Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Yea it sounds like I will need to avoid it for a while. I will stick to my Water and lemon. No problem. Just got moved to modified foods now. yay! I put my hand blender away!!!

Maria, I think you should listen to your body and make a choice to do or not...

Personnaly I think Bev was a little harsh last night. That poor lady left the meeting early with her head between her knees damn near. Did anyone notice? And yes she had RNY and I think that's a whole different thing to the band.

Since we are all being honest here, I had a little cup of sake 4 wks out and was fine. Sometimes I have a little wine or even a cocktail when there is a special occasion. I usally can't finish it but that's my choice.

I originally said I was going to have my 1st drink at home so I wouldn't be in public just in case. It didn't work out that way but I was fine anyway. I'd say choose something low-calorie and take tiny sips, you'll know when your done.

so much for that... I weighed myself this morning and I was down 3 more lbs from last night. meaning I'm only 2 lbs from my b-day goal which is next month. I'll wait another day to change my ticker tho.

I'm going to lunch with co-workers today, I should be ok since nobody brought in any Cookies today.

No chance to read anything yet-just a quick update. We climbed Diamond Head today. Wow. Talk about a workout! I'm so proud of us. Eating has been crazy but I'll get back on track on the mainland. Miss my ladies!

No chance to read anything yet-just a quick update. We climbed Diamond Head today. Wow. Talk about a workout! I'm so proud of us. Eating has been crazy but I'll get back on track on the mainland. Miss my ladies!

OMG..Did you jus say DIAMOND HEAD? awww.. my heart just dropped.. I MISS THAT PLACE SOOO MUCH! If you're daring enough got to Waimea Beach in North Shore.. there's a huge rock you can jump off of... SOOO FUN!

Anyways- Hi ladies.. Yes I've been gone again forawhile.. this time I got REALLY sick and was Bedridden for about 4 days.. which HIGHLY UPSET me because it totally threw me off track... Why is this SOOO HARD FOR me right now?! I can't understand it?!!!

well hopefully everyone else is doing good.. jus wanted to say hello!

Heather - awesome about Diamond Head. Keep up the walking. Bring some sun and sand back for us!

Tamra - great job on the weight loss; use it to keep you going. You'll get there soon.

Jes - I agree; all this is about our personal choices and all our bodies/systems are different so we have to figure out what works for us. I too hope eventually to be able to have a glass of wine once in a while. Congrats on your weigh loss - I like that you set a shorter term goal; I was just thinking that I need to do something like that with having so much to lose.

Ash - Please stay; this is a great group to learn from and it really doesn't matter how we get the weight off as long as we do it and get the support along the way that we need.

Candra - glad you are over your court thing; I'm so sorry I missed meeting you. My son came home last night and it was so good to get a hug after almost 7 months!

Riley - interesting about the fills. Your weight loss and persistance is so cool. Sorry I didn't make it to Sherry and James - got stuck at work. Wanted to give you a Christmas hug. What do you think I should do about the emotional eating class - the first class is the day after my surgery so I don't think I would be up for going out. Do you think it would be OK to miss the first one or should I sign up for the April session? Also I am using the Diet Minder diary. Any suggestions for on-line sites to get all the nutrition information - cals, carbs, Protein, etc?

I weigh tomorrow at Kaiser - been good so I hope it is a good number - by my scale I'm down 30lbs!

Hi to everyone else - hope all is well.

Edited by wantshealth

Ana - I texted you last week I was worried about you!!!

I havent ate much today, whooops!!! but my scale said 1 lb less then last nights meeting.

Breakfast - 5 pieces of bacon

Lunch - Skinny Latte (Whoops)

Dinner - I de-skinned some cornish hens, and will eat one of those baked with cucumbers on the side!!

Almost 50 oz Water so far.

Where is everyone today!!

Hi Ladies,

tamra & Jes - congrats on the weight loss - you too Riley Jane - and even if I was single i couldn't manage that many men one time - so not coordinated like that.

ash - sleeve shmeeve - we love ya so stick around! I mighta done the sleeve if it was an option last September!

Lee & bee soo glad I got to meet you ladies last night - I love having a face to go with the name - so much more personable.

Capt Mo & Pat - I am bummed that I didn't get to meet you both -

Monique - I would be home eating too if I wasn't at the meeting so get to the meetings!

Pat - A hug trumps all! 30lbs is awsome!

heather - glad you're having fun girl - can't wait to see the pics

Analynn - You need to stay on the board and get to the meetings - it will definately help keep you motivated.

Donna- Hi Honey!

Pammie - where are you my love?

Ok, my sometimers is kickin in - there was so much I wanted to say after reading 3 pages to catch up and now I can't remember any of it LOL. guess I'll have to start keeping notes.

One thing I will say about the band is that it really makes an appearence when you are stressed out - I've had this sharp pain in the right side of my chest for about a week now - suddenly, today - it's gone HMMM?

Here is my deal with this thing - I can't eat as much as I use to but I don't think it's the band because when I get full I feel it in the bottom of my stomech just like I use to before the band - but my tummy has definately shrunk. I did try to call again today to reschedule the appt I mised on tuesday and Bev said there are ZERO appts available and to call back in a few days. I was bummed because I really wanted to see what his scale says now - Im down to 186.8 but that will probably change tomorrow - up/down every day! Grrrrrr.

I really have no desire to eat these days. I haven't been thinking about food at all - which is really a strange twist for me because it use to be ALL I thought about. So I've been making sure that I eat a decent lunch/dinner - I eat around 4:00 - the last 3 days I've only had 2 meals - coffee for b-fast & whatever is around at 4:00 hahaha - but I'm not losing any weight - I've been power walking on my treadmill - just can't get into my C25K for some reason. Maybe I need to get rid of the treadmill and get a tread climber - just one more thing to hang my laundry on (jk!) So, back to what i was saying - for about an hour after my 4:00 meal i can't stop thinking about food -life just seems to be so much easier if I don't eat anything at all - I've come to the conclusion that I'm a binger.

Oh, Jes, (BTW - I really do love your hair cut!) you are right about the alcohol deal - Bev was directing that to the RNYers - their food processing isn't the same anymore and their bodies can't process the alcohol like it use to - we can still drink but they just worry about transferrence of addiction - from food to alcohol.

So, Maria - have that drink if you so choose to - just try to keep it to a minimum and the lower cal drinks and enjoy. - Salute!

Tina - how are you - I was just thinkiing about you as I'm about to climb in my bed with my cats LOL

FYI - Pat, if you're one of the people that like to weigh in at the Richmond meetings, the next meeting is the last time Bev is bringing the scale and doing weigh ins.

I'm going to try to make it a point to hit the next Richmond meeting so who's with me? I love the groups - actually - I love the "after" the groups with the girls :biggrin:

Edited by Desperate1

Hey Candra

I called for a fill and won't get in until January 19, 2009. So about six weeks out. I am still 199 an need to lose five pounds so that is good.

I cut my hair today. I got tire of it and it is so thin since my surgery so I cut it off. I liked Pam and Rileys hair cut so I did it too!! LOL.

Thank went and got my nails done like Donna~~ Ok I am ready for Christmas. Except I have to work Christmas..........*****sigh*******

nite everyone

Hi all, cking in...am keeping it tight these days!!!

Pat - you had asked for a place for the food and all info, nutrients, carbs, etc..... Click here...this is the official Lapband site, the brand that we get...so once sign up for (free) can make use of the partner programs...

Fit Day, is an online Diary... ck it out when can!

Lapband.com - Exclusive LAP-BAND® System Partnerships | Lindora®, Curves®, FitDayTM & CareCredit®

Hope everyone else is doing well, keeping warm with healthy choices!!!

P.S. Sweet-T u so cute anyways, lol, and Candra need my C fix!

The hairdresser said my hair is still pretty thick and that she could see the places it is growing back in........yea. I am not losing as much anymore........gonna highlight it or put in some red in a couple weeks!! :-)

Jes I did notice the lady left early after being ripped by bev....poor thing.

I have a 711 brand water bottle I have been using that says 50.7 oz on it. I just finished my second one for today!! I am laying here hungry lol. My cornish hens came out soooo yummy I kept picking at the second one. I finally had to put it in the fridge to stop myself...lol...sheesh. Now that I was down those lbs last nite I wanna work super hard and get the last 11 off asap.....I feel more determined now....those meetings really do help

Edited by tamra.