I am in the 35% but have I struggled with the band. Yep but I also am down 55 so I still consider myself a success. I just want the band to get me to 150 still. But success is defined by 50% of your weight loss I am really close to that...............

But for me if I cheat I tell them. I self analyze myself before they can. I know where I am week and tell them. I am accountable even when I know I won't get a fill.......LOL. I just don't want to feel talked down to when I not hiding anything. If I am gonna tell it all and put it all out there I want respect back. Tell me I am wrong but give me some ideas and choices and than let me choose what to do.

Ok, ok I am a social worker and have found people don't change very often but when they do it is their choice. Not becuase I made rules and forced them on them. It is usually because I gave then choices explianed the conseqeunces and than let then loose to chose what to do. If you make a good choice on your own accord you tend to stick with it better.'

I think Kaiser needs a good way to screen people better at orientation. Once someone really buys into the program they seem to do well. But again that is a choice too.................

I also told Robin to call me in two weeks to check up on me because I know I need to do that right now. But it was my choice not something I had to do. I totally like the help if the approach is right.............

But again if I was in the 30% I would probably need someone to mother me and get on my back a bit more. I guess that is why if your taking responsibility you have to let them know what works best for you................

I am a rebel if you try to force something I don't do well. If you let me know what you want from me and let me chose than I do better. The rebel in me..................

but I saw so many people going through Kaiser that I knew were not ready even the day of surgery...........you just have to listen to the way they talk...........trying to tell me how to cheat pre op..........right before the pre op class..........LOL

Good morning everyone!!

Come on Leee!! I am waiting for you too!!!

Thanks for the congrads everyone, I seriously kept thinking about it last night every time I woke up. I stayed online late looking at before/after pics, etc.

Anyone see my note about the fake nails? it hurts so bad to have them take them off so I don't want to, but if I have too....

Good Morning Im here!!! I was helping a friend pack her house up last night to move her this weekend.... UGH fun fun...

I changed desks at work so not so easy to get online and read so I skimmed through this AM will read tonight... hope everyone is having a good day!!!!

Tamra - from what they told us a the pre-op surgery you will have to take at least one nail off. Any of you that had more recent surgery - is that still the rule?

I'm stuck at work until 4 pm which is two hours longer than I normally am here - ugh. I will take the two hours off a different day - why do people schedule meetings so late in the day? Well at least it is late in the day for those of us that come in at 6:30 am. :thumbup:

I had oatmeal for Breakfast, having my 1/3 cup tuna for lunch and I had a Slimfast bar (120cal) for a snack a few minutes ago.

Good morning all! Today is that brand new day we keep talking about.... As well as a new opportunity to do well and stay on program.

Jes-come on girl! We can do it! This is me running to catch he wagon.... Uuuunnnnnhhhhhh!!! Up! I think i'm on!

Tamra-yes, they say the nails need to be removed...however, I was told one finger was okay. I beleve it should be the pointer finger. They also said no nail polish whatsoever. Like a dummy, following the rules, I removed my toenail polish. To my knowledge, they never even checked. Unlessthey checked when I was out! They give you hospital booties when they are preping you. For warmth during the procedure. Luckily, I needed a pedi anyway. Somebody would have owed me $20.00!!!!

Gotta go to lunch.... I'll be back!

Haiti is a mess..............really sad!!

Yep one nail off. You have to wear this thing on your hand the day of surgery...........also no nail polish.

darn! Okay I will pop 1 nail off just in case, and remove the white off my tips....their air brushed, but I don't want to take a chance and they tell me no. I hate breaking them off it hurts so much but if thats all I have to worry about I am in good shape LOL.

I filled out the Health Care Directive kit and it scared me. I hate death, and even thinking about it, so I filed it out really fast and put it away....*sigh*

Having a good day, stomach alil upset from last nights binge....I made arrangements for my mom to take my baby Tues night until Thursday, she is taking the time off work for me, but I am going to pay her. She needs the income.

Mo - how did you handle having a baby during? I am worried because Brianna tends to come in bed with me and she kicks, lays over me, etc. all night long. Also she is so rough, climbing on me, etc. She's not going to understand me telling her no.....

So thats me today. LOL

Tamra - you might end up sleeping in a recliner if you have one - I did for at least four days - laying down flat and having to get up hurt too much.

Candra and everyone else coming on Sat and bringing food - you don't need to bring alot as we can't eat very much anyway - I lost count how many people are coming - I guess we'll figure it out when everyone gets there. :thumbup:

Tamra-yes, it was a bit difficult having her around the first few days. My mom kept her few 2 days though. Were told we are not to lift over, I think 10lbs. Well, let's just say that went out the window quick. I did have to hold her legs to keep her fron kickin me in the post area. Other than that, we were fine. The first few days were the hardest and worst. If doesn't last and you will get through it! I'm close to you so just let me know if you need anything.

Posting in the car so I'll be back when I get home.

Hi Everyone!

Tina, I so know that you're not in the 35%. I really hope you didn't think I was talking about you. I was just saying "in general". The shrink said it was 35% of post-ops that fail. Bev is saying 30% but it's going up.

Tamra, it's great to see you so excited.

I had a good day. Son came home today. We made big salads for dinner and watched a movie together tonight. He just left to go upstairs to sleep. We're planning a walk around the lake in the morning since it's not supposed to rain.

Sweet dreams!

Candra, I don't quite "got it" yet, but I'm getting there.

It's had getting back on track. I'm hoping I can lose another 50 lbs before my oreintation anniversary in May, and even have surgery!

You ladies make a very good point about the support. The weekly support group in EG is not any good, I didn't feel welcome there and it isn't run well. The leaders will talk amongst themselves, then when you talk to someone else they shush you! And you know how this group hates to be shushed! The Richmond group is just impossible for Sacramento people to go to, and the Point West group is only monthly. Perhaps Richmond needs to sponser a group meeting in Sacramento... at least to get it started. So many Richmond patients come from Sacramento and we need support. I think our thread is different from a lot of stuff on the site, we don't brag about cheating as someone pointed out. We're honest, and we call each other out on our cheating.

I'm glad to see the scale finally starting to move in the right direction. It's been too long.

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...Long Long story short?

MY SURGERY IS NEXT WEDS., JAN 20th!!!!

I will come back on later to tell the story :thumbup:

OMG! OMG! OMG!!!

I am SO excited for you babe :-)