Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh Riley I did eharmony once and thought it was very well done. Just expensive..........so make use and meet everyone you can before your membership expires!! I think that is a GREAT way to meet people cause that quiz you take in the beginning is very through. I thought it was a good compatiblity test they do!!

I have your shirt too Riley. I am down another size now so it is too big. But sure loved wearing it!!

Good luck Riley with your run/walk I need to start doing those since I'm so into walking these days. But boy am I sore from todays walk. Goes to show, you can't let up off these things otherwise it's like starting all over.

Tina how's things? are you feeling better?

Feeling a little better!! Thanks Jes!! I have a bad cough that I can't get rid of but it is not keeping me from work and errands :-)

Looking at gym options right now. I have got to get back on track. Eating good stuff but to much!! Been really, really thirsty all week so drinking until I float!!

Have a great weekend all!!

Hey all.... Just checking in!

KIM... GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU - WISH YOU'D COME AROUND MORE!!! WE ALL HAVE OUR SLUMPS AND WE ARE ALL HERE TO PICK EACH OTHER UP!

Oaklander.... I'm 5'3" and 40yrs old - my PCP just wants me to get to 170 but I'm shooting for 150. I don't really have any health issues other than Asthma & Cronic Migraines. Not too much to do with my weight - oh but I do have a mild sleep apnea but have been like that my entire life - even when I was a tiny 5year old so, again, not really related to my weight so he feels comfortable with 170 - just below the obese range. Truly, it's your call as long as your labs are good.

I talked to Nicole recently - she cant make it saturday. she has to work.

Jewel, Thanks for yesterday... Just saw your post about purping... I do it so much now but never before I got the band. As you saw yesterday it just came out mid sentence LOL.

Monique... How was the concert?

TAMRA - WELCOME BACK GIRL! 1200 Cal... Atkins... Whatever gets the weight off!

Tina - Glad you're feeling better...

Hubby callin me - gotta run but so much more to talk about so I'll be back later.... Smooches all

Happy Sunday everyone! It's been a while since I've been around. It's such a busy time of year in our family, all fun stuff but it's go go go!

I'm 16 weeks now and have my ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby in 3 weeks and I can't WAIT!!! I don't have a gut feeling either way so it'll be interesting to see what it'll be.

We've got some baby names picked out: if it's a boy it'll be Dexter (Dex) or Eli and if it's a girl we're still deciding between Lucy, Lila or Charlotte.

I've still only gained about 5 lbs and am feeling good. I'm walking but that's about it for exercise. It's weird for me to not be the turbo exerciser I was for the last year! I kinda miss it but I'm enjoying the little break while it lasts.

I have 3.5 ccs in my band now and I have another appt with Dr. Baggs next Friday. I think I'm fine for now and won't have to have an unfill. It's been nice to be able to eat sandwiches and the occasional burger (shhh!)

I hope you're all doing great, from what I've read it sounds like you are! I'll post a belly pic in a couple weeks. I've REALLY popped out! Have a great day!

Woohoo Christine! That's the good kind of belly popping out!

Today is a new day, and I'm desperately trying to keep from snacking. That has been my goal all week and so far I haven't come close to meeting my goal. I'm off to the gym in a few. Any Sacramento people doing the Run to Feed the Hungry? It's at 8 on Thanksgiving morning, starts at Sac State/Scottish Rite Center. Boyfriend and I are going, I'm walking and he isn't decided yet. I get the urge to run more, even though Liz told other people they were too heavy to run I want to run a little. I'm nowhere near this C25k yet, but someday I will. I think I need to cross train a little, I love my elliptical but I need to prepare myself by walking more. Walking just uses different muscles so I need to work those too- otherwise I'll be coming home from Vallejo with my calves and shins cramping like last time! No thank you!

We're going to Hawaii in a month, I'm planning all sorts of active activities. Like a few easy hikes to waterfalls and stuff like that. I'm getting excited.

We're also having a bake sale at work next week, it's for a really good cause (supports the family of an officer killed in a car accident, she left behind 4 young kids, and supports the toy project where officers give out trees, gifts and food for families in need). The problem with this is that I've started early, I've made two batches of cookie dough. So far I've been able to keep it in the freezer where it belongs, but I always try a spoonful when I make the dough. Bad. But, I'm sending it all to the bake sale on Thursday. Good.

I don't think I'll be going to the Sonoma meeting, so there's room in my car if anyone else that needs a ride.

Heather I hear you on the walking. I've been on my elliptical every day but no walking outside! so today my legs are sore from the walk yesterday.:w00t:

Sore! OMG I can hardly walk now . . .I overdid it ladies! I walked a nice easy 6.2 miles yesterday, then like an IDiot, I ran the majority of my 5K race this morning!! Ow, ow, ow. I have not run at ALL since Tahoe 2 months ago, and of course I got caught up running at the beginning of the race, before I knew it the 1-mile marker had gone by and I was feeling fine, so I alternated between jogging and speed-walking and finished in 40:15! My goal was to finish in 45:00 so I rocked that run :unsure: but OWOWOWOW!!

Jes says hot bath and tequila will relax me :w00t: my poor muscles deserve it! BUT . . . . not today. Watching the NASCAR race instead :wink2:

Christine, thanks for posting I missed you! Can't WAIT to see the tummy and the ultrasound! This is so exciting :-)

Edited by riley4183

Tina - Faces isn't an exclusively gay bar anymore - anyone is welcome - I have never been but I know people who have and they say it is fun as it is non judgemental atmosphere.

I am just finishing up at work today - got here at 1 pm and we are almost done with testing. Gotta pick my kids up at my parents' on the way home.

Who is riding with you Heather? It might be easier for Maria and I to ride with you as we all live in Elk Grove.

Hellooooo . . .Jes? Donna? Maria? Are any of you really on here? It's so quiet it's SPOOKY, and Halloweeny's over!!

Pat where are you kiddo? We have to coordinate with these ladies for Saturday . . . . I can't WAIT to have you meet them all! :-)

Okay, I am planning to come on Saturday! But I know nothing about Vallejo. Where exactly are you all meeting????

Riley - I'm here, just been a busy weekend. Nate has a big role in the fall school drama production so we went Fri, Sat nights and Sun Matinee. We'll be doing it again next weekend - they had a low turnout so I feel bad for the kids and director since they worked so hard. It is a great little productions and Nate is hilarious as Trotsky! Riley, can I ride back from the So Co. WLS meeting with you to my house? and then I'll drive us to Vallejo (I will ride up with my husband or sister.). I'll check in with you later in the week.

Jes - trying to get ready for the big walk - I walked an hour Sat and Sun at the wetlands - it was such beautiful weather and I had fun exploring the new trails. But I'm sore - so gotta keep doing something this week so I'm ready. Can't wait to see you and all the girls on Sat.

Hey - do any of you eat sweet potatoes? We went out for dinner tonight and instead of a baked potatoe I ordered a baked sweet potatoe because I heard they were suppose to be good for you. I looked 'em up online and they are really really good nutrition wise. A weight loss therapist I had seen a couple years ago recommended them. Anyway, it was really yummy!

Have a good week!

Edited by wantshealth

Riley you are basically at goal!! :-)

I joined the gym today. I have my bags packed so I can go during lunch break tomorrow. I absolutely have to start exercising again.

I did snack today. Ahhh...........I am always fine until nighttime. Ahhh....popcorn today. That is what did me in.

Chris so glad your back around :-)

Pam I am so glad faces is not just a gay bar. I have alot of gay friends at work and they all hang out there. LOL. I wanted to make sure you were not getting a surprize. I hear thay have a drag queen fashion show there!! Have fun and tell me about it.

Heather I wanted to do walk to feed the hungry but I am going down to LA to see my sister..............work says no time off next Thanksgiving so I will plan for next year!!

Maria just a few more days!!

Edited by swrktp

Oh I love gay bars, totally safe to go dancing there! I have lots of gay friends too. Meeting one of them after work today, but at a brewpub - where he knows to keep me on task with my eating! A dear friend for 20 years and he lives a couple of hours away so I jump at the chance to see him when he's down here :-)

I have been going to the gym almost every day, I get there by 5 am and do 20 minutes of HARD "cardio" range treadmill (like, at the highest incline it will do - the uphill butt-buster theory!) after warm-up, get my peak HR up at about 170. Then I do 20 minutes of random bike while I read a book (I have to put it down to get through the highest hills) where my HR stays in the "fat-burning" range of 110 to 130. Then I do a little weight lifting but I need to do a lot more! I got a coupon for a free 90-minute personal trainer session so I need to do that before the end of the month when it expires.

Get my hair cut and dyed and my upper lip waxed this afternoon, I am so excited!! it's the little things ain't it?

Happy Monday everyone!